Who's excited for new Slipknot tomorrow?

Good god you continue to put your stupidity on your sleeve. This isn't about your fucking opinion, it's about the chip on your shoulder while giving your diatribes about the band. It's beyond opinion. You're brain is wired incorrectly and you can't control yourself hence the farcical attempts at defending yourself and your "opinion".

tenor.gif

Get outta my head 'cause I don't need this, why didn't I see this?
But I'm a victim, Manchurian candidate
I have sinned by just
Making my mind up and taking your breath away

appropriate?...

Get outta my head 'cause I don't need this, why didn't I see this?
But I'm a victim, Manchurian candidate
I have sinned by just
Making my mind up and taking your breath away

appropriate?...
You're neither a victim or a Manchurian candidate

just a simple idiot

After a few listens now I'd have to say this is Slipknot's best album top to bottom. They did a lot of experimenting and Iowa has been topped IMO.

After a few listens now I'd have to say this is Slipknot's best album top to bottom. They did a lot of experimenting and Iowa has been topped IMO.

I didn't listen to it from front to back. Just randomly, but I'm pretty sure i have heard all the songs now. It's a solid 8/10 better than the Gray chapter, which is an album that i liked.

If I don't get to hear Solway Firth live I'm gonna be disappointed.

If I don't get to hear Solway Firth live I'm gonna be disappointed.
My friend was at the Utah show. It wasn't in the set list and apparently they don't play it yet because they haven't mastered it live.

Yo I think this is their best album since Iowa

Also u gotta be a real bitch to come into a thread of a band u don't like just to complain about them for pages

People still listen to Nu Metal ? That's a shame.

Seeing them in concert soon, so had to give this a listen. Not bad. Not really for me, but, it is serviceable. The last track is probably my favorite. Drumming is the biggest weakness on this one.

Seeing them in concert soon, so had to give this a listen. Not bad. Not really for me, but, it is serviceable. The last track is probably my favorite. Drumming is the biggest weakness on this one.
I actually think the drumming the best since Joey Jordison left.

BTW, they debuted Solway Firth last night. <5>

Last edited:
I actually think the drumming the best since Joey Jordison left.

BTW, they debuted Solway Firth last night. <5>
Please tell me this is not a joke? I'm gonna be fucking stoked if they play it on the 20th.

Posting this pic of Mick to link somewhere else

View attachment 626733
This is legit the first time I've seen Mick without sunglasses. And why does that look like Josh Brolin in a wig?

Haven't gotten around to listening to the new album yet. Maybe tonight.

As far as the Nu-Metal tag. I don't consider them Nu-Metal any more, but on the other hand I've noticed a small resurgence in that genre recently. Korn is doing well. Def Tones never really left. Limp Bizkit is killing live shows with the OG line up. Not sure of Static X counts, but the anniversary show is being well received with Edsel Dope masked up as Wayne.

It's like the 90's/00's all over again.

This is legit the first time I've seen Mick without sunglasses. And why does that look like Josh Brolin in a wig?

Haven't gotten around to listening to the new album yet. Maybe tonight.

As far as the Nu-Metal tag. I don't consider them Nu-Metal any more, but on the other hand I've noticed a small resurgence in that genre recently. Korn is doing well. Def Tones never really left. Limp Bizkit is killing live shows with the OG line up. Not sure of Static X counts, but the anniversary show is being well received with Edsel Dope masked up as Wayne.

It's like the 90's/00's all over again.

This video shows Mick without glasses. There aren't many times he's seen without his sun glasses on.

@4:10

The other guy is Phil Demmel formerly of Machine Head. I'd say slipknot is still Nu- metal and its is alive and well here in 2019. :D

The Static X thing is a bit weird but hey if it is being received well what can i say!

Last edited:
This video shows Mick without glasses. There aren't many times he's seen without his sun glasses on.

@4:10

The other guy is Phil Demmel formerly of Machine Head. I'd say slipknot is still Nu- metal and its is alive and well here in 2019. :D

The Static X thing is a bit weird but hey if it is being received well what can i say!

Yeah, some fans are calling it a money grab, but the shows Static X are doing seem on point, and Edsel sounds just like Wayne. With the mask, hair, and the flashing lights you'd be hard pressed to not think it was him. My only gripe is that it seems Ken Jay is relying a little too much on drum tracks to help him out. Then again I was always a fan of Nick Oshiro. Either way, celebrating Wisconsin Death Trip's 20 year anniversary is going well. Like Limp Bizkit's shows, there is a fresh group of fans having fun at the shows, not just "old heads".

Last edited:
I was in 9th grade when their self titled debut came out and I despised it. Then again at that point I was listening to a lot of Thrash and Death Metal. I'm not a fan of Slipknot at all and find their gimmick tiresome.

Shit like this is what gives me a hard on

They put on a great show Monday night, the venue was sold out(15,274 capacity), and the band sounded great. Corey in particular sounded stronger than I had heard him in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back