What is the lowest UFC weight class that could consistently beat an NFL Lineman in a fight?

I think you're underestimating just how much hand technique and leverage is involved in what linemen do. And grappling from stand up is about control and leverage.

But I'll gladly watch these wrestler vs. NFL lineman videos.

so what? Just because one aspect of their sport has similarities does not mean it will translate to fighting. We are not talking about bums here.

You seem to think just because they hold hands in an nfl game it somehow gives them an advantage in a fight vs a top ufc fighter.

you think it will be over if they grab them? What are they going to do when they get them to the ground?

Thats also ignoring the fact that they need to get close enough to hold them without getting kod. These guys train everyday not to get held/taken down by pros yet some random nfl lineman is going to easily take em to the ground and smack em lol

so what? Just because one aspect of their sport has similarities does not mean it will translate to fighting. We are not talking about bums here.

You seem to think just because they hold hands in an nfl game it somehow gives them an advantage in a fight vs a top ufc fighter.

you think it will be over if they grab them? What are they going to do when they get them to the ground?

Thats also ignoring the fact that they need to get close enough to hold them without getting kod. These guys train everyday not to get held/taken down by pros yet some random nfl lineman is going to easily take em to the ground and smack em lol
You're very angry about something that I never said.

You mean champ of that division or just any ol 50th ranked Lightweight? When I was at Stay Fly Muay Thai we had Pro Bowler O-Lineman Barret Brooks training and he even as a new guy could tear some people up if he really wanted there

"fighting is a natural ability hurr durr"

fuck outta here lol these mfkers can't even fight regular joes on the street

big lineman gets kod by some random small black guy on the street and idiots on here think they can beat a ufc fighter lol

That's what he gets for being in a dump like Augusta lol

Lineman is tricky. They might not be proficient in fighting but they have a better than average understanding of leverage and violence.

The UFC fighter has to get the guy down first and NFL lineman are trained precisely to avoid being taken down by much larger, athletic guys who are trained precisely to put someone on the ground.

I'd probably still go down as far as LW but not a run of the mill LW. It would come down to striking skill. Can he break down the lineman first?
Islam or Khabib (in his prime) versus an NFL lineman

the average height for NFL linemen is 6'4. very tall, but not what you're claiming.

IMO people who can consistently beat NFL linemen are WW and above fighters. Not talking about only the top 15; all of them are included. I think LW is also fine but I'm saying WW for more certainty.
5 inches added to 5’11 is 6’4 last time I checked

This person has the avg size of lineman at 76.88 inches and 315 Ilbs.

I can agree with the WW and above for an almost 100% success rate but I’d say anyone fighting at 145 and above is almost certainly going to win more times than not.

At some point no amount of skill is going to overcome the size, speed and strength of the NFL you when the FLW and BW are outweighed by close to near 200 pounds

that's kind of sad getting subbed by a girl.....

was it like "you close enough" I'll tap or "bout to pass out" type of tap? you never know with training......

Ha. I know plenty of women who are excellent grapplers. We've a brown belt in Marcelo Garcia's who is fucking ruthless.

Indian girl nearly ripped my big toe off. Straight armbar I gave it up because that's what you do. Being Billy big balls just gets you injured

Your playing by BJJ rules and in a different mindset. In reality if you wanted you could of grabbed her by her hair and dizzy wizzy'd he beat the shit out by manhandling and using pure aggression and strength.

Not really. Once someone who trains is on top of a you, its quite hard to get them off if you don't know what you're doing. If you scramble, they'll roll with you and take your neck. If they have you in side control or mount and transfer their weight, you're pretty much stuck. Its a humbling experience.

Pure aggression and strength does fuck all if you don't know what you're at. Its why Bradley Martin is a fucking idiot asking pro fighters if they could hang with him. Pro fighters have trained in managing distance, timing and delivering clean shots. If some 260 pound knuckle head rushes in throwing haymakers, a pro fighter should easily slip and hit a counter that will hurt

I just can’t see a big linebacker taking out Aljo or Sugar , in fact it would be easy work by the UFC fighters. Let’s see the other guys in the division. Yan, chito, umar, id bank on the UFC fighters

Islam or Khabib (in his prime) versus an NFL lineman
Those guys easily. I think I read somewhere that both of those guys are walking around at almost 200 lbs and 5-10(?).

At their skill level, the size difference is much easier to overcome.

Not really. Once someone who trains is on top of a you, its quite hard to get them off if you don't know what you're doing. If you scramble, they'll roll with you and take your neck. If they have you in side control or mount and transfer their weight, you're pretty much stuck. Its a humbling experience.

Pure aggression and strength does fuck all if you don't know what you're at. Its why Bradley Martin is a fucking idiot asking pro fighters if they could hang with him. Pro fighters have trained in managing distance, timing and delivering clean shots. If some 260 pound knuckle head rushes in throwing haymakers, a pro fighter should easily slip and hit a counter that will hurt
Against a woman it does.

You post a video of a 450 lbs man starting in a dominant position. You have to be joking lol..

Do you think it's easy to just run to someone and grab them? You think the UFC fighter wouldn't move? throw a few kicks and punches?

jfc lol imagine thinking just walking up to a ufc fighter and grabbing them will be that easy let alone dragging them to the ground
Jfc imagine doubting the speed of a NFL lineman

I literally acknowledge the stating position in the post. Hence "IF he gets ahold of you" you fucking dunce.

I bet by this reply alone you're a 4'7" manlet with an inferiority complex. Cheer up you'll reach the top shelf one day.

Jfc imagine doubting the speed of a NFL lineman

I literally acknowledge the stating position in the post. Hence "IF he gets ahold of you" you fucking dunce.

I bet by this reply alone you're a 4'7" manlet with an inferiority complex. Cheer up you'll reach the top shelf one day.

You are judging their fighting speed based around what you see in an NFL game. That's not how this works.

There have been plenty of NFL players getting into street fights and they always look awful. They can't even dominate small average joes. Do you think they have a chance against the best?

Back