Why is Khamzat such a huge favorite over Paulo? (Update: Cashed out bet)

He shouldn't be that big of a favorite, but Costa hasn't shown anything since Adesanya ruined him so I understand where it's coming from.

Watch all of khamzats other fights. He literally got hit once in the other 5 fights. Once

It's a small sample size of actual decent fighters though. Pretty much Kevin Holland ( great performance ) no real top fighters certainly not at mw.

Watch all of khamzats other fights. He literally got hit once in the other 5 fights. Once
…Was that one time against Gilbert Burns? Because If so he dropped his ass bad with the one shot he got hit by. C’mon dude.

I would't consider 0-3 in UFC McKee and 1-5 Phillips as even decent opponents.
The other 3 are good.

On the other hand, Costa's only top win is old Yoel and that was a close fight.
He lost to Marvin on the feet, who is not a good striker.

Also, when he is not stupid, Chimaev can be quite good at keeping the distance and controlling his opponent with the jab.
Costa is just not such a good striker against technical fighters.
He has short reach and is unable to close the distance (Israel, Marvin)

What "like Khamzat"? He's starched everyone he's beaten except for Gilbert, and even then, he still won a convincing decision. People like to discredit that win because he got dropped, like Gilbert didn't do the same thing against Kamaru..

You either need to make a better point or clarify yourself better playboy.
Yeah it's weird, Khamzat was thrown into the deep end of the division and proved that he can hang, but because he faced some adversity people act like he isn't any good. Holland isn't some amazing win but the way Khamzat absolutely ran through him was pretty damn impressive in my opinion.

He's currently a -400 favorite

Paulo is big and proven at MW with good takedown defense/striking

Chimaev struggled against former 155lb Burns who got beat by Belal

Am I missing something?

no he didn't struggle, he took him down with easy.

kahmzhat was tired as hell against burns later in the fight and also ate a lot of unnecessary punches. if costa can make it past the first two, and then get kahmzhat to brawl, he has a 50-50 shot, only at that point. if kahmzhat wrestles right away and costa is not prepared, then it might be a short night.

The size difference will be huge, I'm curious to see how Khamzat will deal with this. Can't wait for the fight, crazy that Costa is being considered such a huge underdog

The main reason why the Burns fight was close in my opinion is because Khamzat was to confident, he believed his own hype too much. He thought he could just go in and kill anyone in the first round and he didn't respect Burns enough.
I think that close fight was the best thing that could happen to him. He realised that there are other great fighters that can hang with him.
He will not fck around with Costa on the feet for too long before shooting for takedowns.

I don't think the size will be that big of a deal when they square off, Khamzat is huge and will fill out nicely. I think he will run straight through Costa. Costa doesn't have the takedown defence to stop Khamzat and not the cardio to tire him out.

The odds are probably a bit wide at the moment, but since there are so many highrollers in this thread that is going to drop thousands on Costa I expect the line to tighten.

Its just the Khamzat euphoria
It ll be gone once he loses, else it will solidify (and rightly so) if he beats Costa without controversy

Except for against Burns, where he couldn't just bully his way to a takedown and keep the opponent down while hitting them, I have a hard time believing he will be able to do that against Costa.

The size difference will be huge, I'm curious to see how Khamzat will deal with this. Can't wait for the fight, crazy that Costa is being considered such a huge underdog

Size will not be a factor in this fight. There has been major misconception about size in this fight. Chimaev is a big dude and most people don't realize how big Chimaev actully is lmao. Dude is little bit shorter then Alexander fuking Gustaffson. <Lmaoo><45>

images

Once cage closes and they are close to each other most will go oh wow had no Idea Khamzat is actully this big.. No No it is because you are blind bro we told you to see but you refused.

If Costa was to win this fight it won't be based on size or strength but rather other paths such as trying to outbox Khamzat standing and using alot of footwork to keep jumping around the cage to avoiding getting into Chimaev's grip

Paulo is proven at MW but only 7 times in the UFC.

Chimaev faced Holland when he had 13 MW fights in the org, and Meerschaert had 11. Tell me who looked 3 times stronger?
Also, let's see how Aliskerov does against Imavov the same night (I'm predicting a W). Another big MW that couldn't take Chimaev's punches.

It's fine to believe in Paulo and to be impressed with how he looked vs Rockhold, but don't act like Chimaev headhunting Burns plays that big a part.

Back