Would pre-Kronk Fury have done better?

Fury insists that he was in a great shape and trained really hard and Ngannou was just that good.

Fury insists that he was in a great shape and trained really hard and Ngannou was just that good.
Yeah, Fury is full of shit. Francis proved that he is a good boxer in his own right, but you can't honestly tell me that Fury wasn't out of shape. Look he has an extra 100 pounds in his ass alone.
resize

Compare that to when he fought Wilder. He certainly didn't look like an Adonis, but there's clearly a 60 to 70 pound difference.
wilder-vs-fury.png

Yeah, Fury is full of shit. Francis proved that he is a good boxer in his own right, but you can't honestly tell me that Fury wasn't out of shape. Look he has an extra 100 pounds in his ass alone.
resize

Compare that to when he fought Wilder. He certainly didn't look like an Adonis, but there's clearly a 60 to 70 pound difference.
wilder-vs-fury.png

I thought I was going mad for a second there because I seemed to be the only one who noticed an obvious change in Fury’s physique that goes beyond the fluctuations in weight.

I think there’s an elephant in the room here, Fury was eating wild boars for some of the early fights in his career ….

Lots of pathetic and laughable excuses on here. The reality is fury had a full camp and chose a fuckin boxing novice over the undisputed fight. He embarrassed himself and to a lesser extent the sport itself. He’s a good fighter but not the great that his former fans claim. His resume is poor for such a higher rated champ and we all know he ducks fighters, he’s even recently been boasting about it

that’s how fans are going to remember him unless he proves he’s the fighter he claims to be. Beating usyks a start, if the fight ever happens and if he beats him

Do you think he looked like someone who put in work in camp?

Do you think he looked like someone who put in work in camp?
I don't understand his motive for lying.
He got his ass kicked. He should be the first to say that he didn't train seriously, truth or not, in order to save face.

He got his ass kicked. He should be the first to say that he didn't train seriously, truth or not, in order to save face.
What’s he going to say, “I apologize to all the people who paid $80 and wasted 6 hours of their time, but I couldn’t be bothered to train for this one. But just tune in next time, I’ll be in shaoe for that one.” It’s best just to give Ngannou props and say he was the best fighter he’s faced in a decade.

What’s he going to say, “I apologize to all the people who paid $80 and wasted 6 hours of their time, but I couldn’t be bothered to train for this one. But just tune in next time, I’ll be in shaoe for that one.” It’s best just to give Ngannou props and say he was the best fighter he’s faced in a decade.
Well, the people who paid 80 euros came for the spectacle. They didn't come to watch a unification match. Normally the difference in their level should've been so significant that Fury should have won after a 20 hour bender.
We are talking about the active champion of the world.

Floyd was 40 something and retired when he fought Conor.
He didn't have a regular training camp either. None expected him too.

Nah. Fury was thrown off by the looks he was given and had never faced someone who could that in the clinch. Fury's first option was taken away by Ngannou's patience and discipline. His second was taken away by his wrestling skill and chin. Fury's third option was to win by throwing more punches. This won him rounds on boxing scorecards.

Lots of pathetic and laughable excuses on here. The reality is fury had a full camp and chose a fuckin boxing novice over the undisputed fight. He embarrassed himself and to a lesser extent the sport itself. He’s a good fighter but not the great that his former fans claim. His resume is poor for such a higher rated champ and we all know he ducks fighters, he’s even recently been boasting about it

that’s how fans are going to remember him unless he proves he’s the fighter he claims to be. Beating usyks a start, if the fight ever happens and if he beats him
You don't really believe that Fury took this fight as seriously as he should have. Shit, Fury has a proven track record of slacking off, and under performing in 80 percent of his fights that weren't against what he considered elite competition.

He is a lazy, unhinged, and undisciplined fighter. He wasted 3 of his best years by being a morbidly obese coke fiend. His excuse is famously his mental health issues, but let's face it you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a fighter with psychological issues.

