Opinion Where is Kaepernick?

He made his money, now it's just a matter of putting out token stuff on social media while riding his gimmick all the way to the bank. What did you really expect out of the millenial generation? Another MLK? Come on.

The likes of MLK and Malcolm X put their lives on the line, literally, to improve their conditions, can't really expect a multi-millionaire to do that.

If there's ever going to be another man like that, it's not going to be some guy living in a mansion with three swimming pools.

Imagine being so triggered that you type this much about a guy you supposedly don’t care about.

Can’t make this shit up.

Imagine being so triggered that you type this much about a guy you supposedly don’t care about.

Can’t make this shit up.

It's more of a critique of the unrealistic expectations about modern-day celebrities/sportsmen compared to heroes of yesteryear, than it is about Kaepernick specifically. It's like expecting Donald Trump to be Abraham Lincoln. It's simply not going to happen.

I type very quickly so it's not really a problem for me to write a couple of lines about somebody, even if I'm not too invested into them.

You don't make judgments on a 1-game comparison. That's just silly.

Just check their stats for that year. Gabbert threw more ints, but ended up with the better qbr. Gabbert also played the better competition, they both won 1 game.

That's actually a good question. He sorta helped get the ball rolling. So to speak. Maybe in the end it really was less about justice for all and more about about getting a job.

It's more of a critique of the unrealistic expectations about modern-day celebrities/sportsmen compared to heroes of yesteryear, than it is about Kaepernick specifically. It's like expecting Donald Trump to be Abraham Lincoln. It's simply not going to happen.

I type very quickly so it's not really a problem for me to write a couple of lines about somebody, even if I'm not too invested into them.

Lots of projection on your part. Maybe he isn’t trying to be the MLK of our day. Maybe he just wanted to peacefully protest at football games and the right decided to anoint him something he isn’t and didn’t want to be

He's looking for another phony outrage to hide his racism behind, so he can act like an ungrateful little bitch and get paid.... again.

Lots of projection on your part. Maybe he isn’t trying to be the MLK of our day. Maybe he just wanted to peacefully protest at football games and the right decided to anoint him something he isn’t and didn’t want to be
but he didn't turn down that nike money to be put in that light.....amirite?

Racism. And no, that wasn't a joke. That is what racism looks like.

<{cum@me}>

He went 1 of 5 vs the bears and had to be pulled from the game. That's not worth 16 million imo.

<Fedor23>

but he didn't turn down that nike money to be put in that light.....amirite?

It’s very simple. Right wingers build him up to tear him down. All because he is black. Protest peacefully? He’s a thug. Protest violently? He’s a thug. If you are black you can’t protest huh?

He went 1 of 5 vs the bears and had to be pulled from the game. That's not worth 16 million imo.

<Fedor23>

We've seen some of the worst QBs get 87 chances and stay around the league. QBs specifically, and they are always white. I am unsure Nathan Peterman even knows how to play football and he's still on the Raiders. Some backups end up career journeyman unable to even play when they have to start. Think of Tom Savage and Ryan Mallett. These guys are pure absolute bums. The list is endless. Trubisky got to start for 3 years, that should be illegal. The black QBs are never afforded the same luxury, Kaep included.

It's pretty obvious that, for a while, he was trying to wear the cloak of a community leader, a voice of the people. But it seems, after the big Nike deal, less and less.

It's not a matter of importance, anyway, what he wants to be or doesn't want to be. The premise of this thread, was to compare him to the likes of MLK. I laid out a couple of reasons as to why you can't expect a guy like Kaepernick to be another MLK, or anything comparable to that. The generation of MLK, these were a people who came through, and vividly experienced the unjust conditions which they protested against.

The arguments which MLK laid out, didn't come from the perspective of an outsider looking in, not a rich athlete or a politician, but rather a man who had experienced every single bit of the injustice that he gave speeches about. You could not argue against him, not really, You could just listen. He commanded absolutely authority over the issues that he chose to spoke about.

He wasn't some guy adopted to a white middle-class household, he wasn't a guy who spent all his youth chasing a ball, he wasn't a guy who came into millions of dollars by the time he was in his early 20's. He was a man who had obstacles set in front of him every step of the way. And that is why, by nature, he carried a much large presence than most of the modern "spokespersons" who are often rich celebrities or athletes who live a rather pampered life compared to the common man, and thus their voices ring hollow beyond their fanbase and other upper-class people who live in the same bubble.

