What's goin' down at Tocco's (video):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another of Cristian (black):

The other kid is a student of "King" Arthur Williams, who was built by Roy Jones Sr.

Arthur has a kid named Ethan who is currently #1 in the U.S. in his division (red):

This is the very quick Light Heavyweight I mentioned working with my heavyweight:

Ha^

I have quite a few good ones actually.

The other kid is a student of "King" Arthur Williams, who was built by Roy Jones Sr.

Arthur has a kid named Ethan who is currently #1 in the U.S. in his division (red):

Christian seemed to fight very hot and cold in the first. I'm not sure what you said to him at the end of the first round, but it sure worked. He was taking care of business after that. He moves his head pretty well and has a strong right hand counter, I like that. Your new crop seems to be coming along well. Just out of curiosity, do you feel that you are improving as a coach with each new lot of students? and do you enjoy working with unmoulded clay?

Christian seemed to fight very hot and cold in the first. I'm not sure what you said to him at the end of the first round, but it sure worked. He was taking care of business after that. He moves his head pretty well and has a strong right hand counter, I like that. Your new crop seems to be coming along well. Just out of curiosity, do you feel that you are improving as a coach with each new lot of students? and do you enjoy working with unmoulded clay?

I'm definitely improving and expanding the horizons. Anyone who wants to be worth anything as a trainer should. Theres another trainer at my gym who makes a big deal of himself, one of my guys from Canada came down this week and said: "Every year I've come down, that dude is doing the exact same shit regardless of what kind of fighter hes working with." No improvement, no advancement. He loses students like crazy.

I definitely prefer to build them myself. But, the way I teach now is more friendly to people with experience. I can train them without making them feel like everything they ever learned is wrong

Last edited:
I'm definitely improving and expanding the horizons. Anyone who wants to be worth anything as a trainer should. Theres another trainer at my gym who makes a big deal of himself, one of my guys from Canada came down this week and said: "Every year I've come down, that dude is doing the exact same shit regardless of what kind of fighter hes working with." No improvement, no advancement. He loses students like crazy.

I definitely prefer to build them myself. But, the way I teach how is more friendly to people with experience. I can train them without making them feel like everything they ever learned is wrong
I only have limited experience teaching people and it was mostly mma, but I found each time I started with someone new the process became a little more refined. Have you taught the big fella from scratch? I'm really impressed with his style, it's rare to see a big fighter, especially a novice, so fundamentally sound.
Even though he was going light (he looked to hold back even when the lighter guy cracked him) he looked like he carries a decent punch if he wants, especially with the body shots.

I only have limited experience teaching people and it was mostly mma, but I found each time I started with someone new the process became a little more refined. Have you taught the big fella from scratch? I'm really impressed with his style, it's rare to see a big fighter, especially a novice, so fundamentally sound.
Even though he was going light (he looked to hold back even when the lighter guy cracked him) he looked like he carries a decent punch if he wants, especially with the body shots.

Good eye. I posted a video earlier in the thread where he stopped the guy, and he was cracking him.

He holds back a little because even though my LHW isnt small, Marc outweighs him by a good 70lbs. I didnt teach Marc from scratch, his first trainer was Kelcie Banks. But he did take to my system quite well and has the signature movements of someone taught by me.

Last edited:
Bye the way, since there was a mention of the guy I fought...I never actually showed him before. But we weren't enemies, I knew he and his trainer (who was a Cuban National Champion) well, and he actually shed tears after our fight. This commercial has he and Merqui Sosa in it:

An interview:

After beating me he felt like he could beat anyone and wasnt wary about who he fought, and was slacking on training. But this kid was out of the Rafael Trejo gym in Havana. Unfortunately their careers dont always pan out. But if anyone thinks neither of us can fight, well...lol

I spotted your light heavyweight guy in the drill videos of your channel in the last couple of months.
His big physique and his smooth movement left an impression on me and I've been meaning to ask who
is he.

His fighting stance and moving have your signature. I could tell that it's your student even without knowing it.
You have guys with various body languages but I think he's really close to your ideal boxing stance judging from
all your work I have seen through the years.
Best of luck to both of your fighters btw!

Ethan gets hit a lot. Does he come from a point karate background? He trying to be like micheal venom page.

Ethan gets hit a lot. Does he come from a point karate background? He trying to be like micheal venom page.

No, he started boxing with Arthur when he was 11.

Arthur was trained by Roy Jones Sr. You should look up that dude's Son.

Also, Ethan is being hit by the #4 ranked youth in the U.S. in that video. Ethan is ranked #1 right this second, though Jacob was two divisions lower at the time of that video.

It's 1:08am and I literally just finished this video. It all started when a U.K. trainer hit me up and said he'd seen my videos of my squad doing prison style burpee workouts, so he fashioned something similar for his students. Then it spread:

I relate to this hard.

No, he started boxing with Arthur when he was 11.

Arthur was trained by Roy Jones Sr. You should look up that dude's Son.

Also, Ethan is being hit by the #4 ranked youth in the U.S. in that video. Ethan is ranked #1 right this second, though Jacob was two divisions lower at the time of that video.

For some reason when i see the length of ethans legs how far he keeps them apart, i feel like that makes it easier for his opponents to close the gap. Thats what i feel, it obviously works for him. And hes more durable so i guess hes working on his movement and trying not to get hit as much.

...squad doing prison style burpee workouts...

Excuse if it is a dumb question, but whats the history behind the "prison style"?Are these bodyweight circuits common inside american prisons? They're part of the routines of the inmates?

Excuse if it is a dumb question, but whats the history behind the "prison style"?Are these bodyweight circuits common inside american prisons? They're part of the routines of the inmates?

My heavyweight, from tonight:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back