What's Your Next Purchase? V5

I have one. Great rifle. Good price also. I just don't buy complete rifles anymore. If you are tempted.....just do it.
I already have a Colt 6921 that I rarely shoot anymore though...
Which BUIS do you use? Or do you just use MBUS?

Daniel Defense on most rifles.
Although I put a set of scalarworks on my latest sbr.....amazing but expensive.
I have one set of magpul pro offsets that is used on a rifle with a lpvo.

Yeah it's interesting. Personally I think a red dot on the pistol helped me most. I was able to see my movements live in real time. The mantis shows you what you did but you aren't actually observing it while firing. So unless you recognize what you did while the mantis confirms it or if the suggestions help you it is just ok. If your grip or something is incorrect that won't really fix it. Maybe try to find someone with one. Or hell maybe it will do more for you than me. It also wasn't accurate everytime. The app showing different hits than my target. Idk try to find more independent reviews. I've seen some great and bad reviews before a friend got one on sale for like $90.

Idk the sirt I feel like the same can be accomplished with dry fire and dry fire with a laser round. Plus it's your actual pistol. Have you tried the wall drill? Basically it's dry fire about a cm from a wall focusing on your front sight. It can help you detect movement in your take up, fire, reset. The thing is though I don't think dry fire answers everything. It certainly helps a lot. However I was able to shoot bullseyes with laserlyte targets all day when I wasn't that great live fire. It doesn't necessarily 100% translate to real world imo. There is no reason to anticipate recoil, flinch, adjust grip or anything like that while dry firing. But I still feel like it obviously helps greatly.
I own a 9mm Laser Lyte trainer, works great on Beretta when I bring it home but I just wish I didn't have to rack a Glock all the time. I'm aware of the various devices Glock devices that let you dry fire continuously, but they don't export to Canada.

I've done a lot of dry firing over the past five years, because where I used to live didn't suit my live fire pistol appetites. Perhaps I just need to stop fucking around with it and just buy ammo, because I agree that nothing replaces live fire and as helpful as dry fire can be, it's just a tool in the proverbial tool box.

As for red dots, I haven't really kept up and don't own a centrefire pistol that supports one. Perhaps, that's my excuse to buy a Glock 34 after all and pick up an MOS version.

I own a 9mm Laser Lyte trainer, works great on Beretta when I bring it home but I just wish I didn't have to rack a Glock all the time. I'm aware of the various devices Glock devices that let you dry fire continuously, but they don't export to Canada.

I've done a lot of dry firing over the past five years, because where I used to live didn't suit my live fire pistol appetites. Perhaps I just need to stop fucking around with it and just buy ammo, because I agree that nothing replaces live fire and as helpful as dry fire can be, it's just a tool in the proverbial tool box.

As for red dots, I haven't really kept up and don't own a centrefire pistol that supports one. Perhaps, that's my excuse to buy a Glock 34 after all and pick up an MOS version.

That's what I'd do. More ammo and if it fits the budget a mos 34. Seeing my movements in real time was very helpful. With irons movement can at times be barley perceptible especially during live fire but with the red dot it's very apparent.

I keep thinking about a bolt action and never get it. I think I'm going to do a 6.5 creedmoor AR at some point. I'd really like it if Radian would release a builder kit AR10.

I was eyeing the Bergara B14 HMR at one time

Haven't messed with bolt guns that much. And after shooting my buddies 7mm ultra mag I decided it's time. Definitely going with 6.5 Creedmoor. Not 100% positive about the tikka...but probably 90%.

Just got the text that I got stamps back. Not sure how many, I'm hoping it's all and they got grouped together.

So looking forward to picking up my suppressors today.

Vortex Gen 2 4.5-27x56 ebr2c
B2GJdq0.jpg
Looks great. How do you like it?
I used my gen 2 razor this past weekend to hunt coyotes....it was absolutely amazing.

I'm researching a bit....trying to decide on a scope for the precision rifle I want. I like to map out the whole thing and go from there.

Looks great. How do you like it?
I used my gen 2 razor this past weekend to hunt coyotes....it was absolutely amazing.

I'm researching a bit....trying to decide on a scope for the precision rifle I want. I like to map out the whole thing and go from there.

I like it a lot. Clear glass, great turrets, zero stop, illumination, etc. There are more reticles available now. The scope is very heavy. Like 8-12oz more than others in it's class. I got mine for 2k and it came with a $250 gift card on black Friday. So for $1750 I think it's fantastic.

I've messed with a a leupold mark 8, nightforce 5-25 atacr, S&B pmii 5-25.

There are things that I think the Vortex does just as well but may be slightly worse than the others. Keep in mind those others are like $600-1k more. So does marginal increases in performance justify the price. Up to you. The weight is a con if it matters to you, it didn't to me as the bipod us holding it

Back