A man with 100 dollars in his pocket, does not care about being preached to, as to what their life is like, by a guy who has got a million dollars.

Last edited:
We've seen some of the worst QBs get 87 chances and stay around the league. QBs specifically, and they are always white. I am unsure Nathan Peterman even knows how to play football and he's still on the Raiders. Some backups end up career journeyman unable to even play when they have to start. Think of Tom Savage and Ryan Mallett. These guys are pure absolute bums. The list is endless. Trubisky got to start for 3 years, that should be illegal. The black QBs are never afforded the same luxury, Kaep included.

I agree with that last statement. It has nothing to do with my Kaep vs Gabbert argument. I would even agree that Kaep deserved another chance, but teams were afraid of the media distraction.

I dunno, probably watching it on the news like the rest of us? Just in a much nicer house with millions in the bank.

It's pretty obvious that, for a while, he was trying to wear the cloak of a community leader, a voice of the people. But it seems, after the big Nike deal, less and less.

It's not a matter of importance, anyway, what he wants to be or doesn't want to be. The premise of this thread, was to compare him to the likes of MLK. I laid out a couple of reasons as to why you can't expect a guy like Kaepernick to be another MLK, or anything comparable to that. The generation of MLK, these were a people who came through, and vividly experienced the unjust conditions which they protested against.

The arguments which MLK laid out, didn't come from the perspective of an outsider looking in, not a rich athlete or a politician, but rather a man who had experienced every single bit of the injustice that he gave speeches about. You could not argue against him, not really, You could just listen. He commanded absolutely authority over the issues that he chose to spoke about.

He wasn't some guy adopted to a white middle-class household, he wasn't a guy who spent all his youth chasing a ball, he wasn't a guy who came into millions of dollars by the time he was in his early 20's. He was a man who had obstacles set in front of him every step of the way. And that is why, by nature, he carried a much large presence than most of the modern "spokespersons" who are often rich celebrities or athletes who live a rather pampered life compared to the common man, and thus their voices ring hollow beyond their fanbase and other upper-class people who live in the same bubble.

A man with 100 dollars in his pocket, does not care about being preached to, as to what their life is like, by a guy who has got a million dollars.

if you put this much effort into criticizing real injustice the world would be a better place. Instead you cry and whine over the internet about some dude kneeing during football games.

if you put this much effort into criticizing real injustice the world would be a better place. Instead you cry and whine over the internet about some dude kneeing during football games.

I don't even watch football. I couldn't care less about him kneeling since I'm not even American. Over here nobody gives 2 shits about standing up for the national anthem.

It's more of matter of people like Kaepernick being put on a pedestal where they don't belong, and they end up disappointing the people who elevate them to that position, every time.

Injustices would be more effectively combated against, if the people suffering these injustices didn't have to rely on social media heroes like Kaepernick to speak in their stead. Because these guys are about as knowledgeable about injustice, as the average guy on the street is about how to play American football in the NFL. To them, not getting a million dollar deal signed is injustice. 99,9% of the world wishes they even had a single million-dollar payday in their life.

When you've been showered with money throughout your life, it's pretty difficult to truly empathize with the position of the average guy on the streets.

Sure, he can speak up about it, and has, but it's not going to be voiced with the same authority as a Martin Luther King, who was in the thick of it. And the amount of effort that he's going to put forth in fighting against something that he hasn't really experienced, is going to be minimal at best, compared to someone who dedicates their whole life to it, because they vividly experienced those unjust conditions, and wish for nothing more than to make them go away.

Last edited:
I agree with that last statement. It has nothing to do with my Kaep vs Gabbert argument. I would even agree that Kaep deserved another chance, but teams were afraid of the media distraction.

Teams were willing to take back Antonio Brown after his disaster. Josh Gordon after his infinite failures. Ray Rice almost made a return. But the QB position? Never would have happened. I think the media part was an excuse to not bring him back more than the reason. He was overrated I'll give you that much, he definitely was, but as a backup he'd be better than 80% of them at the time. Even the pay, look at a guy that's allegedly needed like Taysom Hill, a 3rd string QB doing a few things getting paid more than any backup-only QB I can think of. Or the draft where Rosen goes in the top 10 but we question if Lamar Jackson will be a good QB and teammate. You want some white privilege? Look at NFL QBs. That's the privilege of a lifetime right there.

Back