Who is higher on the GOAT list? Izzy or Pereira?

Izzy or Alex? Who is higher on GOAT list?

• Izzy

• Alex

Results are only viewable after voting.
I believe it's undeniable that Alex operates on a different level. This conversation extends beyond tallying victories and championship defenses.

if you are comparing their professional careers, its Alex and there isnt much of a question. Double Glory and Double UFC Champ. Its a pretty huge feat.
in the UFC tho, Izzy for a much bigger record, defenses, etc. No one can have everything.

Izzy
Alex got the Brock Lesnar treatment to his title wins.

Im going to end THIS quickly.... as in right now...

Izzy is the Second Greatest middle weight
OF ALL TIME .....
Alex isnt top 5 in neither 205 or 185............
nuff said

upload_2023-11-12_0-45-7.jpeg

Last edited:
Izzy has more wins and title defenses but Alex has wins over Strickland and Jan, both of whom beat Izzy. He also beat Izzy himself and is a two division champ now. I gotta say Alex but wouldn't argue if you say Izzy.

Alex easily

- izzy failed at LHW and Glory
- Alex is double champ in glory and ufc.
- Izzy is just a ufc mw champ.
- the series is 3-1
- Alex has defeated 4 ufc champs (izzy, strickland, jan, jiri)
- Izzy has defeated 3 (whittaker, pereira, silva) -- and silva was way out of prime.
- Izzy lost to Jan and Strickland, Alex beat them both.

Hard to answer, Izzy had more fights and defenses, but freaking Poatan seems to be methodically going after objectives and milestones Izzy couldnt achieve. It's almost bullying at this point.

Alex for sure, better at kickboxing, better at mma, also 3-1 in their direct confrontations.

Neither should be in GOAT talks at the moment. People jump to the conclusion way to quickly.
tenor.gif

Izzy had too many snoozers where he won on strikes and leg kicking and running away. No one is ever rewatching those fights.
Alex.

Um, Alex because he was also more accomplished in kickboxing than Israel, on top of beating Israel in it too.

Pereira is obviously the better fighter, with the more exciting fights, and he has accomplished more than Adesanya, in less time and fights. He's now a double-champ (something Adesanya failed at).... and he beat Stickland and Jan, who both outstruck Jizzy.

And as far as we know, he prefers women to dogs and doesn't jack off to cartoons. I know that kind of sick shit appeals to millenials (because they're weird), but in my book, as a gen X old fart, that's a big advantage...

If this is an MMA list then Adesanya... by a mile. I get it... Alex is a great striker but WE all know why he got fast tracked to the titles. He made the most of it. But winning titles and not defending them in MMA do not put you in the same tier as fighters who've defended their belts in their division. If that's the case you could have Khamzat in the MMA GOAT list because there was a time he could have beaten Edwards and Izzy on the same night.

If this is a Kickboxing list then Pereira.

Pereira all day come on. Adesanya lost to all the guys Alex beat. Plus Alex took the belt from Adesanya.

The second belt confirms it.

Adesanya run at middleweight was a time when it was not that great of a division.

Alex easily

- izzy failed at LHW and Glory
- Alex is double champ in glory and ufc.
- Izzy is just a ufc mw champ.
- the series is 3-1
- Alex has defeated 4 ufc champs (izzy, strickland, jan, jiri)
- Izzy has defeated 3 (whittaker, pereira, silva) -- and silva was way out of prime.
- Izzy lost to Jan and Strickland, Alex beat them both.
Can't argue with that logic at all. makes too much sense.

Back