What fights should Glory have on their next cards?

Glory Kickboxing signs 28 years old Romanian kickboxer Eduard “The Blitz” Gafencu. He will be fighting in the welterweight division of Glory.

Glory Kickboxing signs 28 years old Romanian kickboxer Eduard “The Blitz” Gafencu. He will be fighting in the welterweight division of Glory.

Haven't seen Gafencu fight but from what @wtu85 said he's a good signing. Now they just need Kyshenko and we'll actually have some new exciting matches on the horizon.

I think it`s a good move from Glory. He and Lambagiu were the only Romanians who defeated Dutch adversaries recently. Gafencu has some spectacular KO/knockdown kicks which can attract viewers. He also has a boxing background so his punching technique is quite good also. Now, this does not mean that he is a superstar already. He must prove himself at the highest level.

I don`t want to hype him too much and I try to be as objective as possible. I always remember how hyped that the Stoica brothers were in Super Kombat and both got KO-d in Glory (from top fighters though). So, I am happy for him and for now I am optimistic. That is all.

I think it`s a good move from Glory. He and Lambagiu were the only Romanians who defeated Dutch adversaries recently. Gafencu has some spectacular KO/knockdown kicks which can attract viewers. He also has a boxing background so his punching technique is quite good also. Now, this does not mean that he is a superstar already. He must prove himself at the highest level.

I don`t want to hype him too much and I try to be as objective as possible. I always remember how hyped that the Stoica brothers were in Super Kombat and both got KO-d in Glory (from top fighters though). So, I am happy for him and for now I am optimistic. That is all.

Exactly, I'll be happy if he succeeds but until he does we just don't know what level he is truly at. As for the Stoicas, this is why i said to Broadcast that Andrei isn't a world beater, he's just ok, nothing more nothing less. I remember when Bogdan and Andrei were hyped to the sky and then got smashed. Fighters always get overhyped in European orgs.

I really do hope Gafencu succeeds in Glory though.

Stoica brothers were better than is Belgaroui today, and 2 classes over Maslobojev who ranks pretty highly in the LHW. Compared to Gafencu, they had faced 95% of the best opposition not in Europe (but in the world, because there are no Asian opponents in these divisions and SK was really big). Kickboxing is European whatever you will say. Superkombat was very big in their first years, they took over from defunct It"s Showtime. 2011-2012, because from 2013 Glory was snatching most of the top fighters but not all. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:SUPERKOMBAT_kickboxers

Yes again, Andrei took the fight against Kryklia on short notice and is not fighting the LHW. The LHW of ONE is -102 kg which is huge (not -95 kg). In their -92 kg and -95 kg respectively, Andrei Stoica and Bogdan Stoica (this one for a while before the motorcycle accident) were as good as Adegbuyi, Londt, maybe Zhuravlev, maybe Lascenko from before, maybe Cairo, the mainstays of Superkombat. Belgaroui was nothing than a young prospect but with less name in Romania than Fabio Kwasi and even Ibrahim El Bouni. And Kryklia proved in Superkombat, he is not at the level of Adegbuyi, Londt, Lascenko and others. In fact he even lost to Khbabez at that time.

And Maslobojev was invited several times to fight in Superkombat, like Samedov. Refused, being highly protected by KOK and fighting bums (I mean both Stoicas would have crushed our C-Robert Dorin, and Maslobojev faced problems against him; see what the Stoicas, both did to Hameur Lain who is now in Glory!). With Samedov, it was denied his VISA. He played this card, with Karaev.

And they lost to Ilunga #1 at that time, and Barrett #2. Barrett at that time was in prime, beating Schilling who KOed Simon Marcus. And Marcus was big in Muay Thai. Well, Ilunga was #3 but just because of Saki and Spong who moved down to the -95 kg. Additionally, Bogdan Stoica has had a career half destroyed by a motorcycle accident. He is fighting with a plate in his hand since years. Glory signed him after that accident, and before he also started to lose in Superkombat. Sure, he fought names, eventually top 5 in the divisions like Loren or Bugaenko, but his level visibly decreased. He was heavily affected by the accident outside of the ring. Not to mention he had to drop from the -92 kg to -85 kg for the first time.

