What is next for Kamaru Usman?

JoeRowe

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It seemed like he might stay at MW, but most of the division is booked atm. Does he fight a non-star like Hermanson, Vettori or Allen? Unlikely imo.

Now I feel like the biggest fights are at 170. If he wants a title shot he could fight Shavkat. If he wants a big name that he can possibly bully & outsmart he could take the Garry fight from Colby. Or maybe he's into a Colby trilogy. MVP? Brady?? Many great options at 170.

Or is it possible that's he's just done? He likely has enough money to retire & do podcasting & coaching.

I know the UFC might want to avoid the risk of killing off an undefeated record before making bank off a title fight, but I would love to see Usman vs Shavkat as a title eliminator, winner challenges GOATlal for the belt

Last edited:
Fight Buckley for a tune up fight if he wins next month lol. Win that then he can get a title eliminator. ;)

oh.. yea MW is not even an option for him. one last try belal before hanging up to gloves

Belal is getting the title shot vs Leon in July buddy :p

200w.gif

He’s in a bad spot. He really isn’t that popular to have money fights and he lost to the champ twice. Maybe if Leon drops the belt then he can try for a last shot.

I don’t think Usman is shot. He did fairly well against Khamzat. I believe he is too small for MW though. His style requires him to be physical to grind the opponent out. It’s not easy to do that as the smaller guy.

Oh yeah, because he's SO close to a title shot and not at all on the wrong side of 30 🙄
He's on the wrong side of 30 but you want him sit out another year? So he can get.....younger?? 😆😂

Back