Where does Kurt Angle stand among the greats?

He's amazing. The guy came out the gate swinging. A natural talent on the mic and in the ring.

He's probably the pro-wrestler of the decade of 2000-2010, but he's not on any top 10 all-time lists.

I think Kurt should be up there with anyone because of his versatility. He was a pro wrestling savant. He was a 10/10 worker who could wrestle anyone in any style. He could cut great promos. He could do the serious ass kicking shooter character, he could play the goofy straight-laced athlete guy, he could play the chickenshit heel. He had amazing comedy chops. He went from beginner to elite performer faster than anyone in the history of the business.

The only flaw you could even point to was his size and look. He was under 6 foot and probably 210lbs. He wasn't a muscle guy, and he didn't look intimidating. If Kurt was 6 inches taller and 30-40lbs heavier he would have been perfect.
He lifted guys Much easier than Bautista did. His size never was a glaring weakness to me, as his ability to hang was apparent and obvious.

He lifted guys Much easier than Bautista did. His size never was a glaring weakness to me, as his ability to hang was apparent and obvious.

I'm speaking more on the superficial, aesthetics side of things. A 6'3" guy is just going to command more respect than a 5'10" shrimp.

I'm speaking more on the superficial, aesthetics side of things. A 6'3" guy is just going to command more respect than a 5'10" shrimp.

The fan base back then was probably the right amount of smart to balance actual work-rate, look, mic skills and real world cred.

Yeah, if Kurt was like 6'2" Vince would have went ALL the way ALL the way with him. Not just as like the secondary brand champion.

Yeah but his strength made that invisible to me. Literally.

In terms of his PW skills, he's top tier.

great worker that had great matches
great on the Mike delivering many great moments
great connection with the crowd (especially as a heel)

but he was never a top draw, and not transcendent of the industry.

So, obviously, not on the level of Hogan, Austin, and Rock.

Doesn't have the career longevity (at the very top) as HBK, or Undertaker, but I believe he belongs in conversation with those 2 in terms of PW ability, and his 2000-2001 run is legendary in my eyes.

I remember when he first came out. Was supposed to be a sacrifice for Taz.

Then he opened his mouth and I was like "who the fuck is this guy? Lol"

Within a few weeks I was sold. Fantastic mic skills

Personally I'd put him around 6 on my list but wouldn't think it the least bit wrong to put him top 5

!. Flair
2.Bret Hart
3. Undertaker
4. Mick Foley
5. Eddie Guerrero
6. Kurt Angle

If we go with pre Hogan and post Hogan then Angle ranks in the top 20ish. Hard to put him in with the legends from way back when.

Easily top 5 of all time. Easily .

Guy did it all. Any style. Carried anyone to a 5 star match. I honestly can't think of a single bad match he was in. Everything he stepped into the ring you knew you were seeing the best pro wrestling has to offer .

Hes once in a lifetime unfortunately. How many Heavyweight Olympic gold medalists with as much charisma and mic skills are out there ? Nevermjnd able to work a good match or even be interested in a pro wrestling career ?

Bret hart, Kurt Angle , Ric Flair are my pro wrestling trinity

One of the best mixes of work and character ever.

Back