What to expect from Casanova gloves

Here is a couple more Mexican gloves I own. I use the lace ups for sparring and the hook and loop pair for bag, mitts and double end work. These are also Mexican market gloves.

425997F4-A3A0-4750-907B-16508106D9DA.jpeg 396B9131-9692-41B3-9854-2BB0B878F290.jpeg

I do not know if there is a difference between Mexican market gloves and US market gloves. But these gloves were offered by my Mexican contact and I could not pass these up. 2 pair, $200 US. The posts on this topic has me considering whether I should buy some Mexican gloves and offer them to sell. Boxers in my gym are Winning and Everlast fighters and think these gloves are ugly. I disagree. I am attempting to contact the fighter who sells these to me. His family informs me he is in route to Houston Texas to train for a fight on March 13th. This is very preliminary and will take much more thought. I do not want to offer these gloves on this social forum as the site makes money off of advertising and this would circumvent that. I also do not want a second job bundling and shipping gloves. More thought and more to come.

Totally might be worth seeing if can get a few people interested and do an order for us here in the UK
I might be interested in this. I live here in Texas but have traveled to Mexico once to get some gloves pre-COVID restrictions. It was cost prohibitive from a time and expense perspective. The gloves ended up costing what they do on eBay after fuel, food, purchase money and time. I have a contact from Mexico who fights in both the US and Mexico. My contact from Mexico is in route to the US to train and fight on March 13. I have contacted his family and they said he is going to train in Houston. I am attempting to reach him at his gym. I will update once I reach him. I need to do some research. I know how much I appreciate my gloves and think about what it would be like to go without them. I need to give this more thought and consider how much time is involved. Maybe it can be done. Update coming.

I might be interested in this. I live here in Texas but have traveled to Mexico once to get some gloves pre-COVID restrictions. It was cost prohibitive from a time and expense perspective. The gloves ended up costing what they do on eBay after fuel, food, purchase money and time. I have a contact from Mexico who fights in both the US and Mexico. My contact from Mexico is in route to the US to train and fight on March 13. I have contacted his family and they said he is going to train in Houston. I am attempting to reach him at his gym. I will update once I reach him. I need to do some research. I know how much I appreciate my gloves and think about what it would be like to go without them. I need to give this more thought and consider how much time is involved. Maybe it can be done. Update coming.

I think that's the issue in the UK, lack of exposure to good mexican gloves. Reyes is what they think when they see mexican gloves but they are expensive. If they got hands on with other brands I'm sure interest would boom....Once covid is over obviously.

Highly recommend working with Juan from the Mexican Gloves threads. Told him what I wanted and not only did he set me up with gloves from his TM brand, he walked over to the Casanova factory and got me exactly what I wanted there too.

@Badoldman - I'm in Texas too (San Antonio). I've seen the phenomenon of mostly-Mexican gyms sporting primarily Winning & Everlast. I'm a huge fan of Mexican glove brands and try to make sure they get some representation. :) I love your Reyes, my black velcros are from 2014 and your's look like they're shaped much better. Thankfully, the purples I picked up are more like your's. I usually order from Lockwood's or directly from the Reyes site - so still Mexican market. The "American market" issue was mainly just when Ringside first started selling Reyes as far as I know.

Highly recommend working with Juan from the Mexican Gloves threads. Told him what I wanted and not only did he set me up with gloves from his TM brand, he walked over to the Casanova factory and got me exactly what I wanted there too.

@Badoldman - I'm in Texas too (San Antonio). I've seen the phenomenon of mostly-Mexican gyms sporting primarily Winning & Everlast. I'm a huge fan of Mexican glove brands and try to make sure they get some representation. :) I love your Reyes, my black velcros are from 2014 and your's look like they're shaped much better. Thankfully, the purples I picked up are more like your's. I usually order from Lockwood's or directly from the Reyes site - so still Mexican market. The "American market" issue was mainly just when Ringside first started selling Reyes as far as I know.

