What's a cheap air / fan bike that works well?

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I have been looking at the cheap models from Marcy to Schwinn AD2.

Any recommendations?
Thanks

Last edited:
Rogue echo def bullet proof...maybe find a used one. The older schwinn airdynes will do the trick too...

You can get an echolen connect from Walmart for around $500. My wife got one and it works ok, but keep in mind we aren't pushing any crazy paces for long distances.

Thanks for your feedbacks guys.

I ended up getting a used Airdyne AD2 for 95 bucks usd.

I carried that fucker up a flight of stairs.
:):D
That's a good price. What are your initial impressions of it?

That's a good price. What are your initial impressions of it?

It came with a gel pad seat cover which makes it comfortable enough for me.

It's more solid than I expected but I'm sure I'll have to tighten the hex bolts on the arms every now and then.

I really like its compact size as I have a small apartment.

It's also not loud.

20 second sprint/10 seconds rest a few times and my lungs are really going.

It came with a gel pad seat cover which makes it comfortable enough for me.

It's more solid than I expected but I'm sure I'll have to tighten the hex bolts on the arms every now and then.

I really like its compact size as I have a small apartment.

It's also not loud.

20 second sprint/10 seconds rest a few times and my lungs are really going.
I have an assault bike and doing 20 seconds between sets is rough but satisfying. I do 5

I know Rogue Echo is built like a tank. Cost more, needs add ons for more price. Belt driven so reliable and "quieter". Bigger screen.

Titan made a smaller version with the add ons, cheaper but not quite as sturdy weighing 20 lbs less. Easier to move, chain driven.

The Assault is comparable to the Titan? Smaller than Echo
Don't know anything of the Airdyne

I know Rogue Echo is built like a tank. Cost more, needs add ons for more price. Belt driven so reliable and "quieter". Bigger screen.

Titan made a smaller version with the add ons, cheaper but not quite as sturdy weighing 20 lbs less. Easier to move, chain driven.

The Assault is comparable to the Titan? Smaller than Echo
Don't know anything of the Airdyne
Shut up dumbass

Excessive YouTube watching, ended up picking up the Titan. Had to hurry home, drag it up steps, put it together and throw box in burn pile before she saw it. Hope it blends in with gym for a while.
It does make some noise but less than the blaring radio. About 40 minutes to put together. Very smooth, much better on knees than the Concept rower, plus can jump on it between sets without strapping/unstrapping feet. A child could move it around with the giant mud tires and carry handle.
Good purchase, time to over-do cardio and die on it.

Shut up dumbass

Excessive YouTube watching, ended up picking up the Titan. Had to hurry home, drag it up steps, put it together and throw box in burn pile before she saw it. Hope it blends in with gym for a while.
It does make some noise but less than the blaring radio. About 40 minutes to put together. Very smooth, much better on knees than the Concept rower, plus can jump on it between sets without strapping/unstrapping feet. A child could move it around with the giant mud tires and carry handle.
Wire spotted my bike immediately

Report back on the bike. I'll be interested to hear. I love my assault bike

Overall, no favoritism judgement, will get some use out of it. That coming from someone who sells cardio equipment barely used because it's so repetitive.

The Good: Solid base, it doesn't shake and squeak
It came with bottle holder, transport handle and wheels, air guard for winter
Lots of seat adjustments for height and arm distance
Gun powder coating is bad ass
It's 50% built when shipped, you just add handles, legs and display
The start up is fair resistance, can't just leisure stroll on it dead stop but you don't have to stand on pedals to get inertia going.

The not so much: It's over priced, even at $600 on sale. Those things aren't more than $300 value. You're paying for advertising and the engineer who got that entire somma bitch in a 3x4 box
The display is crap. Besides the fact it ask your age every time you get on it, it's hard to see and you can't just get on it and take off to a basic distance timer.
It makes you run out of breath
It doesn't blend in. She walked in and looked right at it. Said "when did you order that"

Shut up dumbass

Damn my wife gave me shit for buying an ab mat and yall are out here buying assault bikes <36>

I want a skiERG but can't help but think I could just tie resistance bands around my pull-up bar for a similar effect.

I want a skiERG but can't help but think I could just tie resistance bands around my pull-up bar for a similar effect.
Had to google that one. Had seen them in gyms (more Xfit gyms than conventional) never knew the name. Thinking 2 good bands wrapped around your top bar on rack would save you $$$ with same results. But if you got the room....Fathers day is 3 weeks, challenge her love for you

Back