WMMA haters reached a new level of stupid last night

indeed, Yan made the fight entertaining, but it was low level as the "haters" have said.

it can be low level and entertaining, and I'm fine with that. I recall a clinch to takedown by zhang in the middle of the ring, that was essentially a push <lmao>

thankfully, a whole lot of dog in Yan, I'm a fan
Yeah it was entertaining for low skill, but also after the 2nd round I didn't feel like either had finishing power. Even in my head I was thinking if she makes it through this, it has decision all over it. Weirdly you never see lighter weight fighters gas as hard from a rnc attempt and strikes. It's hilarious to me hearing DC, a former Olympic wrestler, to pretend to be impressed by the skill of sloppy "takedowns". Even his old ass at HW had better gas tank and closed distance better.

I didn't watch them

I fall in this camp.

When WMMA fights come on I take a leg stretch. I completely support female athletes and sports, but WMMA does not interest me.

Since I didn't want to miss any of the other fights I had to check in on the two WMMA fights more than I typically would to see if it was nearly over.

The skill level and athleticism in WMMA is on par with regional MMA. Its really annoying I'm forced to subsidize it and I would prefer if the UFC ran full WMMA cards every 3rd month so fans of it could get a great event and people like myself can skip it.

Did sherdog shit on it while it happened? I wasnt interested on it before hand, im not invested on either of them as characters or their particulars of fighting, having said that, fight was great, WMMA or not, it was fun as it was competitive.

Did sherdog shit on it while it happened? I wasnt interested on it before hand, im not invested on either of them as characters or their particulars of fighting, having said that, fight was great, WMMA or not, it was fun as it was competitive.
Of course we shit on it. It was utter trash.

It ruined the momentum of the card. Imagine going from Geathje getting flatlined to Hill getting flatlined back to back?

It would have been legendary.

Sterlings fighting a real live dog who could KO him. That by default makes it better than any WMMA fight in history.

It's like going to the drag races watching some amazing races, only for them to bring out a couple honda civics to go at it. That's literally what WMMA is, especially on a card like 300.
that Sterling v Kattar fight actually happened and it was horrendous.

That fight was like a couple of '85 Pontiac Fieros with Ferrari kits in a desert race, that in reality, makes Holly Holm getting her ass beat must see TV

Good fight and Weili got screwed. That 100 percent should have been a 1st round sub

Yeah it was entertaining for low skill, but also after the 2nd round I didn't feel like either had finishing power. Even in my head I was thinking if she makes it through this, it has decision all over it. Weirdly you never see lighter weight fighters gas as hard from a rnc attempt and strikes. It's hilarious to me hearing DC, a former Olympic wrestler, to pretend to be impressed by the skill of sloppy "takedowns". Even his old ass at HW had better gas tank and closed distance better.
The fact that you think weili has low skill means you're either blind, in denial, or mentally handicapped.

Which is it?

Sterlings fighting a real live dog who could KO him. That by default makes it better than any WMMA fight in history.

It's like going to the drag races watching some amazing races, only for them to bring out a couple honda civics to go at it. That's literally what WMMA is, especially on a card like 300.
Wow you really are an idiot.

Dogs hit for brains over here probably thinks Derek vs ngannou is a better fight than jj vs zhang

First couple rounds were pretty good but the fight went to complete shit after that. Both seemed pretty gassed by that point and it just became a boring low level grindfest for the last few rounds.

The 30 BILLION social media impressions(?) in China about the Yan vs Weili fight & Dana's reaction to it during the press conference means the people wanting WMMA to go away are likely going to be disappointed.

The fight wasnt bad at all, but it wont ever be a fight I tell my friends they should check out.
I probably wouldnt watch it again either.

WMMA haters are fuckin bums.

It's fine if it's not your thing, but when you can't even admit that they do put on some really great fights, you're just a hating ass herb.

I mean, if you'd rather watch the Sterling v Kattar fight, over the performance that Weili and Yan delivered, just because they're men, I don't even know what to say to you, but you've got problems.

Both main card women's fights were leagues above Bo Nickal, 10th Wonder of the World. Deal with it!

If it ended like it should have, a first round domination with Yan getting choked literally unconscious at the end, it would have been awesome. As it turned out, meh, a decent match but not something to get excited over.

Back