Is Fury overrated? Obviously. He is an under achiever who had the potential to take the reigns from the klitschkos, instead he picked favorable match ups, and lives his life like it's a wwf script.

He was bound to get humbled, it's just surprising that it came about at Francis' hand. It's fitting though.

The man is a compulsive liar. That being said many contenders wouldn't have done half as well against Fury on that night, out of shape and under perpared or not.

Well, the people who paid 80 euros came for the spectacle. They didn't come to watch a unification match. Normally the difference in their level should've been so significant that Fury should have won after a 20 hour bender.
We are talking about the active champion of the world.

Floyd was 40 something and retired when he fought Conor.
He didn't have a regular training camp either. None expected him too.
There's a world of difference between Floyd Mayweather and Tyson Fury in terms of professionalism and ability. Floyd was still in excellent shape for starters. You could see it at the weigh in. He was still trim and muscular. Once inside the ring the rust was evident, it certainly wasn't vintage Mayweather, but he never appeared winded or tired. He took the spectacle seriously enough to show up in decent shape. Fury was not in shape at all. He looked more than ever like a giant milk bag, and appeared gassed throughout. I don't care how much talent you have, if you can't be bothered to get into condition, you're asking to be embarrassed even by a neophyte, especially one as determined as Ngannour.

Just to see how important conditioning is, try to find the footage of Mayweather sparring Paul Spadafora that is probably still floating around YouTube. I'm not certain of the particulars, but apparently Mayweather had been out of the gym for a few months and showed up at the gym where Spadafor was nearing the end of a 10 week camp. The sparred. It did not go well for Mayweather, and he cut things short, probably out of embarrassment. Conditioning matters.

No it’s called not stealing someone’s shine. Kind of a code of honour like not grassing. He is deliberately not going anywhere near making excuses.

Just because Fury didn’t detail exactly what went wrong doesn’t mean people can’t use their eyes and speculate. And just because fury said everything went perfect in camp doesn’t mean it did. Eg He played down how badly he trained for Wilder 3 as well if you listen to his dad.

resize

wilder-vs-fury.png

You know they publish weigh in results, right?

There's no doubt that Fury was not in good condition for this fight. But LOL at trying to claim there was a 60-pound weight differential when he was literally the same weight as the 3rd Wilder fight and 5 pounds heavier than the 2nd fight.

Someone i know questioned the integrity of the fight, saying Fury was acting. I said no way. But i thought about it more and realized that Fury didn't even target the body, even though Francis was breathing heavily by round 5.

Fury is so good that he could easily make the fight look competitive and make Ngannou look better than he is. There are already talks of a rematch. Saudis love a good show. What's better than one fight? Two.

Someone i know questioned the integrity of the fight, saying Fury was acting. I said no way. But i thought about it more and realized that Fury didn't even target the body, even though Francis was breathing heavily by round 5.

Fury is so good that he could easily make the fight look competitive and make Ngannou look better than he is. There are already talks of a rematch. Saudis love a good show. What's better than one fight? Two.
He wasn't acting and Fury rarely targets the body. He's mostly a head hunter. It was competitive because Francis was much better than everyone anticipated. The match was supposed to be a showcase fight for Fury. Even if he took Francis lightly, which it appears that he did despite claims of a 12 week camp, he has no excuse for looking the way he did. He got beat up by an MMA fighter making his boxing debut.

You know they publish weigh in results, right?

There's no doubt that Fury was not in good condition for this fight. But LOL at trying to claim there was a 60-pound weight differential when he was literally the same weight as the 3rd Wilder fight and 5 pounds heavier than the 2nd fight.
That means very little. His muscle to fat ratio was definitely better when he fought Wilder.

He was in better shape, but you aren't wrong about the wieght.Did he think that being the heavier fighter would benefit him like it did Wilder? Possibly. If he did he's a f#cking idiot. Trying to push around a heavyweight mma champion in the clilnch was never going to work.

Are we going off what he said? Because before he claimed a "12 week camp", he claimed he only trained 5 mins, so which one is it.

Back