You never know how a fighter will react to Glory, it is also about mental, preparation in those times. I know fighters who lost by KO on their debut and became champions. Alex Pereira lost twice to Wilnis, and also to Levin and Belgaroui before the current run (streak). He was also KOed by Kyshenko outside of Glory.

Jason Wilnis, lost in Glory to Parparyan, Levin, Marcus and Schilling, before becoming champion and beating Adesanya.

Harut Grigorian, started with a KO in Glory on his 1st real fight, KOed by Groenhart and eventually became champion as well.

Even Doumbe, lost to Groenhart and Nabiev before this streak. And after beat Nabiev by KO.

To understand why were they so hyped, you should have followed those times. And compared to Nathan Corbett they had constantly faced Dutch opposition and were not only fighting home against opponents who had to travel the planet. But if you ask me, Corbett individually was a tough dude. Just that he was not young anymore and Glory gave up on him. Corbett was a lot better than many of the names proposed by Cor Hemmers.

Now regarding Gafencu, he is switching gyms like pants, he gave up on Ruben Stoia who is a great coach and regionally in the Western Romania probably the best now. And his entourage is quite dubious, I hope I will not be right because I saw his father is a former athlete and intellectual. Now depends also if he is a fighter or not, if he loves the sport. Because Saki and McGregor have controversial companies.

Lambagiu has qualities that Gafencu doesn"t have, and has developed from year to year being still young. He takes on another super-heavyweight now, which is dangerous.

I enjoy Gafencu, but we will see if he will still look that good in Glory. I feel Lambagiu is more effective and his chin is not tested, but highly tested. Any fighter that wants to beat "Ramo", should open him up. And I can"t see doing that anybody else than elite. Otherwise some would try to snatch decisions. Ghiță also advised Gafencu to train in the Netherlands.

I also see Lambagiu in Glory in maximum 1-2 years if he will not take any bad decision regarding his career. He comes from a poor environment, even though he said he was happy in childhood. "Rambo" is of "gipsy" origin.

I know Nova44 does not believe in Lambagiu, but he also does not know him entirely. And Lambagiu has also faced better opposition.

Also let"s wait for some Glory announcement! There is nothing official with Gafencu.

Besides the Romanians fighting in GLORY/ONE my top includes:

* Light-heavyweight: Sebastian Cozmîncă
* Welterweight/Middleweight: Eduard Gafencu, Florin "Rambo" Lambagiu
* Lightweight: 1. Ştefan Orza (Orza is just 18) 2. Sorin Căliniuc (these 2 have the potential of becoming Glory champions, in my opinion but are young and must work hard) 3. Amansio Paraschiv (great fighter) 4-6 Gabriel Bozan, Andrei Ostrovanu, Călin Petrișor (Petrișor is just 22)
* Featheweight: Marian Lăpuşneanu
* Bantamweight: Ciprian Sofian (18 year old wonderkid)

Basically all are Glory material in my opinion. Sofian is so talented than can fight being built in Glory even now. Also though his division in Europe may not be as good as the Lightweight though.

Orza lacks experience now, but if he would have the best training he would be like Kyshenko in the future. Basically I see Kyshenko in him. He has so much power. Basically it is one of the best talents I have ever seen. Notice I don"t like so much the midgets, but I do highly enjoy Căliniuc! Orza and Căliniuc for me are big talents, Paraschiv in his first years was not as good as them.

And there is also talent that must be polished: Ștefan Lătescu (19-year old heavyweight), Daniel Nino Pattvean, Vlad Trif, Silviu Ionescu, Iulian Marinescu - all these are very, very young, U21, Bogdan Năstase maybe who is on a good track now after some Chinese beating and still young, etc. I don"t think Iancu and Ristea will make it, but I am waiting for surprises. I wonder if Cristian Spetcu comes back.

