Yair Rodriguiz Gave UP

maybe he gave up, maybe not, what really you can tell is the guy gets exposed against guys with good grappling not even fantastic, Frankie made him look like an amateur, the same as Volk

Anyone with a brain knew Volk would break this guy… same dude who spent years ducking guys into title contention and got ragdolled by Jeremy Stephens on the ground.

I won't say he gave up. Volk just countered him perfectly, no shame to lose to a fighter like that. I think he was having flashbacks from the Edgar fight.

Last edited:
Early stoppage. I wanted to see Gair tapping from strikes like I said he would do.

Rodriguez got smashed clean right in the jaw and got forced into a defensive position.

Volk then started firing right hooks to the body (brutally accurate) then threw him down to the ground Cormier style

And then started smashing him even further.

Its a shame because there was what, only 45 seconds left in that round before the round was over?

Im more surprised that those kicks that Rodriguez landed on the head and the body (even if they were blocked) didn't wobble Volk at all because Beneil Dariush tried to block a high kick and it caused him to wobble BAD.

Did Rob give up a bit ? He shelled up and dropped to a knee.

In any case these guys are fucking tough

It's just a sport

Yair didn’t give up. That isn’t a good observation. Volk figured him out like he does everyone and yes did crack him and hurt him, but immediately took him down and finished it. Yes yair grappling has been and is still his weakness and volk leveled up in his grappling I think when he was training for Islam. But volk used his high level fight iq and when he hurt yair, he gave him no chance to recover and took him Down and finished him. Let’s give volk his flowers as he proved once again he is THAT guy.

I don't think so. He got decked hard, taken down, and then couldn't defend himself while he was being overwhelmed by GNP. He was still hurting from getting hit on the feet and Volk was not gonna let up. Volk is just mean like that.

BTW where does Yair go from here? Because unlike max, he was finished by Volk. And he has a loss to Max already. So who does Yair fight to get back into contender status? Maybe Evlov? Rematch Ortega as that fight would probably look different now and Ortega was injured early in the first one.

Back