Social Who Here Has The Guts To Post Their Pic?

I like to listen to pretty much everything if it's good, but naturally I lean towards stuff that's close to my range when I'm singing in the shower or whatever. When I was a kid I had a good ear and I could sing back to you anything you could play--when the choir director was teaching us a new song I would just listen to him play it once on the piano and then I was good to go.

Unfortunately, once my voice changed I stopped singing and took up smoking. I sing like Ian Anderson after his throat issue on a bad day. On a good day I'm pretty decent.

I don't mind trying my hand at this in the shower,

but never in public lol

But I digress. Because of the aforementioned good ear and weird mimicry ability, I have a thing for learning entire musicals* from beginning to end, e.g. Jesus Christ Superstar, Rocky Horror, or concept albums like Thick as a Brick**, most of Pink Floyd's stuff but especially Wish You Were Here (what little there is of lyrics in it, so yeah, I won't be trying out for People Other Than Americans Got Talent" anytime soon but I have a lot of fun with it in private.

*when I was little, I watched the Sound of Music one winter, then the next winter when it came on again I realized I knew all the songs still, at least in large part. By the end of the second viewing they were all down pat.

**big fan of Jethro Tull and Pink Floyd since forever

I always loved Pink Floyd even when I was really young.
The first album I ever heard was Relics, when Syd was still singing with them, I can say I still have a soft spot for that album tbh.
This was the first song I ever heard from them, and it still makes me feel very similar to when I first heard it.

Obviously after hearing this I was open to the whole world, and all their music hits me almost the same way...from Animals, to The Wall, Wish you were hear etc.

I didn't hear Jethro Tull until my mid teens, and Ian playing the flute obviously caught me, but that band itself is tremendous tbh.

Never been much of a singer myself, but I found other talents I guess... or maybe they found me, not which happened.
I always say, "I'm just a man trying to navigate the world around me", but often feel the world is navigating me (If that makes sense).

As for music I listen to everything from Opera (Maria Callas being my favorite), to Pantera, from Pantera to Miles Davis, from Miles to blues... Love me some Bjork too especially her Debut album.
50s rock to classical music and everything in between (and so far outside of the box I don't know what to call it).
I always say if it moves me then it was meant to be.

Rocky Horror is truly amazing in its own right, I always loved Tim Curry in that.
Unfortunately I have never seen a live performance of it.
I seen Jesus Christ Superstar on stage and that was pretty awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Sorry for the rant Mr Capp, thanks for letting me in a little, I appreciate that sir.

Cool seeing you sir, much love brother.

c8b43fa94748ea5445b794ba933bf506.jpg

<{1-7}>

I always loved Pink Floyd even when I was really young.
The first album I ever heard was Relics, when Syd was still singing with them, I can say I still have a soft spot for that album tbh.
This was the first song I ever heard from them, and it still makes me feel very similar to when I first heard it.

Obviously after hearing this I was open to the whole world, and all their music hits me almost the same way...from Animals, to The Wall, Wish you were hear etc.

I didn't hear Jethro Tull until my mid teens, and Ian playing the flute obviously caught me, but that band itself is tremendous tbh.

Never been much of a singer myself, but I found other talents I guess... or maybe they found me, not which happened.
I always say, "I'm just a man trying to navigate the world around me", but often feel the world is navigating me (If that makes sense).

As for music I listen to everything from Opera (Maria Callas being my favorite), to Pantera, from Pantera to Miles Davis, from Miles to blues... Love me some Bjork too especially her Debut album.
50s rock to classical music and everything in between (and so far outside of the box I don't know what to call it).
I always say if it moves me then it was meant to be.

Rocky Horror is truly amazing in its own right, I always loved Tim Curry in that.
Unfortunately I have never seen a live performance of it.
I seen Jesus Christ Superstar on stage and that was pretty awesome, I thoroughly enjoyed that.

Sorry for the rant Mr Capp, thanks for letting me in a little, I appreciate that sir.

Always a pleasure to talk about myself and the things I like lol

But seriously,
Re: "I always say if it moves me then it was meant to be." I see this as equivalent to my "I like anything as long as it's good." That sounds silly when I read it back but it's true. No matter how familiar or unfamiliar I may be with any given music genre, I can pick out the good from the bad pretty well. If I like it, it's probably among the better contributions to the genre, and if not, it may still be considered good but it's less likely.

I used to say I liked everything except country, then found it wasn't that I didn't like country, but that it was hard to find any that's good. I mean, look at Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, and Patsy Cline and compare that to what is out today.

From the "what's the least manly music you like", thread I posted this,

and I used to get a kick out of putting on headphones and cranking this up,

Since this is all way off topic, here's a pic, though it may be a repost.
vKfKOPX.jpg

My friend, on the right in this photo, died 1 year ago this month.

Last edited:
Always a pleasure to talk about myself and the things I like lol

But seriously,
Re: "I always say if it moves me then it was meant to be." I see this as equivalent to my "I like anything as long as it's good." That sounds silly when I read it back but it's true. No matter how familiar or unfamiliar I may be with any given music genre, I can pick out the good from the bad pretty well. If I like it, it's probably among the better contributions to the genre, and if not, it may still be considered good but it's less likely.

I used to say I liked everything except country, then found it wasn't that I didn't like country, but that it was hard to find any that's good. I mean, look at Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, and Patsy Cline and compare that to what is out today.

From the "what's the least manly music you like", thread I posted this,

and I used to get a kick out of putting on headphones and cranking this up,

Since this is all way off topic, here's a pic, though it may be a repost.
vKfKOPX.jpg

My friend, on the right in this photo, died 1 year ago this month.

I find old country is better tbh.
Ray Charles has an amazing country album, you should check it out.

Dolly can sing her ass off, I can't deny that.

What do you think of this?

R.I.P to your friend/brother sir.

I find old country is better tbh.
Ray Charles has an amazing country album, you should check it out.

Dolly can sing her ass off, I can't deny that.

What do you think of this?

R.I.P to your friend/brother sir.

Thanks.

That young man appears to have a bright future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back