Why is Moraes “Mini Natty Goat” an Underdog against “Dad Bod” Sandhagen?

That is.... surprising to say the least.

Just stuck a cool £40 on Magic

<{silvanormal}>

a 1 round fighter in a 5 round fight. We'll have to see, but we've seen it before

To be far to Sandhagen you chose a photo of him with bad lighting.

047_Cory_Sandhagen_x_Raphael_Assuncao.jpg

idk what bookies seeing here too. Maybe Marlon gasses and Sandhagen takes over and finishes? Marlon hasn't been active too. What can nullify those is how skinny and not durable Hagen's legs look, and marlon can compromise any cardio pushing gameplan with his great kicks.

What does that tell you..... and it opened up a rather robust - 165. EVERYONE has taken this line to almost a pk'em.
11/15 MMA junkie staffers took moraes at the +130. When this happens , they're hitting an unbelievable ( even if u tried) 12% when they have most of their people pick an underdog.
Hey- maybe a rare occurrence happens and they're right tonight. The fight has to be fought but I wouldn't bet moraes .I'm either leaving it alone or I'll bet Sandhagen now and lay a small number.

I'm curious to see what happens cause I thought the line would open in the pk'em range.

Unfortunately for Sandhagen, he’s up against the more powerful, more explosive, superior striker. Moraes is also a dangerous black belt so if they scramble on the ground it could end quickly for Sandhagen.

Going into a fight hoping that the other guy fades before he kicks your ass until you can’t continue isn’t the best possible place to be.

Yea, I bet on Magic Moraes
<5>
I think Moraes should be the favorite too!

That being said, i was surprised that Moraes' striking stats are actually quite bad on paper (especially compared to Sandhagen's):
20201010_143539.jpg (from Numbersmma on Instagram)

He absorbs more strikes than he lands, which is very rare for an elite striker, although the strikes that he does land are very effective and/or impactful it seems.

@fortheo you might be interested in this too

Vegas currently has Moraes as a more than 2 to 1 underdog against Sandhaegen. Marlon is by far the more accomplished fighter and has beaten the best of the best in his division with wins over Sterling, Rivera, Aldo, Assuncao(arguably twice). His only notable loss was against an all time great in Cejudo which he won the first round. Meanwhile Sandhagen’s best wins are past prime Assuncao(after moraes already beat him and currently on a 3 fight losing streak) and split decision over Lieneker.

Also Marlon is built like an action figure

1148482302.jpg.0-750x430.jpg

Sandhaegen looks like he’s never lifted a weight in his life which make sense considering he’s a 5’11 bantamweight

Cory-Sandhagen-UFC-FI-5.jpg

Bet the farm Sherbros
Being muscular is absolutely overrated.
A guy who's lean without unnecessary bulk like Sandhagen will naturally have significantly better cardio than someone with a physique like Moraes.

Another "But Fighter X has big muscles, so of course he'll win!" thread...Oh, Sherdog.

Jarl

2-1 dog(+200)? He was +115 last I saw, though i did catch him at +140

Thanks for info. I was not aware of these odds. I think Moraes destroys that skeleton's legs early and reders him useless.

Moraes is an absolute killer and Sandhagen is overrated.

I am going to see if I can cancel a part of my Khabib's wager because I put my whole account on Khabib, haha.

Marlon has looked pretty good, he beat Jose at his own game
Lol he lost that fight according to most people with eyes, he literally dropped to the floor and started crying because he couldn’t believe he won

The odds makers take this into account, official decision is one thing but judges help don’t increase his chances in his next outing

Machida was a pretty decent favourite in his first fight that he “won” against Shogun and the odds looked very different for the rematch

Back