Movies Which is the best Daniel Day-Lewis film?

Which is the best Daniel Day-Lewis film?

• Total voters
I am going Mohicans, but In TheName of The Father was an amazing role. Lincoln is under appreciated.

DDS wasn't as good in it but Mohicans had the better supporting characters. Chingachgook, Uncas and especially Magua were fucking awesome.

But I still voted TWBB. It's a one-man DDS show but that's perfect because the story is told from Plainview's POV and since he's a narcissistic MFer, everyone else is supposed to be an NPC.

Last edited:
The real question here is who would win in a fight, Magua with knife and hatchet or Daniel Plainview with a bowling pin and milkshake if both are drunk off their asses on firewater?

1*YGuRAb32LeMq2TwmJ1hQDQ.gif

2b7.gif

LDPeDhA.gif

Last edited:
The real question here is who would win in a fight, Magua with knife and hatchet or Daniel Plainview with a bowling pin and milkshake if both are drunk off their ass on firewater?

2b7.gif

LDPeDhA.gif
This absolutely requires a poll. My money is on Daniel Plainview via milkshake RNC.

This absolutely requires a poll. My money is on Daniel Plainview via milkshake RNC.

Agree this deserves a poll. Could go either way but my money is also on Plainview. Magua is almost certainly a better hand to hand combatant but Plainview lost his shit at the mere suggestion he could take better care of his family if he cashed out his business. If some dude actually tried to murder him and separate him from his money? Plainview via milkshake retard strength.

Last edited:
Ah yes "The last of the Mohicans" rented it and never watched it the first time round, too busy with a girl I was dating at the time.......

I've only seen 4 of those movies, and I hated Lincoln, so that leaves there will be blood, my left foot, and last of the Mohicans.

I guess I'd go with there will be blood. I didn't find it amazing but it was good.

My personal favorite is in the name of the father, but his best performance is there will be blood. The range he shows from when the accident happens to his son, to then abandoning him on the train, then telling the church what he has done was great acting. Then by the end of the movie, he’s become one of the most despicable characters ever put on screen. It was brilliant.

Movie i guess i'll go with mohicans, but i missed many from him

Role his most memorable to me is Bill the Butcher from Gangs of New York

How does someone who's so good at diving into a character make such mid level movies? I mean look at that list, it's like a couple of good movies, a bunch of "no one cares about that" movies, and a few "put me to sleep" movies.

If you bought that collection for someone for Christmas, it would be the least used movie collection in history. Even a Whoopi Goldberg collection would get waaaay more action.

How does someone who's so good at diving into a character make such mid level movies? I mean look at that list, it's like a couple of good movies, a bunch of "no one cares about that" movies, and a few "put me to sleep" movies.

If you bought that collection for someone for Christmas, it would be the least used movie collection in history. Even a Whoopi Goldberg collection would get waaaay more action.

It's a great question, he doesn't have the strong filmography of a Robert De Niro or an Al Pacino.

He also turned down so many movies, so he's very selective. That's probably why we haven't seen him in more epic films. I would've loved to seen him in The Lord of the Rings, Interview With The Vampire, Philadelphia and Pulp Fiction which he actually pursued that part but didn't get it.

What films that he could have done that you think he would've been great at? Other films that I didn't mention.

I think he chose roles that interested him as an actor and regarded very little for whether it'd be a good/fun movie to watch. I think that's why very few of his movies are box office hits even though critics always point to him as one of the goats.

My Left Foot hands down.

Out of all the movies he’s done, it’s the one I was initially least interested in watching but loved the most.

It's a great question, he doesn't have the strong filmography of a Robert De Niro or an Al Pacino.

He also turned down so many movies, so he's very selective. That's probably why we haven't seen him in more epic films. I would've loved to seen him in The Lord of the Rings, Interview With The Vampire, Philadelphia and Pulp Fiction which he actually pursued that part but didn't get it.

What films that he could have done that you think he would've been great at? Other films that I didn't mention.
He doesn't have a filmography that compares to any of the greats (even just good actors) when you think of it. Tom Hanks, Denzel, Mel Gibson, Leo, Edward Norton, Bale, Cruise, Crowe... pretty much every other half decent actor smokes him when it comes to the final product of their filmography.

His movies don't bring in box office draw, no cult classic status, no pop culture status, very very little rewatchability, almost no memorable quotes. The only thing he excels in is putting on a very talented performance. Which is great, but it's not the only thing that makes a great movie.

So I don't know, is he just a brilliant actor with terrible decision making abilities?? Does he simply not care about making badass movies?

Also, one thing about him that I think is a negative (while also being a true ability), is that the dude is a chameleon. But he's ALWAYS a chameleon. Meaning every single role, he changes his looks, his mannuerisms, his voice, he's always heavily costumed. It's to the point that I'm not sure I even know what the actual DDL looks like. It's almost as if he can't do a movie as his regular look, either because he doesn't like to, or even worse, producers don't actually like his regular look haha.

Of course there are other very successful chameleons, Gary Oldman comes to mind immediately, who I would actually compare DDL to when it comes to style and type of actor. But Gary Oldman can smash a role in costume, and just as himself. And his filmography is MILES ahead of DDL as far as awesome movies.

I don't know, I know I sound like a hater. But the dude just isn't up there on my list of great actors. I know his skill is next level, I get it. But isnt the whole point of becoming a great actor, to make great movies? Awesome movies, badass, funny, amazing, heartfelt, awe inspiring, rewatchable, highly entertaining, wholesome, inspirational... pick your adjective. He can be the "most brilliant actor of all time", but if his movies are all whatever at best, I'm always gonna favor a "lesser" actor who puts out awesome movies instead. Give me Bruce Willis over DDL any day.

The real question here is who would win in a fight, Magua with knife and hatchet or Daniel Plainview with a bowling pin and milkshake if both are drunk off their asses on firewater?

2b7.gif

LDPeDhA.gif
If both are sober I will go with Magua but if both are drunk than I'll go with Plainview

Back