WMMA haters reached a new level of stupid last night

don't ask

Special Secretary of Shitposting
@red
Reaction score
I couldn't believe the number of people shitposting in the PBP thread that Weili's fight was boring. It had one of the most dramatic sequences of events I've ever seen in a fight.

1. Weili smashes Yan and chokes her unconscious.

2. Yan wakes up at the end of the round and goes to her corner, where the commentators think they see the ref giving her illegal smelling salts to resuscitate her.

3. Weili smashes her again in the second round and people were speculating Yan may have been out again, from strikes. Yan wakes up and keeps fighting.

3. Third round, Weili is gassed and Yan takes over. What the fuck? This dominant champion, who may have beaten their opponent twice already tonight, might lose because of the craziest circumstances a fighter could find themselves in.

4. Weili digs deep and find her second wind, taking back the fight and attempting to finish Yan (again) right up until the final bell.

At no point was there laying and praying, or circling without action. This fight almost saw a dominant champion dethroned through the most ridiculous of circumstances, but the champ fought her way back to a dominant win. The story of this fight is objectively one of the craziest, most dramatic stories to ever play out in a fight. And people were complaining like there was no action, no sensational set of circumstances playing out, no incredible display of heart and determination on display... fucking ridiculous.

When you're so determined to hate WMMA that you can't say you're just not into it and have to pretend some completely different fight is happening right in front of your eyes... you've got a fucking problem with reality.

They were shitting on the fight before it happened, they can't let reality change their narrative.

Harrison v Holm was the only WMMA fight with the potential to be boring but man did Harrison deliver.

I'm a huge Kayla fan and even I was worried that she'd get bogged down in her debut, but, damn, she came out like a superstar bulldozer. I can't wait to see her fight again.

The fight was sloppy and almost absurd how gassed a champion was in the 3rd round. Not only that but throwing complete air punches like a mile away. Most championship level fighters would've finished Yan in the catatonic state she was in after the 1st.

It had moments of back and forth, but it felt like even the knockdowns weren't as deadly as other fights. I'm tired of pretending that if you took Weili's skills and put it in a male body that she'd be as unstoppable. Yan just happened to be even more 1 dimensional.

I'm not trying to hate wmma, but there is clearly a different level of skill compared to the men. The technical ability of the champ vs #1 contender was pretty low. JJ and Rose seem like more complete fighters skill wise.

It completely killed the entire mood in the place where I was at. They really need to stop stinking up these cards with that bullshit, almost nobody gives a fuck.
Well it happened after the craziest KO in UFC history so I get why people were crashing down, but anyone calling it a bad fight is mental.

Well it happened after the craziest KO in UFC history so I get why people were crashing down, but anyone calling it a bad fight is mental.

It's objectively a terrible fight. The rest of the card is filled with top 10 fighters and this fight has two chicks who would literally get DESTROYED by amateurs in the same weight class. It doesn't belong.

I do think this fight was evidence that Rose could come back and win her title back if she weren't stupid. Lol at having 2 wins against the champ and deciding to go fight in a division against bigger girls.
She doesn't like the weight cut anymore I guess

It's objectively a terrible fight. The rest of the card is filled with top 10 fighters and this fight has two chicks who would literally get DESTROYED by amateurs in the same weight class. It doesn't belong.
I don’t think the word "objectively" means what you think it means, because you're clearly not being objective at all. Or you just didn't watch it.

Objectively, the last round sucked, and left a bad impression on an otherwise good fight.

I don’t think the word "objectively" means what you think it means, because you're clearly not being objective at all. Or you just didn't watch it.

Objectively, the last round sucked, and left a bad impression on an otherwise good fight.

We're talking about girls that would get their shit kicked in by the number 5000 ranked guy in the world in their weight class.

That's objectively bad, terrible in fact.

Back