Would Charles Walk Down Khabib or Islam The Same Way He Has Everyone Else?

I think he fights the same way, dont think he has the footwork to fight long and avoid Islams entries. He would surely know at some point he will be taken down.

I think he goes for broke on the feet, and works like hell to try to scramble up when the TD's come. What do I know though, I have picked the last 3 Charles fights wrong.

The way Charles fights he has his opponents tired by the 3rd round. He'll fight the same way whether it's Khabib or Islam. In a 5 round fight this gets interesting.

The way Charles fights he has his opponents tired by the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He'll fight the same way whether it's Khabib or Islam. In a 5 round fight this gets interesting.
If Justin wasn't so damn scared of the ground (obviously Khabib PTSD) he would have finished Charles. This is a great win for Charles, but it's not a fair comparison at all. How many times has Charles got smashed up in his career? Find me someone who whipped khabibs ass for even a round and had him bleeding like a woman.

Charles had no respect for the power of Chandler, Gaethje or Poirier

I'm curious if he would fight the Dagestani boys differently (cautiously) or just march him down with heavy pressure like he's been doing against everyone recently

what do you think? hyper aggression seems to be working for him

I think he’ll walk Islam down. He relies on being dangerous everywhere over tactics.

If Justin wasn't so damn scared of the ground (obviously Khabib PTSD) he would have finished Charles. This is a great win for Charles, but it's not a fair comparison at all. How many times has Charles got smashed up in his career? Find me someone who whipped khabibs ass for even a round and had him bleeding like a woman.

What does that have to do with anything though?

It's not that he doesn't respect their power. You'd have to be a moron to not respect their power.

He comes forward so aggressively because:

A. He needs to be super close to you to take you down. He doesn't shoot from outside his takedowns are usually bodylocks, trips, kind of stuff.
B. He has no fear of getting taken down himself, in fact that is what he wants.

So yes I believe he will still be that aggressive vs Islam or Khabib. It's all he knows. That's his way to victory.

This.

He's looking for clinch or guard.

Unless he's able to actually sub Khabib, he'd be better off staying on his bicycle and winning a kickboxing based UD vs a fighter like Khabib.

He needs to turn the tables and actively chase the wrestling and try get Islam to the ground or against the cage. He isn't stopping the takedown, he's not controlling Islam from guard, If Islam gets on top it's over. Charles needs to get on top. Also he's not outstriking Islam either, takedown threat. He just needs to initiate messy grappling sequences on HIS terms.

Back