Opinion Why are college educated people more liberal?

Brainwashed.

And they want someone else to pay their bills because they are still childish and don't know what work is.

because america is wealthy. liberalism tracks with wealth aswell. i think alot of modern day liberals were actually the religious zealots of days gone by, not all of course.

Last edited:
Because a college degree is now devalued to just a piece of paper with a line of debt attached to it and has nothing to do with knowledge.

That's not to say done people with degrees aren't smart, but degree=educated isn't what it used to be.

almost all advocates for unions, higher minimum wage, worker rights etc are on the left. Name one republican who has had the consistent pro workers rights message Sanders has had for decades (hint: you cant) The right is & always has been about lining pockets with corporate lobbying money with an absolute Darwinian mentality. You will find very little union support from the right..they consistently vote against rasing minimum wage.The idea that the right is the working mans party is simply absurd. The fact that anyone would even dispute this is even moreso laughable.

What you mean to say is that its the bigots party, which is something entirely different
I knew you were going to bring up unions and minimum wage next, litterly always the leftist talking point when talking about the working class.

Unions can hurt just as much as they help, and end up being corrupted by lobbying very often also. Complex topic but certainly not this obvious virtue struggle that you people frame it to be.

Raising the minimum wage to 15 dollers an hour would lead to job loss, would hurt low skilled workers even more, would raise the price on consumer goods and wouldn't even put a dent in poverty.

Its almost like context matters. This is exactly why your side has lost the blue collar workers, delusion.

I knew you were going to bring up unions and minimum wage next, litterly always the leftist talking point when talking about the working class.

Unions can hurt just as much as they help, and end up being corrupted by lobbying very often also. Complex topic but certainly not this obvious virtue struggle that you people frame it to be.

Raising the minimum wage to 15 dollers an hour would lead to job loss, would hurt low skilled workers even more, would raise the price on consumer goods and wouldn't even put a dent in poverty.

Its almost like context matters. This is exactly why your side has lost the blue collar workers, delusion.
I have family who were union stewards. You?

Please, enlighten us on how the party of Mitch Mcconnel has done more for the lower middle class than Clinton and Obama

btw- I hope dollers and litterly were typos (but if not we understand)

Last edited:
who wants to be liked more and will follow trend with woke. liberals what is college place where people go to be liked socialize and drink

Not so long ago college students had to learn Greek, Latin, and a third language to be considered educated. They did complex mathematics without a calculator.

their penmanship was superb and they could actually write papers.

non of these people would be liberal today

Many people in college today do not get any real education. They just get social indoctrination and told they are smart Bc they vote Democratic. Nobody is impressed with “polls” about the “educated”
I did 51 credits in one year and was on the deans list. I found that going to coke he slowed down my learning. It’s slow, pointless and really impersonal even in the higher level classes. Schools are old fashioned and are basically obsolete in regards to meeting their goals

Do you think it's due to liberal professors brainwashing students? Or that people with more knowledge tend to have more nuance and sympathy for others who are different from them?

Because there smarter than your average person.

So

Please, enlighten us on how the party of Mitch Mcconnel has done more for the lower middle class than Clinton and Obama

btw- I hope dollers and litterly were typos (but if not we understand)
If you go this route, you are appealing to power and being emotional. He could easily say your steward family profited directly from unions and did nothing for the regular members. Try a different angle, as you’re inviting people to rain down on you

btw- I hope dollers was a typo (but if not we understand)
Lol, knowing somebody in a union isn't the same as making a point about the union guy

And your now asking me to enlighten you? How about doing some kind of research instead of just towing the party line for once

It's a fascinating but unsurprising first page.

College exposes people to ideas and people they wouldn't otherwise encounter. This forces them to wrestle with how those new things fit into their old reality. Ultimately changing what they think the world is and should be comprised of.

But even that might be missing the truth. The younger generations are more liberal than the older ones. And the younger generations are more likely to go to college. It might be a simple coincidence without a causation effect. And that makes sense because the biggest ideological gap is between Republicans of the Millennial generation and Republicans of the Silent generation.
If you went to a liberal school and then a liberal college, how are you being exposed to new and uncomfortable things? Seems like straight up reinforcement going on at this point

Lol, knowing somebody in a union isn't the same as making a point about the union guy

And your now asking me to enlighten you? How about doing some kind of research instead of just towing the party line for once
You have nothing as the right has never been or never will be about the middle class

Also, what about "dollers" & "litterly"? Its concerning

What degree do you have?

you might be an engineer but you have also mentioned your respect for kavkaz culture, largely because of their brutal nature when they are fucked with.

why an educated liberal belgian respects this is beyond me.

you might be an engineer but you have also mentioned your respect for kavkaz culture, largely because of their brutal nature when they are fucked with.

why an educated liberal belgian respects this is beyond me.
You can take the man out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the man.

Last edited:
Back