Why do people trash Ngannou's striking?

This isnt boxing or kickboxing. Technicality rules the day in those sports but not as much in MMA. Its effectiveness is what counts more. Shit there are plenty of examples of super skilled strikers being KOd by grapplers. We have seen countless examples of more technical/skilled strikers getting beaten by 'lesser strikers' in MMA.

PyNyUW.gif

The fundamentals of boxing and kickboxing are different to MMA. The gloves, grappling, and cage change everything. Hes obviously not the best striker but hes definitely not bad.

PertinentOrdinaryAllosaurus-max-1mb.gif

He has good physical attributes and he uses it to his advantage, that is a skill in and of itself yet he gets no credit.There are plenty of fighters that fail at utilizing their attributes better- like Struve and distance management. Hell look at Jones who is universally considered one of the smartest fighters but imagine him with a Hearns like jab.

giphy.gif

Now the obvious reply I'm expecting is that sloppy shit he finished Rozenstruik with. I agree it is terrible technique and he only got away with it because hes effective. But its point in case: Effectiveness > skill in MMA due to those small gloves, cage, and grappling especially at HW.

LightheartedScrawnyAntelopegroundsquirrel-size_restricted.gif

He doesnr have to be in there looking like Cro Cop or Adesanya to do what does. Hes not a shit striker, hes effective and that's what matters.

That last gif shows him closing his eyes swinging wide ... Not good striking defense.

How are people criticizing him bull rushing one of the biggest power punchers in HW, walking him down against the cage and unloading wild haymakers on him until he looks dead?

you’ve gotten too far from your just bleed roots. Big Frank has been in the cage like. 4 min in his last 5. How can you complain?
I hope he literally kills stipe. He’d be the most exciting champ ever. Just bleed baby

Hell yeah, he did it again. Just bleed!!! The most dangerous man is champ in brutal fashion. The JBG has been appeased. Now it’s time for big Frankie to sacrifice the corpse of Jon Jones. Are you ready sherdog? There’s a new alpha in town

Bro lol read the thread, plenty of ppl were bashing it.

Most of sherdog acted like he was a bum striker

Look below this post too

Well they can bash it all they want, it's effective. It works. Just ask former K-1 Champ and elite striker overeem or Stipe who wanted to box Fury or Joshua.... I'm sure they'll attest to his bum striking, lol.

Well they can bash it all they want, it's effective. It works. Just ask former K-1 Champ and elite striker overeem or Stipe who wanted to box Fury or Joshua.... I'm sure they'll attest to his bum striking, lol.
Exactly, ppl here tend to overestimate pretty technique.

It's odd casuals outsmarted sherdog and MMA analysts on this one, generally when they overwhelmingly line up on one side and casuals on the other, they win against casuals in terms of betting.

Teddy Atlas an actual boxing expert praised Ngannou.

Cse its garbage i have been watching mma and boxing since i was 12 he is a brawler. I usually don't give mma strikers shit because its mma and there are differences but seriously his striking is not amazing his power is.

Cse its garbage i have been watching mma and boxing since i was 12 he is a brawler. I usually don't give mma strikers shit because its mma and there are differences but seriously his striking is not amazing his power is.
It takes mma specific skill and talent to deliver that power otherwise HW mma would be run by powerlifters.

You still need patience, timing and some degree of skill to land a solid shot against an elite level MMA fighter. He somehow sleeps guys over and over and over. Just raw power alone won't do it. The fact that you call his striking garbage tells you you must have lost some serious dough betting against him, or someone who resembled him screwed your girl back in the day.

You still need patience, timing and some degree of skill to land a solid shot against an elite level MMA fighter. He somehow sleeps guys over and over and over. Just raw power alone won't do it. The fact that you call his striking garbage tells you you must have lost some serious dough betting against him, or someone who resembled him screwed your girl back in the day.

No i dont but i have made money on stipe beating him last time i wouldnt bet on him this time because last fight he came in like this fight weighing close to 230 and hes nearing 40. I stand by my argument that his hands are not that good, powerful but not that great. IN fact if he fought volkov or lewis in pure standup i could see anyone of them beating eachother. Now if they all had gloves on i think volk would beat him 70 times out of 100.

Where the fuck these dipshits telling me his striking wouldn't work against Stipe?! Boxing technique is overrated!!! These dipshits just want to see your generic wrestle boxers.

Back