Opinion Where do you draw the line on gun regulation?

45.ACP JHP+P does have 12 grams bullet and might generate ~370 m/s velocity.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

We need more criminal control we have more then enough "gun control ".

Last edited:
Why do you have a problem with semi-auto shotguns which are the most common waterfowl hunting gun but not, it seems, with semi-auto rifles and handguns?
Semi auto shotguns are perhaps the most effective tool on crowds of all sizes, and is already heavily regulated as far as length and ammunition. I don't believe people realize just how deadly a semi-auto shotgun can be. So if we drew the line at automatic assualt rifles and shotguns after 1986, it only makes sense to me to loop these in as well, as there is a clear difference in effectiveness between aemi shotguns and semi rifles.

Semi auto rifles and pistols should be allowed for self defense.

We have more than enough regulation of guns as it is. The root of gun violence is not guns themselves but the people using them. Maybe you should look at who is committing these crimes and why?

The line is at large scale indiscriminate weapons for me.

Everything else I should be able to have Amazon prime same day delivery to my door.

We have more than enough regulation of guns as it is. The root of gun violence is not guns themselves but the people using them. Maybe you should look at who is committing these crimes and why?

You almost said the root cause. It isnt people. Not all people have a problem . The roots are political corruption and inequality.

Semi auto shotguns are perhaps the most effective tool on crowds of all sizes, and is already heavily regulated as far as length and ammunition. I don't believe people realize just how deadly a semi-auto shotgun can be. So if we drew the line at automatic assualt rifles and shotguns after 1986, it only makes sense to me to loop these in as well, as there is a clear difference in effectiveness between aemi shotguns and semi rifles.

Semi auto rifles and pistols should be allowed for self defense.

Shotgun?
I think most trustable and...deadly is simple shotgun with enough long barrel and powerful cartridge...
Too short barrel reduces muzzle velocity.

Lead is usually common but now 25+ years campaigns against pollution...
Reduce lead usage ewerywhere etc.

Imo only huntings rifles and small handguns should be legal and under heavy legislation. And definitely a limitation on how many. No need for people to have 12 handguns and 21 ar15’s. People should be properly checked/ licensed.

And I’m taking in account that it’s the US, where I live everything except licensed hunting rifles should be illegal.

I think there might be some reasons why somoene does have multiple guns.
For example, it is possible to earn money if you are buying things and later selling these.
Ofc for retail sales business this should run smoothly but for collectors...

Btw, last 2 deaths ppl in my circle had experienced were...
damn stupid.
Number 1: guy had conflict with another guy.
When next day this lad arriwed to do his casual job....
Guy just had used on him shotgun lodaded for hunting on large wild pigs... Lad died quickly after 1 shot.
Number 2: drunk hunters... absolute stupidity...
Guy who did this still does have huge mental problems after this. This had happened cos he assumed that this target is wild animal.

Some cases even in so called bad circles were when lads fought h2h without weapons despite had knifes...

Life is b***

Should have to pass basic weaponry & safety training to obtain a permit to own a weapon. If you have a violent criminal record or history or suffer from severe mental health issues, shouldn't be able to obtain a permit as simple as that. I also don't believe semi auto rifles have a place in society for self defense, maybe even restriction in caliber to .22 or 410 etc for shotguns / pistols for self defense. Larger calibres for sport shooting / hutning.

This thread shows why Americans support and protect the 2nd amendment.

Where do you draw the line on gun regulation?

Any regulation that restricts the types of guns that can be owned, or how many can be owned, for law abiding citizens. Pretty simple.

2nd amendment is stuff euroass had missed.
The difference between slave and free man had been defined in ancient Greece and Rome.
Gangs anyway didn't had problems with this.
Even under Joseph Stalin...

No line. Own one and use it to protect yourself. If you don’t own a gun and get shot then that’s on you.

Handgun isn't universal protetction at all.
I think best protection measure is society.
Not law or prisons...

I f.e have CCW papers and usually don't have this when I'm working etc.

I have knifes.... I usually have these if I should go to warehouse...if someone will need and will not have quickly awailable.
While for pub? Nope....

i think extremely aggressive laws should be in place prosecuting reckless gun ownership and requiring guns to be kept in secured safes whenever not in use. fingerprint safes might be ideal in that they could be worked to keep logs and it could be proven that the safe was opened/locked/etc and which person took the gun out of the safe.

this could at leaste keep kids and teens away from their parents and grandparents guns and prevent many accidental deaths and suicides by gun.

if you left a gun out and that gun was used in a murder, suicide or accidental gun death or a crime YOU go to prison.

To buy a pistol you need to take a handgun safety quiz.
To buy that pistol you have to pass a background check.
In CA and some other states you have to wait 10 days. This hasn't slowed down gun crimes.
You can not buy it online and have it sent to your home. It must go through a FFL where you will have to take a background check.
These are the laws to buy a pistol online or in a store.

Now,
To get a CCW you have to give a reason why you want one.
You have to pass a background. You have to interview with two detectives separately. You have to pass a shooting test and take a two day course with a exam.
You have to be FBI livescanned at your expense.

To add, I've done all the above and own 3 safes, two for guns and 1 for ammo. Oh and one in my bedroom that only fits one gun.

I'm from CA where we had crazy gun laws. Have any questions about them? Just ask.

It's almost like people don't understand we have laws on the books now that prevent a bad guy from buying a gun.

The issue is theft of guns and those guns being used by bad guys. There's also a issue with mental health, violence, violence in video games, parents not having time to parent, social media, bullies and just overall crimes of passion.

Fix those issues and you will stop a lot of shootings. Take guns away and only bad guys will have them and you're really screwed. The police do not have to risk their lives for you.

Edit, if someone wants to kill a lot of people they can drive into a crowd to do so. They can do a lot of other things also that I won't go into. If a bad person wants to kill they will.

Back