Media Which fighters should GLORY Kickboxing sign?

Usually I would talk a little bit of shit when another MMA fighter wants to come over to Kickboxing, but the Heavyweight division is on life support right now and needs whatever it can get. He might actually do alright.

I don't see it happening because I don't think they'll offer him the kind of money he wants, but in a parallel universe if we imagine that they managed to sign him, you could easily imagine him KO'ing the old guard of Overeem, Badr Hari, etc. and perhaps even Rico just front pure power. That would actually be quite embarrassing for Kickboxing.

If there is 70kg division, definitely Krasti should be in. Dominant work the past year in Muay Thai. Finnisher from Finland.
Even as a fellow Finnish person, I I'm not sure if Krasti is proper "Glory level", though throwing him a fight or two wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...see how he'd do.

I don't see it happening because I don't think they'll offer him the kind of money he wants, but in a parallel universe if we imagine that they managed to sign him, you could easily imagine him KO'ing the old guard of Overeem, Badr Hari, etc. and perhaps even Rico just front pure power. That would actually be quite embarrassing for Kickboxing.

Yeah, realistically it won't happen. I think Ngannou ended up sabotaging his career by attempting to strong arm the UFC; he is not enough of a household name for any Boxers to really care about fighting him, Kickboxing & MT don't pay enough and neither do other MMA promotions (at least relative to what champions make in the UFC). IMO he wouldn't fair too well in Kickboxing, if by chance he were to get over to Glory somehow. His gas tank has never been great, and in a Kickboxing ring he won't have the luxury of using that huge space to recover like the octagon affords him. Like you said, he would probably KO older guys like Overeem or Hari, but personally I think Rico would give him a pretty one-sided beatdown - same with any of the other guys who are towards the top of the division like Plazibat, Adegbuyi, JBS, etc.

One of the things he mentioned, is that he does keep an eye on what fans want to see and he also mentioned Sherdog. So let’s keep discussing potential fights

I'm telling you GLORY needs to host more Rivals events in Japan, there were some good talent there. I'd be REALLY happy to see some cross promotion( K1xRise vs Glory) matchups. So Robbie please make it happen!

Interview with Tyrone Spong.
Tyrone says he’s back better than ever after taking some time off to find his inner peace at the jungle of Suriname (and a new haircut, lol). He’s open for every challenge, and likes the way martial arts has been evolving (into a lot of different disciplines)

This friday Spong will join a Dutch combat sports liveshow on instagram. The show is hosted by 2 Dutch reporters/combat sports enthusiasts.
If you guys got any questions regarding Spong just put them here, I’m familiar with those guys and can send them your question for the liveshow in Dutch.

Interview with Tyrone Spong.
Tyrone says he’s back better than ever after taking some time off to find his inner peace at the jungle of Suriname (and a new haircut, lol). He’s open for every challenge, and likes the way martial arts has been evolving (into a lot of different disciplines)

This friday Spong will join a Dutch combat sports liveshow on instagram. The show is hosted by 2 Dutch reporters/combat sports enthusiasts.
If you guys got any questions regarding Spong just put them here, I’m familiar with those guys and can send them your question for the liveshow in Dutch.

Homeless Spong is interesting, would be fun to see him in the HW division in Glory.

Homeless Spong is interesting, would be fun to see him in the HW division in Glory.

oof-old-man.gif

Last saturday, @BoxerMaurits and I went to Glory 85. I really enjoyed the event again. I had a great time again! After the event, I started thinking about some matches I would like to see:

Murat Aygun vs Raul Catinas: Both heavy hitters who will always deliver. However, both are not the tallest HW's so I think it would be great to see them fight each other.

Amine vs Micheletti: Both very technical LHW's. Amine truly impressed me against Duut. He had an answer to everything Duut tried and his counters were great. Would be great to see him against a fit and experienced Micheletti.

