Who would you have wanted Jones to fight during 1st reign?

Who took down who multiple times again?

Late in the fight when Cormier was gassed and trying to take Jones down himself in the clinch, not the same at all as getting Rumble down.

I mean I wouldnt rule it out certainly but I don't think its some formality, Rumbles takedown defence is actually pretty good, its more that it folds when on his back.

I feel like Jones tossing Shogun around gets him rather too much hype as a wrestler, didnt do that to most of the elite guys he faced afterwards.

It sure does if you're talking about the GOAT discussion. The "they're all on something" is nothing more than a lazy excuse for a blatant cheater.

Yes. But this isn't a GOAT discussion.

Jones took DC down in the first round.

Trip from a caught kick I believe but again really that fight is Jones shutting down Cormier who is pushing forward hard leaving himself open to potential takedowns and tiring latter in the fight.

Opponents who tried to avoid the takedown against Jones and keep their distance really he does not have a record of taking them down easily, Rashad, Rampage, Gus, Machida, Santos, Reyes, etc.

Rumble isnt that easy to get down, Cormier had to work hard to do it in the clinch both times and I don't think Jones can automatically recreate that just because he was able to stuff it himself. I think its likely if the fight went long he'd probably get Rumble down at some point and/or win via cardio but I could see him having trouble for 2-3 rounds exchanging with someone who had hurt him from long range.

Last edited:
If one fighter wants a fight, Dana wasn’t at all complaining about the fight and of course the fans wanted the fight there’s a word for not taking it. Perhaps two words. Smart or ducking. You take your pick. Only one group of people pushed for Jones vs Silva and it wasn’t the fighters nor management. It was sherdog
Fighters have no obligation to fight anyone except for Champions. They are obliged to fight the #1 contender. GSP can’t duck Anderson as he is a MW/LHW. If you think GSP ducked Anderson then I assume you think Anderson Ducked Jones. Has to apply to neither or both.

I would have liked to see him fight DC without the sauce.
Wasn't DC also on the sauce? Something about 45x above the testosterone medium. Not sure, could've only been 5x. Or 50. Or 560 depending on what is considered normal.

First reign Jones would make Rumble quit. Has Jon ever even been rocked?

I know you said only LHW's but Cain would have been the best fight UFC could make.
Cain was flabby at ~240lbs.
Could've made LHW easily. Overeem was a LHW. JDS could've done eventually cut down. He weighed at 236 at one point iirc

Fighters have no obligation to fight anyone except for Champions. They are obliged to fight the #1 contender. GSP can’t duck Anderson as he is a MW/LHW. If you think GSP ducked Anderson then I assume you think Anderson Ducked Jones. Has to apply to neither or both.
How the hell could Anderson have ducked Jones when JONES DIDNT WANT TO FIGHT ANDERSON. Also THE UFC DIDNT WANT THE FIGHT? How could this have happened when nobody wanted the fight but a few whispers on sherdog lol? As far as GSP every last party but GSP wanted the fight. This is one of the worst false equivalencies to cape for a fighter I have seen

How the hell could Anderson have ducked Jones when JONES DIDNT WANT TO FIGHT ANDERSON. Also THE UFC DIDNT WANT THE FIGHT? How could this have happened when nobody wanted the fight but a few whispers on sherdog lol? As far as GSP every last party but GSP wanted the fight. This is one of the worst false equivalencies to cape for a fighter I have seen
Ducking = not wanting the fight. Are you obtuse?

You do know that is the fight Jones got suspended for and DC stepped in and fought Rumble, right? It did not happen, because, Jon hit and run from car accident in a rental car. That fight was scheduled, booked and promoted bro.
Jon doing anything to avoid Rumble confirmed

Ducking = not wanting the fight. Are you obtuse?
No but you must suffer from some mental disorder to compare a fight EVERYONE wanted with the exception of GSP to a fight nobody wanted including the two fighters but sherdog. GSP confirmed his pathetic duck by moving up when the the coast was clear to fight a one eyed man. Obtuse that you false equator

No but you must suffer from some mental disorder to compare a fight EVERYONE wanted with the exception of GSP to a fight nobody wanted including the two fighters but sherdog. GSP confirmed his pathetic duck by moving up when the the coast was clear to fight a one eyed man. Obtuse that you false equator
Anderson wanting to fight the smaller guy is chicken shit. He didn't want to fight Jon, not because they were friends. It was because they both know they would rather be the champions in their own divisions. Anderson wanted the fight vs GSP because he wasn't anything close to the draw GSP was. Sonnen saved Silva from financial nothingness.

You are obtuse since you can't seem to comprehend how Anderson not wanting a fight vs Jon is = GSP not wanting to fight Anderson. Yet you think Anderson not fighting Jon is fine but somehow GSP is ducking. Its the exact same fucking thing you Shertard.

Anderson wanting to fight the smaller guy is chicken shit. He didn't want to fight Jon, not because they were friends. It was because they both know they would rather be the champions in their own divisions. Anderson wanted the fight vs GSP because he wasn't anything close to the draw GSP was. Sonnen saved Silva from financial nothingness.

You are obtuse since you can't seem to comprehend how Anderson not wanting a fight vs Jon is = GSP not wanting to fight Anderson. Yet you think Anderson not fighting Jon is fine but somehow GSP is ducking. Its the exact same fucking thing you Shertard.
Dude you just lied on Anderson and on that note peace. Jones admitted he would never fight Anderson because they were friends but somehow Anderson lied. If GSP was the smaller fighter and shouldn’t be judged for not moving up then his fight when he moved up to fight a one eyed man shouldn’t be judged a win.

Dude you just lied on Anderson and on that note peace. Jones admitted he would never fight Anderson because they were friends but somehow Anderson lied. If GSP was the smaller fighter and shouldn’t be judged for not moving up then his fight when he moved up to fight a one eyed man shouldn’t be judged a win.
WTF does that mean? I lied on Anderson???? Speak english. How the Fuck is Anderson and Jones friends? GSP beating a one eyed Bisping is a win since that same one eyed Bisping beat Anderson even after that cheap shot knee. Yes it was legal but it was also a cheap shot.

Champions of a division Move Up to seek a challenge. Anderson sought money since he wasn't a draw and GSP was. Jon and Anderson were "Friends" since they didn't want to lose to each other. Anderson's actual friend Lyoto was choked out cold by Jon Dec 2011. Anderson defeated Yushin Okami Aug 2011 and had cleaned out the MW division. Perfect time to go after LHW since Lyoto who was always the reason Anderson said he wouldn't go to LHW and Anderson was the reason Lyoto didn't want to go to MW. Anderson DUCKED Jon Jones. Claiming they were friends was exactly the phrase proving he DUCKED. Unless he has no obligation to move up which would mean GSP didn't duck. Can't duck anyone who isn't the #1 challenger for your title. Sorry Shertard but you can't have it both ways.

Anderson was a former WW champ. He actually competed at WW the very same year he became UFC MW champ.
So he already moved up a weightclass when he became MW champ, weighting around 190lbs

Can you imagine GSP competing at LW until his 30s? Me neither. But regardless of imagination, it didnt happen, unlike Silva at WW.

There are about 10-15lbs of difference between what you call "the exact fukn thing"

Rumble of course.
He got starched by DC twice but knocked him down in the first fight and broke his nose the second time they fought.
There is a big chance that he would have hurt Jon so that alone makes it more interesting than any other fight.

Cain would have been interesting too, other than that he probably beats JDS, Big Foot, Werdum, Hunt ...
Ubereem (Brett Rogers' Ubereem) brushes his teeth with Jon's bones tho.

Back