Would the Jones that KO'd DC beat Santos/Reyes decisively?

AI fanboy

Future Kimonos™
Banned
Reaction score
Santos 1, 2, 5
Reyes 1, 2, 3

Would roided-out-of-his-eyeballs Jones have a better chance or are those two simply bad matchups?

Discuss

Honestly it’s really hard to say. I think he’s the best we’ve ever seen but when it comes to styles, a reverse wrestler with superior standup is different than someone who may be a better fighter.

He would probably perform better. However, I think stylistically that Jones just struggles against fighters who are roughly the same height and have longer reach. Struggle may be too strong of a word but he never looks as impressive against those fighters.

You mean the fight where he popped for steroids? Yeah he did awesome in that fight

Santos 1, 2, 5
Reyes 1, 2, 3

Would roided-out-of-his-eyeballs Jones have a better chance or are those two simply bad matchups?

Discuss
LOL do people really think PED's helped him to that level? He KO'd DC because he figured him out ofter their first fight. Same shit happened to Gus in the second fight(even though that was some time after the 1st one). If Jon rematches either one he finishes them. A serious question though, did Jon's body change drastically after the roids? Like we saw with Vitor or other known juicers?

Not sure, it’s always easier to fight a smaller man imo, no matter if you’re on the juice or not

Santos 1, 2, 5
Reyes 1, 2, 3

Discuss

Santos maybe
But Reyes showed he is better than him
Better striking technique
Better striking defense
Solid takedown defense
Shitty cardio, but he still won 3 rounds and KD Jones in the 1st

Santos maybe
But Reyes showed he is better than him
Better striking technique
Better striking defense
Solid takedown defense
Shitty cardio, but he still won 3 rounds and KD Jones in the 1st
Wasn't a kd idiot

LOL do people really think PED's helped him to that level? He KO'd DC because he figured him out ofter their first fight. Same shit happened to Gus in the second fight(even though that was some time after the 1st one). If Jon rematches either one he finishes them. A serious question though, did Jon's body change drastically after the roids? Like we saw with Vitor or other known juicers?
I don't think you understand how PEDs work. Its not a pill you take that makes you able to throw a Cro Cop style head kick and when it wears off and hour later you can't kick above your knee. PEDs have a cumulative effect. They allow you to train longer, recover faster and get results that won't come without them. Looking Ripped is much more a function of diet than PEDs. Adding ridiculous amounts of muscle like Bob Sapp is one thing but many PEDs don't solely build muscle.

Look at Vitor. The guy never threw kicks like he did against Bisping and Luke until very late in his career. PEDs allowed him to learn those skills where a man in his late 30's isn't doing that at that high of a level.

A younger juiced Jones would have kicked their asses. JJ has been out of prime for a couple years, plus not on the juice as far as we know, so that is a lot of steps lost.

Non-juiced Jon lost to non-juiced Reyes.

Juiced-Jon also loses to juiced-Reyes.

a Juiced Jon against any non juiced HW I would still bet on Jon. At HW I am talking Jon being allowed and even mandated to take Gamma Radiation level PEDs.
Not if he fights like he's done his whole career eating punches coming forward imo. Im sure he could take some of the lower rank guys though

Back