Who's the best now?

It’s either Khabib or TripleC.
I agree. If Cejudo would have kept going, how he's developed his striking, I don't see how he would lose. He's a monster. but also, Khabib is pretty damn unbeatable also, he just doesnt have flashy KO's

Khabib and Jones

Even though Jones hasn't looked invicible lately, he's still invinced.

I agree. If Cejudo would have kept going, how he's developed his striking, I don't see how he would lose. He's a monster. but also, Khabib is pretty damn unbeatable also, he just doesnt have flashy KO's

Dana pi$$ing me off lately allowing Cejudo to retire and not making the Jon vs Francis fight.

cheap motherfu**ers” - Conor McGregor

How do you define currently though? Jones fought recently, and he's under contract, but he's just relinquished his title and said he's taking 2 yeas off. So is he active. Cejudo announced his retirement, but he fought a few weeks ago and he's talking in mixed messages, so is he current?

If Jones is on the list I think you have to give him the nod. If not I think Cejudo's last 4 wins against a string of all-timers in his division(s) should earn him the nod.

Otherwise I'd assume it's Khabib followed by Stylebender or Volk.

Khabib and cejudo. Stipe is right here too if he win the trilogy against DC.

How do you define currently though? Jones fought recently, and he's under contract, but he's just relinquished his title and said he's taking 2 yeas off. So is he active. Cejudo announced his retirement, but he fought a few weeks ago and he's talking in mixed messages, so is he current?

If Jones is on the list I think you have to give him the nod. If not I think Cejudo's last 4 wins against a string of all-timers in his division(s) should earn him the nod.
Jones fought recently, and he looked like dog shit, no one with his right mind would say he is the current best fighter in the world ...

Now if you talk about the past, yes Jones is the best fighter in the UFC still active.

Jones fought recently, and he looked like dog shit, no one with his right mind would say he is the current best fighter in the world ...

Now if you talk about the past, yes Jones is the best fighter in the UFC still active.

Because when we say best I'm assuming we are talking about who is best at winning fights. Jon wins every fight every time (barring a DQ) against the strongest schedule that any fighter on the roster has faced and he's still effectively doing it.

Even if you want to talk about best skills, Jon would be hard to argue against. He's beaten Shogun, Machida, Reyes, and Gus standing, he's put DC on his back beat Bader, Chael, and Rampage on the ground. I wouldn't say that about Khabib or Izzy.

I think Jones has lost a step in recent years, but I wouldn't bet on him losing a fight.

Back