Why is Tito Ortiz so disrespected these days??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly used to hate Tito. He was one of the best heels in the sport especially early on. He's really the 1st guy I remember getting big main stream exposure, moreso than the Gracie's from my memory. However I grew to appreciate the guy, he was the 1st guy to fight for fighter pay and stand up to Dana. While all the yes men that sucked Dana's dick are now struggling. I also find everything this he does to be hilarious. Wow a cage fighter with CTE says and does dumb things, shocking. Some of y'all act like Tito is Joe Son.

This is true but Ken Shamrock has been an juiced up A-Hole for many years.

Watch “Blood Brothers” and Frank Shamrick tells it like it is.

I hear you, but at the time a lot of what is known about Shamrock wasn’t out. I don’t know. I just have a hard time seeing a younger fighting trying to make a name off an aging pioneer of the sport. Agreed though, Shamrock was an asshole and I’ll look up Blood Brothers later.

Tito is a legend and has given us legendary moments in mma whether intentionally or unintentionally. But he gave them.

Honestly I think it’s a “what have you done for me lately” kind of thing. Most earlier fighters are disrespected now a days including BJ, Fedor, Tito, Shamrock, Frye, etc.

Sure, mma has evolved, but to say that those guys weren’t any good or were way overrated is not looking at things in context.

I think if push came to shove, even the "haters" would admit Tito is a legend inside the cage.

Outside the cage it seems to be a mix of ball-busting over something humorous about the guy (largely his tendency to mix up words and not making sense when speaking on the spot), and mean-spirited political reeeeeeing, which is probably unavoidable if you are famous and taking a political side in the modern day.

Tito was a Pioneer… for these reasons.

-Flaming Shorts

-Fought 3 straight undersized MWs to “defend” his LHW title from 2001-2003…

-Bleached blonde hair, no habla espanol BUT still walked to the ring with a Mexican flag.

-Tripled the circumference of his head over the course of his career YET never popped.

-Fought for the troops.

-Flaming Shorts

-Had a friend named Tiki

-Fought for the troops.

-Serraldo Babalu

-Diagnosed Equilibrium issues in deaf people.

Discuss.

Let me tell you how you’re feeling right now. There’s no doubt he is one of the greatest ufc champs, of the night.

Tito was great and helped bring the sport to a larger audience.

I think the main if not only reason he gets regarded as a dummy these days is-

tito.jpg

I hear you, but at the time a lot of what is known about Shamrock wasn’t out. I don’t know. I just have a hard time seeing a younger fighting trying to make a name off an aging pioneer of the sport. Agreed though, Shamrock was an asshole and I’ll look up Blood Brothers later.
The way Shamrock treated people even on his own team was just classless and I think there was a lot of envy on Ken’s part as Frank was evolving into a MUCH better fighter than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back