Who is higher on the GOAT list? Izzy or Pereira?

Izzy or Alex? Who is higher on GOAT list?

• Izzy

• Alex

Results are only viewable after voting.
i dont know how people can use izzy's defenses as evidence

whittaker, cannonier, vettori, old silva, and costa??? really? beating those guys elevates your goat status? going up and beating Jan and Jiri completely erases that.

Thought your one of those title defenses mean the most people.

Woodley has 4 and Hughes has 5 (against much shittier competition).
lmao bj penn & gsp = much shittier competition. working with a genius here.

lmao bj penn & gsp = much shittier competition. working with a genius here.

He beat a green GSP. You give McGregor credit for beating a FW GOAT with his Max win?

He beat a version of GSP that Matt Serra could beat. Also Penn was a good 155, he was never good at 170.

He beat a green GSP. You give McGregor credit for beating a FW GOAT with his Max win?

He beat a version of GSP that Matt Serra could beat. Also Penn was a good 155, he was never good at 170.
<{anton}>

Izzy does for now. But Alex could definitely pass him quickly if he gets a couple of defense's at LHW.

And this is coming from someone who hates Izzy and is literally wearing an Alex Pereira tshirt.
You say that as if it makes your statement stronger.

Pereira isn't anywhere close to Izzy

If you take hate out of it, it’s izzy and it’s not close. Alex needs to defend his belt a couple times

Izzy got outclassed by Strickland of all people, Alex KO’s Izzy again.

Pereira hasn't defended yet and people are putting him over Izzy already?

People were clowning on McGregor for having two belts but not defending. This is like putting McGregor over Aldo after beating Alvarez.
Imo it would be more like him having 3 wins over Aldo and then beating Alvarez but in a grand total of 11 MMA fights. Conor was 9-2 after 11 fights with his toughest opponent being Joseph Duffy... It's unheard of what Poatan has done, closer but still nothing like Brock Lesnar after beating Shane Carwin imo.

You say that as if it makes your statement stronger.

Pereira isn't anywhere close to Izzy
Eh, maybe him passing him in "a few" was too early, but he definitely has a chance to pass Izzy if he keeps building on his already excellent resume.

I think we are in agreement? Izzy is ahead by a decent chunk for now. But his losses and failure to go up in weight do mean Pereira has a shot to pass him if he keeps doing what he's doing for a while longer.

Imo it would be more like him having 3 wins over Aldo and then beating Alvarez but in a grand total of 11 MMA fights. Conor was 9-2 after 11 fights with his toughest opponent being Joseph Duffy... It's unheard of what Poatan has done, closer but still nothing like Brock Lesnar after beating Shane Carwin imo.

Why are you factoring in kickboxing fights in a question of who has the better MMA resume...?

They’re both frauds but I hate Alex more , izzy is just annoying to me

Why are you factoring in kickboxing fights in a question of who has the better MMA resume...?
I'm not really talking Resume's, I'm saying why I believe it's quite substantially different to what Conor achieved at that point in his career. - If I were talking Resumes I would say Adesanya has the better MMA resume, but I don't believe resumes are the be all and end all of GOAT conversations, obviously a huge factor though. For example I believe Stipe has a better resume than Fedor, but don't hold him above in GOAT rankings.

In terms of the Kickboxing being relevant I believe the striking is what matters most between these two, MMA rules I don't believe played a huge part in how these two wanted to fight each other, granted there was a bit of grappling in one of the fights but I'd be shocked if either really expected or wanted to do anything but strike with each other.

Last edited:
Eh, maybe him passing him in "a few" was too early, but he definitely has a chance to pass Izzy if he keeps building on his already excellent resume.

I think we are in agreement? Izzy is ahead by a decent chunk for now. But his losses and failure to go up in weight do mean Pereira has a shot to pass him if he keeps doing what he's doing for a while longer.
Eh Pereira is already too old imo. I don't think he'll make it past one title defense if he even gets that

Alex will be celebrated as a double champ in the UFC and Glory while Izzy will be in some dog kennel talking about how he had a win over that guy once, while trying to get some fiddle going.

Back