Will Sean O Malley be the biggest star in the UFC if he beats Aljo?

Mic work gotta be waaaay better to get to that level.
Yeah, he definitely botched an opportunity. Their faceoff was stupid because he and Sterling talked over each other, so you couldn’t even understand what either of them were saying.

Also, him trying to get his jacket back from Merab was pitiful, and reminded me of that press conference when Conor snatched Aldo‘s belt, and Aldo stood there helplessly protesting like a child who had just had a toy taken away by another kid.

O’Malley blew two potential star-making opportunities within the same interview, so to answer TS’s question, no.

No. Sean has already plateaued in terms of fame. People know him and have already developed their opinions.

He would actually have to beat Aljo to gain stock from it. They can't get away with another Paddy/Gordon, O'malley/Yan type of fix and expect everyone to be cool with it. It wasn't cool in those fights, it's even less so in a title fight. O'malley had to foul Petr Yan 10+ times just to keep it competitive and stay on his feet, which the commentary and ref deliberately ignored. Aljo would take him down and sub him.

That guy literally has a tattoo of a rainbow haired little 5'6 tubby snitch Mexican on his shoulder like he is his property. In an open relationship. And has rainbow hair himself. The more I think about it while typing this... he could be the biggest lol. This is what kids like these days right?

Israel Adesanya and Jon Jones will still be the biggest stars

Aljo completely wrestlefucks him. O Malley has a slim punchers chance.
O Malley had problems with Petr's grappling.
He is 5 years younger, that's why he wants more time.

In terms of who's a better fighter?
Obviously not.

In terms of who's a "bigger star" in 2023?

Eh...Social media followers have a direct correlation to monetizing NIL, which is pretty much based on "star" status.

I mean, it's subjective I suppose, but I think Sean is already "one of the biggest stars" in the UFC, in terms of pop culture crossover, without another win.

I am in no way advocating this in some type of imaginary meritocracy, I'm just trying to acknowledge reality, lol.
At the very least, 45% of insta accounts are duplicates or bots. So followers on those platforms do not equate potential revenue or draw.

I think so, not quite at Conor's level but definitely the biggest star after Conor.

Jon Jones and Izzy at least as well as Conor will be way more popular.

I think Leon is also more popular than people give him credit for because of the strong british fan base.

Huh? Why would the UFC push someone who isn't a star?
Because that's literally the job of the ufc PR department. To figure out ways to get people to root for who you want them to root for.

It depends how he beats him. IF he destroys him in the 1st round (which he won't). Then he will be a big star for sure.

O'Malley isn't famous because of winning or losing fights. His smooth brained fans will still be fans regardless, and the new fans he garners have little to do with MMA in the same way.

Back