I did drop Juan an email, looking at getting some TMs off him, customs are worth the P&P to the UK definitely. Wasn't sure if Juan still got other brands in since he did his own now so didn't ask.

Still want to add a pair of Casanovas and Classics to the mix...i'll have to sort something when i get back to work in TX.

Oops, I meant "Campeon" not "Casanova". Casanova is an option I'll probably do in the future. I have no complaints about my Necalli gloves, but having the old school Casanova logo would be dope.

Oops, I meant "Campeon" not "Casanova". Casanova is an option I'll probably do in the future. I have no complaints about my Necalli gloves, but having the old school Casanova logo would be dope.

I have some velcro campeons, brilliant gloves...but I think the quality isn't the best, what are yours like? I've heard casanovas & classics have a higher quality.

I have some velcro campeons, brilliant gloves...but I think the quality isn't the best, what are yours like? I've heard casanovas & classics have a higher quality.
I posted pics of mine on the gloves/gear thread (p129). I don't have any stitching errors on mine (anything that doesn't look straight is because of the looseness of the leather). Mine are custom hybrids - oxblood/maroon with white piping. The leather on mine feels better than the Necalli leather in my opinion. The only thing i might complain about is the stitching on the thumb and pinkie sides of the glove would be better if they were welted seams like my Necalli gloves.

My experience with Classics is from around 2006 and I was not a fan of that pair of gloves, eventhough my coach at the time was (is?) a main distributor. My main gripe is that I didn't like the leather, it felt like plastic. I did/do love their shoes, though I've never owned a pair. FWIW - GiL might have higher quality as well, but I really don't like those gloves. I'm perfectly happy to put up with some cosmetic (not functional) defects for a glove that performs great.

I posted pics of mine on the gloves/gear thread (p129). I don't have any stitching errors on mine (anything that doesn't look straight is because of the looseness of the leather). Mine are custom hybrids - oxblood/maroon with white piping. The leather on mine feels better than the Necalli leather in my opinion. The only thing i might complain about is the stitching on the thumb and pinkie sides of the glove would be better if they were welted seams like my Necalli gloves.

My experience with Classics is from around 2006 and I was not a fan of that pair of gloves, eventhough my coach at the time was (is?) a main distributor. My main gripe is that I didn't like the leather, it felt like plastic. I did/do love their shoes, though I've never owned a pair. FWIW - GiL might have higher quality as well, but I really don't like those gloves. I'm perfectly happy to put up with some cosmetic (not functional) defects for a glove that performs great.

Oh of course I do remember seeing them!!!
Yes mine there is a few stitching issues but nothing that would compromise the function, they are great gloves but I'm a stickler for quality.

But like you I do prefer welted seams, looks a lot neater.

If I had my own way I'd love to try them all and get hands on with them - Boxeo, GIL/Zepol, Casanova, classics, Juan's TM, Boxeo, JC, seyer but I don't have the opportunity and I'd look ridiculous with loads of mexican gloves and 1 paid of hands lol

But I've read brilliant things on this thread about casanovas so I'm definitely going to try and get a pair of those and obviously some of Juan's.
The classics can wait haha.

If I had my own way I'd love to try them all and get hands on with them - Boxeo, GIL/Zepol, Casanova, classics, Juan's TM, Boxeo, JC, seyer but I don't have the opportunity and I'd look ridiculous with loads of mexican gloves and 1 paid of hands lol
I heard JC Pacheco ripped a bunch of people off so that might be one you can take off the list.

I have GiLs, I want to try Zepols. Zepols are supposed to be the father of GiL and Classics. I feel like they might be the best of the three. Don't take my word on Classics, they've changed a lot since I last had a pair. I hear good things.

I wish I didn't give my Boxeos to a friend. They're pretty nice, though currently I'd probably rank them after Reyes, Necalli/Casanova, Campeon, Torres Medina (TM), and Top Boxer flores style.

