Movies What is your opinion of Mark Wahlberg as an actor?

I would say he's basically pretty good at playing Mark Wahlberg, doesnt really have much range in terms of different personas but is a pretty good dramatic actor within one persona. I do always remember that crime drama he did with Phoenix though and just how big the disparity in acting ability was.

As far as the guy he injuried goes wasnt it a story about him meeting up with him a few years ago to reconcile? I seem to remember that the guy wasnt actually blinded by Wahlberg but actually lost an eye in the war.
Yea I think many years later they did meet up. Funny how that stories of him in the early 90's is what people want to talk about and judge him on but build statues of George Floyd lol

As an actor, do you think he is good, bad , meh ?

Only movies I saw with Wahlberg are the Transformers movies, Planet of the Apes and The Departed. Except for the first Transformers movie, have not seen the others from start to finish. My recollection of Wahlberg is that his performance was not memorable, just kinda meh.

Ok, Above average to bad most roles.

IMO his brother Donnie Wahlberg is better. Maybe he has the same limited range but he's been knocking it out as Danny Reagan on Blue Bloods these past 11 years. The series has fallen off last few seasons but Donnie has and continues to make the show.

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled by his performance in the Happening. He actually would have done better if he acted like himself but he got the idea that science teachers act like weirdos who phrase everything as a question with goofy wide eye stares. It's almost as if he was doing an SNL skit(unless this was a director's doing).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeavyChag
Back