Who would you have wanted Jones to fight during 1st reign?

Davis gets outpointed in a super boring fight.
Rumble would have been a great fight for at least 10 minutes. He had the best chance at beating jones. Good style matchup for him.

Silva was on a 4 fight winless streak when he fought dc. Also jones was interim at the time at ufc 200, so seems like you forgot I said first reign.
Wtf are you on about? I didn’t say Anything about later on. Anderson beat Bonnar at UFC 153. They were both champs at the same time. No reason they couldn’t have fought

First reign Jones would just grapple Rumble to victory. Jon's never been rocked and Rumble has a tendency to mentally break. First reign Jones could have probably beat a lot of HW's.

1. Wrestlers presented zero trouble for Jones. He easily beat many wrestlers (DC twice, Glover, Chael, Rashad, Bader, Matyushenko, and O'Brien). His style was tailor-made to beat wrestlers. The fact that Gus surprised him with exactly one takedown in two fights, where Jones literally stood up 10 seconds later, doesn't change the analysis. It seems like you're creating an analysis to support your conclusion, rather than creating a conclusion based on analysis.

2. Yes, Jones had a war with Gus, whereas Davis easily outgrappled Gus. But Gus was a completely different fighter then, which I'm sure you know. He had a gaping hole in his wrestling game, which is why he then became training partners with Davis.

3. Jones had trouble with long, rangy strikers. Davis wasn't a striker. I'm unclear as to how you think Davis would use his reach against Jones when Davis' boxing was nonexistent and he had no power in his hands.
I see Davis' range as important. Is he a great boxer? No but he is very good at MMA. Gus isn't a great wrestler so how was he able to get a TD on Jon? The threat of his striking. Davis' reach takes away one of Jon's biggest weapons in his reach.

Silva was on a 4 fight winless streak when he fought dc. Also jones was interim at the time at ufc 200, so seems like you forgot I said first reign.
WTF are you on about? You claimed Silva didn't fight at LHW after 2009. He also fought Bonnar in 2012. During Jon's first reign was from 2011-2015. Both He and Silva were champions during that time. Anderson vs Jon would have been a great fight but you wanted it eliminated from the options and I asked why? Or actually Why not?

What's the point of the question if you cant include MW or HWs? He fought all the best guys at 205 already.

I don't even understand what is going on here. someone wants to know what people would like if there was a hypothetical alternate reality and the question about that is centered around Jon Jones fighting? lol

WTF are you on about? You claimed Silva didn't fight at LHW after 2009. He also fought Bonnar in 2012. During Jon's first reign was from 2011-2015. Both He and Silva were champions during that time. Anderson vs Jon would have been a great fight but you wanted it eliminated from the options and I asked why? Or actually Why not?
Because it's my post and I wanted to see who guys wanted to see jon fight which RANKED light heavy. I don't want to include silva because then everyones gonna say silva (I also wanted him to fight silva the most). Maybe you should chill off of sherdog for a bit I know you haven't left it since 2009.

Because it's my post and I wanted to see who guys wanted to see jon fight which RANKED light heavy. I don't want to include silva because then everyones gonna say silva (I also wanted him to fight silva the most). Maybe you should chill off of sherdog for a bit I know you haven't left it since 2009.
I have also never created an alt. account. Also this would be much more valid were it your first response and not a last ditch after every argument you made was invalidated with logic.

I have also never created an alt. account. Also this would be much more valid were it your first response and not a last ditch after every argument you made was invalidated with logic.
Wdym alternate account??? Bro I wasn't making an arguement I wanted to talk about jon jones. You just wanted to start arguing because you wanted it to feel like you have a wife.

I can see where you are going but Silva wanted no parts of Jones and Jones flat out said he admired and would not fight Silva.It wasn’t an option ever. Can we keep it fights that could have happened but didn’t and not include a fight neither fighter wanted?

Maybe on paper. In reality the size difference would have been huge.

DC v Lesnar seemed to make more sense.
Size difference isn't the end all be all. Cain didn't have any problems beating Brock. First reign Jon could beat him too.

Back