Windy TG-5 16oz Initial Review

It's amazing the gems you sometimes come across in a sea of crap, isn't it? :icon_chee

I wouldn't know :(

It seems like my craigslist sea of crap is never ending. Think of the movie Waterworld...lol.

Went on Craigslist today with hope to find something like the Windy's. Good news? There was more than just Everlast. Bad news? It was a bunch of Pro Force gloves. I can't win.

Hope everybody had a great holiday yesterday. I had a good time with family. Enough of that.........onto a package I received.

I ordered these gloves from Fight Gear. They were on sale for 49.99. Given the brand name I dont see how I could go wrong. Im guessing Fight Gear is kind of a closeout site of some sorts for Combat Sports/Ringside. Here is a link:

http://www.fightgear.com/

The Fed Ex guy just dropped these off this morning. Very excited since these are my first pair of Windy gloves. Now this is only an initial review. I will be using these very soon.

I ordered these in 16oz as I do with all my gloves. Im a pretty big guy with some slight knuckle issues so the more padding the better. I originally wanted these in black but that color was sold out so my only 2 choices left were pink and red. Went with red.

Here are my impressions after unboxing:

Looks
--------
The gloves came out of the bag and the smell of leather hit me in the face. Such a sweet smell. Upon inspecting the gloves....everything looked perfect!!!! The stitching was even and tight. The leather was very smooth and flawless. The red color is vibrant.

Fit
----
Wrapped a hand and put it into the glove. Snug fit but not too snug like my Top Kings. Very comfortable pocket and thumb which is a plus. Making a fist is simple especially with the grip bar but opening the hand is tough. Of course they are brand spanking new....so some break in time is sure to alleviate this.

Wrist
--------
The wrist strap has what appears to be super velcro. Very solid and sturdy. While I had the glove on....I tried moving my wrist around....solid. I dont see me having any worries about wrist problems with these gloves.

Padding
----------
The padding seems very dense. These are labeled as sparring gloves but I think I will be using these strictly for bag and pad work. Maybe the padding softens up after awhile....we will have to see....but right out of the box...I myself wouldnt spar with these.

All in all I am very happy with my purchase. As I said...this is my first pair of Windy gloves. I am excited to bring these to the gym next week and give them a workout. I dont foresee any problems with them as Windy is a very respected company. The price was also the nail in the coffin for purchasing these.

Here are a few pics for you all to enjoy. Thanks for reading this. Comments are always welcome and appreciated:

Would you happen to know if the TG-5 or TG-30 are still available? I can't seem to find them anywhere

Back