What is a "Resume"?

{<jordan}
Clearly made you mad though :p. And hey I don't suck but I'll give a handy here or there when it's deserved
Mad? Half the board don't know what a woman is. And the other half are closet homosexuals.

Keyboard warrior claims that I have never had a woman? What is this kindergarten? The irony will be lost on most.

Mad? Half the board don't know what a woman is. And the other half are closet homosexuals.

Keyboard warrior claims that I have never had a woman? What is this kindergarten? The irony will be lost on most.
4tnk9r.jpg

In MMA that is.

I brought this up in another thread, but I think it's a good topic on its own.

We need to clearly define what it is before we use it as a point of debate. So the first question isn't "Who has the better resume?" It's: "What is a resume in MMA?"

Is a "resume" your entire (UFC) career or is it a list of your accomplishments/wins?

Since we started using this term for MMA, it's not that clearly defined, but if you put in your resume for a job, would you include that you're lazy or do you just highlight your strong points?

(That was a rhetorical question because I think we all know the answer.)

But what do you guys think?
you don't know what a resume is?

Record: # of wins , losses, draws, and NCs.

Statistic: Numbers based and factual. Things like, # of title defenses, # title fights, # weight classes titles were held in, win streak, # of finishes, etc.

Accomplishment: Usually denotes that a fighter has the most, many, few, fewest, or none (whichever is more desirable, given the context) of a given stat. e.g., most knockouts is good. Having never been knocked out, also good. Statistics are the basis for claiming that something is an accomplishment. Although, this can also be subjective. Sometimes, the fact that a fighter even showed up is an accomplishment, although not backed by a statistic.

Superlative: An exaggerated or hyperbolical expression of praise, frequently overused by Joe Rogan. It is subjective and opinion based, although accomplishments and stats can be used to support a given case. Things like GOAT (except in the case of Fedor, which is objective), most dominant, toughest, most heart, most entertaining, etc.

A fighter's resume could include a combination of all of the aforementioned metrics.

Last edited:
In MMA that is.

I brought this up in another thread, but I think it's a good topic on its own.

We need to clearly define what it is before we use it as a point of debate. So the first question isn't "Who has the better resume?" It's: "What is a resume in MMA?"

Is a "resume" your entire (UFC) career or is it a list of your accomplishments/wins?

Since we started using this term for MMA, it's not that clearly defined, but if you put in your resume for a job, would you include that you're lazy or do you just highlight your strong points?

(That was a rhetorical question because I think we all know the answer.)

But what do you guys think?

I always seen it as the list of guys you fought.
Your accomplishments were always separate to me.

Look it's a karate forum , 50% of the board are homosexuals , 20% virgins, 20% are below 21 years old , an 5% foreigners and 5% are middle aged married men.
55% of those demographics are alcoholics.
Which one are you?

Look it's a karate forum , 50% of the board are homosexuals , 20% virgins, 20% are below 21 years old , an 5% foreigners and 5% are middle aged married men.
55% of those demographics are alcoholics.

This is enlightening.

I always thought it was 10% luck
20% skill
15% concentrated power of will
5% pleasure
50% pain
And a 100% reason to Belal Muhammad.

Win-loss record(eg 19-2)

Notable wins(eg Anderson has wins over Vitor, Hendo, Forrest, Franklin 2x)

Notable finishes(eg Hendo ko’d Wandy, Bisping, Babalu, and Fedor)

Notable skills/credentials in related combat sports(eg Machida is a 3rd degree Shotokan in karate, and BJJ black belt)

Any contributions to evolving the sport(eg Mark Coleman was the “father of ground-n-pound”)

Any tarnishing to one’s legacy(eg Jones has pissed hot on 4 separate occasions, and has eye-poked most of his opponents)

Last edited:
Bellend "face the pain" Moomoohammed

... forgot his linkedin.

I think a lot of people use it in terms of who you’ve beaten. As opposed to your complete record of wins AND losses. Like almost everything in here one word can have more than one meaning. Because we are all different.

To me it doesn’t matter much. Some people in here shit on great fighters with even a cpl losses. Let alone 5+ losses. Either way I know an impressive set of wins when I see one. Especially since I probably saw it all in real time.

I generally don’t worry about most of it.

Aldo has much more title defenses and wins than Khabib's but he didn't retire in time so he has many losses too
So which one is more impressive?

Back