Sell me a pair of casanovas ;)

So bloody hard to get some decent mexican boxing gloves in the UK!
There is definitely a market over here isn't there. Barring Cleto Reyes other mexican brands are none existent!
Totally might be worth seeing if can get a few people interested and do an order for us here in the UK

Hey guys if you want I can organize you Casanova or Gil gloves directly from the manufacturer. That you will avoid paying double taxes. I went that way for myself so I know details.

I heard JC Pacheco ripped a bunch of people off so that might be one you can take off the list.

I have GiLs, I want to try Zepols. Zepols are supposed to be the father of GiL and Classics. I feel like they might be the best of the three. Don't take my word on Classics, they've changed a lot since I last had a pair. I hear good things.

I wish I didn't give my Boxeos to a friend. They're pretty nice, though currently I'd probably rank them after Reyes, Necalli/Casanova, Campeon, Torres Medina (TM), and Top Boxer flores style.

I got a pair of Zepols off eBay last year. They're hybrid - velcro & elastic lace. They are brilliant gloves. Awesome bang on the bag, comfortable, great wrist protection. Probably my favourite gloves at the moment. The quality is superb.

So, I posted a review of my gloves (like I said I would) yesterday and it was waiting for moderator approval...and now it's gone.
What gives?

Here is a red pair I have and just now getting them broke in right. I do heavy bag drills with these until they mold to my hands. The latex padding is hard until you get about 75-100 rounds in on the bag. A 125lb Everlast does the trick nicely.
39534393-9FD7-4854-BDEF-03B76FAF0634.jpegE8951900-A496-4C71-BA76-018613812EC7.jpeg3E93309C-476E-4607-A835-11E8A7606265.jpegDECE62C5-C215-406C-BD45-2E186466C1AC.jpeg

Here is a red pair I have and just now getting them broke in right. I do heavy bag drills with these until they mold to my hands. The latex padding is hard until you get about 75-100 rounds in on the bag. A 125lb Everlast does the trick nicely.
View attachment 825823View attachment 825824View attachment 825825View attachment 825826
Those are some great looking gloves, but then again I'm a sucker for gloves in red. The leather looks nice as well.

I'll post the pictures from my review, but I'm not re-writing the whole thing again. TL;DR they're great gloves, would recommend.
Necalli (1).jpg Necalli (2).jpg Necalli (3).jpg Necalli (4).jpg Necalli (5).jpg Necalli (6).jpg Necalli (7).jpg Necalli (8).jpg Necalli (9).jpg Necalli (11).jpg

Those are some great looking gloves, but then again I'm a sucker for gloves in red. The leather looks nice as well.

I'll post the pictures from my review, but I'm not re-writing the whole thing again. TL;DR they're great gloves, would recommend.
View attachment 825834 View attachment 825835 View attachment 825836 View attachment 825837 View attachment 825838 View attachment 825839 View attachment 825840 View attachment 825841 View attachment 825842 View attachment 825846
Red with white piping, laces and freakin welted seams. That is leather art and any committed person would wear those with pride. I sometimes wish I could box as good as my gloves look. I would wait until the bell rings and ask you to let me see your gloves. Yeah, right up in your grill. “Hey man, those are sharp looking gloves, mind if I look at them”....while your trying to get a blow or a sip of water. It’s happened to me. I also have the guy in the Hybuskis (Hayabusa) hook and loops who removes his glove to take a cell phone call during the round and tells me my gloves are ugly. No bat wings, or textured diamonds or strippedy lines, or fangs or seams all across the striking surface. I just say, “yeah, they’re ugly.....and that pair you have will have been in the trash 3 times before these get broke in”. To each his own....and mine are Mexican gloves. Thanks for the pictures brother.

Is there an official proper Casanova Instagram page not the American crap

View attachment 825834 View attachment 825835 View attachment 825836 View attachment 825837 View attachment 825838 View attachment 825839 View attachment 825840 View attachment 825841 View attachment 825842 View attachment 825846

great pics

Is there an official proper Casanova Instagram page not the American crap
I don't have Instagram, but they may have something under Necalli - which is what they go by now since their copyright got stolen in the US.

Back