Worst Case Scenario: Firearm Election Fallout

Target Sports had 115gr 9mm 500 for 299.99 this morning. Had 99 of those available and I put on in my cart for consideration. Paid of the remaining monthly bills this morning, checked reserve spending cash and popped back to Target Sports to make that purchase just now...all gone. I'm a dumbass for not making that purchase when I first had the chance. Got to get some surplus supply set aside. Let the wife burn through 150rds last weekend at the range from my current supply. She enjoyed herself so much it was worth it but don't want to do that too often if I'm not resupplying. We'll both end up on the dry fire train for an extended trip. lol

These panic buys are crazy, if Biden wins the madness is going to continue for another year.

I got 9mm, 223 covered my gripe is people buying up all the h4350, Varget, federal small rifle gold match, and CCI 450s. Reloading supplies have skyrocketed, local shops are upping their prices. Sucks, I am ignorant not to be more prepared, I lived through enough elections to know the drill and I failed this year!

In the past 2 weeks I grabbed:
PSA AK-V
PSA AK-74
PSA AK-GF3 (blem)
PSA AK-P w/FDE PB

Along with about 50 assorted mags, tons of misc parts, pistol braces, glock barrel/slide kits, folding triangle brace, 100rds of .50cal, red dot, and more.

Biden’s plan includes a stricter AWB with no grandfather clause (you either NFA it or participate in a mandatory buyback). So I guess my 6921 would end up lost at sea in an unfortunate boating accident.

I just don't believe a federal no grandfather clause is even remotely realistic. Every single blue state with strict gun laws lets people grandfather in their pre-ban semi-autos. If California, New York & Massachusetts don't have the political will to make thousands of their residents felons overnight- are the feds going to do that with millions? I really doubt it.

The big concern is just that, whatever you own before the law goes into effect, that's what you have for life. If your AR gets damaged, stolen, whatever- you're donezo. Pretty sobering.

Without an AR or AK I'd probably just switch to the 12 gauge shotgun, which is arguably better for home defense

Anyone who has (had to) register is generally fucked. At least that's how it will likely play out here in Canada. We'll see what happens on April 30, 2022.

That said, I think there are currently 6 pending court challenges and the contract for the confiscation/compensation scheme has been pulled, because no one bid on it. I'm kinda hopeful, but not really. While I'm not openly advocating breaking the law; civil disobedience may have to run its course.

Actually, what would likely happen is all those "grandfatherable" items will go on the NFA list and require a tax stamp just like current items on the list.

What's wrong bro ? You disagree with common sense laws that require you to pay 200 for every pmag and pay to get them engraved?
I do.

On the serious note the issue I take is it basically is an attempt to price people out of their own personal safety.

I don't have a ton of guns and don't buy a ton either but I would wager I'd have about $600 in tax stamps if all AR pattern rifles had to go on an NFA list and I COULD afford it.. but I really don't want to pay a tax to exercise a right.

I don't pay a tax to speak my mind as an example.

Wow. No bitter exchanges of heated words here in this thread. Not in this section of the forum anyhow. And I find it amazing. If this subject were discussed in the war room it would likely be a bloodbath. And Biden's life would have been indirectly threatened about a dozen times already.

But we don't see any of that craziness here & that's cool guys. Because you guys are cool.
As a Democrat who has only become a gun owner within the past year since moving to Arizona, this is where I fully expected to take the most heat but I haven't had to take any thus far. You've all been very welcoming despite our political differences, my inexperience with firearms & my lack of knowledge about them. And I just wanted to say thanks for that.

Regarding any major changes in gun control should Biden win on Tuesday, I don't see any big changes on the horizon. And I definitely think that when there are changes that much will be grandfathered in. I certainly hope so because of the massive collection of guns that my father-in-law left to me in May when he died. I'm quite certain that there are many things in it that some people would like to see taken off the streets. But those items are worth quite a bit of money so I'd like to be able to keep some of the items & sell the rest. Legally.

Again, gentlemen, you guys rock.

Wow. No bitter exchanges of heated words here in this thread. Not in this section of the forum anyhow. And I find it amazing. If this subject were discussed in the war room it would likely be a bloodbath. And Biden's life would have been indirectly threatened about a dozen times already.

But we don't see any of that craziness here & that's cool guys. Because you guys are cool.
As a Democrat who has only become a gun owner within the past year since moving to Arizona, this is where I fully expected to take the most heat but I haven't had to take any thus far. You've all been very welcoming despite our political differences, my inexperience with firearms & my lack of knowledge about them. And I just wanted to say thanks for that.

Regarding any major changes in gun control should Biden win on Tuesday, I don't see any big changes on the horizon. And I definitely think that when there are changes that much will be grandfathered in. I certainly hope so because of the massive collection of guns that my father-in-law left to me in May when he died. I'm quite certain that there are many things in it that some people would like to see taken off the streets. But those items are worth quite a bit of money so I'd like to be able to keep some of the items & sell the rest. Legally.

Have you read Biden’s proposals on his site? No grandfather clause.

Have you read Biden’s proposals on his site? No grandfather clause.

Oh, I'm not surprised. Of course, his initial proposals are going to be quite harsh but once things are negotiated & passed into legislation further on down the line I expect things to be much different.

Requiring "assault weapons" to be NFA items is an interesting tactic. So if someone were to fail the background check after they have already owned the weapon would there be a mechanism to take the weapon from the owner? I guess they would give the owner a grace period to turn it in or face criminal charges. That would make for some interesting discussions in the local police department. This also begs the question of what is an assault weapon exactly.

Also, if they do a buyback would they accept AR lowers as being the gun? I'm sure there are some savvy people who have stock piled cheap Anderson lowers that would happily sell them for a few hundred bucks.

well boys, anybodies balls crawling up into your gut yet? I was doing the math yesterday, id owe over $10,000 on mags alone with Bidens plan.

This forum is pretty chill. We're here to help each other out, not argue. :)

well boys, anybodies balls crawling up into your gut yet? I was doing the math yesterday, id owe over $10,000 on mags alone with Bidens plan.

Is it $200 per mag?

Back