Certainly if Superkombat returns this autumn more will appear and the exposure will be bigger.

I'd rather Petch just leave Glory but if he has to defend then this is the fight to make.
If they want their European fighters to develop, they should at least have some second-tier thai in LW/FW in my opinion.

If they want their European fighters to develop, they should at least have some second-tier thai in LW/FW in my opinion.

A thai, yes. A top thai who makes all their fighters look like amateurs and would be better served fighting in another org, no.

Glory isn't letting Petch go any time soon but i just think he's wasted in Glory.

Yes again, Andrei took the fight against Kryklia on short notice and is not fighting the LHW. The LHW of ONE is -102 kg which is huge (not -95 kg). In their -92 kg and -95 kg respectively, Andrei Stoica and Bogdan Stoica (this one for a while before the motorcycle accident) were as good as Adegbuyi, Londt, maybe Zhuravlev, maybe Lascenko from before, maybe Cairo, the mainstays of Superkombat. Belgaroui was nothing than a young prospect but with less name in Romania than Fabio Kwasi and even Ibrahim El Bouni. And Kryklia proved in Superkombat, he is not at the level of Adegbuyi, Londt, Lascenko and others. In fact he even lost to Khbabez at that time.

So you’re saying the Stoica brothers were as good as Adegbuyi, Londt and the other ones you mentioned, but Kryklia proved he is not at their level.
Yet Kryklia totally kicked Andrei Stoica’s ass over 5 rounds in ONE FC.
I don’t know what point you’re trying to make but to me it doesn’t make sense.

So you’re saying the Stoica brothers were as good as Adegbuyi, Londt and the other ones you mentioned, but Kryklia proved he is not at their level.
Rule of thumb when you see him make a big wall of text is to keep scrolling and don't attempt to make sense of anything.

Ignore the fool and you'll be much better for it.

Last edited:
1. Andrei took the fight on short notice, from holiday.
2. The brothers are not heavyweights, Andrei does not even have the reach of a super-heavyweight. Kryklia fights as a heavyweight, and the light-heavyweight in ONE = 101.2 kilograms (Heavyweight). Light-heavyweight in kickboxing is -95 kg. The Stoicas fight in bigger divisions just for the money. ONE only has -102 kg and +102 or something.

3. Where did I say Kryklia is not at their level AS TALENT? I thought they (on that list) are all talented. You never know if a top fighter becomes creme a la creme or not. All ranked top 10 at their divisions. Ismael Londt for me was highly talented and failed to enter "creme a la creme" (top 4 HWs). He did not complete his talent.

4. I had personally recommended Sittichai and Kryklia for Superkombat on this forum, but Kryklia is still unproven. Reasons? He struggled with Wilnis and "Rogava", failed in Superkombat. Tell me an elite heavyweight defeated by Kryklia! Khbabez and Andrei Stoica are nothing than -95 kg fighters branded now as heavyweight (well, ONE lies its division is light-heavyweight, when it"s -102 kg).

Kryklia is the guy who lost to "Kirk Krouba" and looked awful in Romania against both some "Pavle" and Khbabez.

He is a guy who doesn"t want to prove himself, rejects GLORY, and in his 30s does not fight the elite of the Heavyweight division: Verhoeven, Ben Saddik (doped guy), Adegbuyi, Badr Hari, etc.

Certainly one of the most overrated kickboxers on the scene, also highly protected by Chatri. Not to forget he lost to Iraj Azizpour, basically against strongy opponents, aka real heavyweights has more decisions than KOs.

Stoica = LHW Cormier, to understand, he will never be a heavyweight. Khbabez = LHW Cormier. Actually Cormier is just a LHW, he would have had 0 chances against Velasquez and Dos Santos in their prime. Cormier fought in the HW because of a conjuncture. The division was poor and empty.

Last edited:
Back