Kaffa vs Adamchuk: Kaffa's debut was impressive. Probably too early for a high ranked featherweight, but would be nice to see how he performs against someone more experienced.

What do you guys think? Any matchups you would like to see?

Last saturday, @BoxerMaurits and I went to Glory 85. I really enjoyed the event again. I had a great time again! After the event, I started thinking about some matches I would like to see:

Murat Aygun vs Raul Catinas: Both heavy hitters who will always deliver. However, both are not the tallest HW's so I think it would be great to see them fight each other.

Amine vs Micheletti: Both very technical LHW's. Amine truly impressed me against Duut. He had an answer to everything Duut tried and his counters were great. Would be great to see him against a fit and experienced Micheletti.

Kaffa vs Adamchuk: Kaffa's debut was impressive. Probably too early for a high ranked featherweight, but would be nice to see how he performs against someone more experienced.

What do you guys think? Any matchups you would like to see?
Raul Cătinaș vs Murat Aygün, that’s some solid matchmaking right there if you ask me, I like it.
Raul is the bigger puncher, though Murat throws with more volume. Aygün sometimes has that little pause in his attacks, where it looks like he hesitates or something, which might get him caught by a big overhand from Cătinaș.
Both guys always come forward so this should be a banger.

I always wanted to see Felipe Micheletti vs Michael Duut. Now Mo Amine defeated Duut, give me Momine vs Micheletti:cool:
Should be a very fun fight.

Adamchuk is very experienced and has been fighting on this level for a very long time now. He’s on a 3-fight losing streak though, but that was against elite competition so I’m not sure if he lost a step or not. I didn’t expect him to lose the way he did against Kento, because Kento uses to fight at a lighter weight and was clearly the smaller man in the ring. He put on a very dominant performance though, so I definitely would like to see Kento fight in the GLORY-ring again, aswell as Kaito Ono.
Long story short:
Adamchuk is an experienced vet and should be a solid tough test for Kaffa. It’s a fight that should tell us a lot more about where either fighter stands in their career at this point

Long story short:
Adamchuk is an experienced vet and should be a solid tough test for Kaffa. It’s a fight that should tell us a lot more about where either fighter stands in their career at this point
The winner would be whoever resisted the temptation to brawl and threw more kicks, which would probably be Adamchuk.

The winner would be whoever resisted the temptation to brawl and threw more kicks, which would probably be Adamchuk.
Yeah I think he should be favored too. Still a good test for Kaffa though. I remember Vidales doing very good in the first round against Adamchuk until he got stopped in the third, which was his first big test about 3,5 years ago

I'd say the winner of Spence vs Crawford or Innoue.

Of the 4 listed (Fury, Rico, Jones, Francis) I'd say Fury. Him beating 2 of the biggest punchers in history and making greatest hw comeback since Forman has to clinch it.

Rico is also underrated, he's beaten some real killers and has come back from the brink to turn the tables, dig deep, and seize victory out from the jaws of defeat.

Jones is incrediblely talented (perhaps most talend next to Fury) and fighting in a deeper talent pool than is Rico, but hasn't overcome adversity like Fury or Rico. When he has faced heavy resistance he won sure, but not without alot of controversy. He is also an objectively and obscenely, dirty fighter who would probably look more human if the rules and reffing were at the standards that they should be.

Francis is the obvious #4. He has had some notable wins and is a devestating puncher, but lacks the notable wins and has suffered losses that should imitately disqualify him from the discussion.

Baddest? I'd say Beterbiev, Naoya, or Matias.
The more I think about it, the more that I think it has to be Innoue. He knocks dudes dead. I can't think of anyone that size who has or had that kind of murderous power. Maybe Annuwat in his prime, but he was much more one dimensional.

Last edited:
I guess it really depends on how you define "Baddest".

As far as "bad" as a negative connotation, it's hard to top Bones Jones beating up his wife and leaving a pregnant lady hopeless with a broken leg after he rammed his car into her while high on cocaine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back