Yakuza and Judgment series thread

Best Yakuza game

• Total voters
I’m about halfway through Yakuza 0 and it’s pretty damn fun. I met a guy called the Walking Erection so...there’s that.

I need to find an easy way to get money though.

Kiwami is supposed to drop in like 2 weeks for PC. I'll either be playing that or Nier next not sure yet.

I’m about halfway through Yakuza 0 and it’s pretty damn fun. I met a guy called the Walking Erection so...there’s that.

I need to find an easy way to get money though.

The real estate game and host games are what will make you the most money.. work on those and you will be filthy rich.

Played Kiwami 1 last month, my first Yakuza game really enjoyed it. What game should be next 2 or the prequel?

I beat Yakuza 0 and then started Kiwami a few days later and eventually beat that too. A lot faster this time around since I was now very familiar with the game and what I generally needed to do.

I really wished they had added more to Kiwami. I understand its a remake of the 1st Yakuza game but it was lacking IMO. I really wanted some form of involving minigame that Yakuza 0 had with the characters (real estate and hosting). I found that mind numbingly fun. Anyone know if Kiwami 2 has any extra or better mini-games that are as involving?

Outsider on Netflix is an awesome Yakuza movie and on the level of Takeshi’s best work. Damn dude is a ganjii Kiryu.

I beat Yakuza 0 and then started Kiwami a few days later and eventually beat that too. A lot faster this time around since I was now very familiar with the game and what I generally needed to do.

I really wished they had added more to Kiwami. I understand its a remake of the 1st Yakuza game but it was lacking IMO. I really wanted some form of involving minigame that Yakuza 0 had with the characters (real estate and hosting). I found that mind numbingly fun. Anyone know if Kiwami 2 has any extra or better mini-games that are as involving?

Kiwami 2 is the same type of game. Mini games are mostly the same. It’s a great game but if you didn’t like Kiwami 1.... but the engine is getting much much better. It’s not Yak 0 or 6 in terms of stories but it’s a wonderful and cheap game.

Kiwami 2 is the same type of game. Mini games are mostly the same. It’s a great game but if you didn’t like Kiwami 1.... but the engine is getting much much better. It’s not Yak 0 or 6 in terms of stories but it’s a wonderful and cheap game.

I liked Kiwami I just wanted more like 0..

Do you recommend playing Kiwami 2 or 6?.. should I wait for all of them before playing 6?

I liked Kiwami I just wanted more like 0..

Do you recommend playing Kiwami 2 or 6?.. should I wait for all of them before playing 6?

I bought a PS3 to play 4 and 5 after playing Zero. Then I got 6. Also that zombie bullshit (AVOID).

Then I got Kiwami 1 and 2. So I'm missing on 3 and will wait for the Kiwami version.

I'd go Zero (awesome), 1, 2 and then 6. 4 and 5 are cool but everything you need to know is in 1 and 2. 6 is fantastic, better than Zero (story and engine) but if you have context you're going to have a lot more fun.

Five is fuck awesome BTW. Bear punching in the woods. But that's a PS3 only unless there's a PSN option.

6 and 0 are the options for millenials who can't appreciate the story and want a GTA 5 engine.

In other words... leave 6 for the end. Best engine and you won't understand the story full. Go Zero, Kiwami 1 and 2 if you're playing on PS4 and can't get 3,4,5 but leave the best to last. There is so much shit you need to fully appreciate 6. It's like watching Return of the Jedi without watching New Episode or Empire Strikes Back.

I really wish they would put 6 out on PC. I wonder if they plan to do the Kiwami treatment on all the games before PC releases. I have a PS3 but would rather experience this in 4K the first go around. I still need to go back and finish 0 before I buy Kiwami 1.

In other words... leave 6 for the end. Best engine and you won't understand the story full. Go Zero, Kiwami 1 and 2 if you're playing on PS4 and can't get 3,4,5 but leave the best to last. There is so much shit you need to fully appreciate 6. It's like watching Return of the Jedi without watching New Episode or Empire Strikes Back.

Ok that’s what I was afraid of. Once I do Kiwami 2 I’d have to dig my PS3 out and hunt down copies of 4 and 5...

Ok that’s what I was afraid of. Once I do Kiwami 2 I’d have to dig my PS3 out and hunt down copies of 4 and 5...

They are both in digital for a couple of bucks. 4 and 5 are awesome story wise but if you’ve played the PS4 games then the engines might piss you off. 5 does have the best story apart from 6 though. Bear punching prison break ass baseball murder. I don’t remember which one has the idol story line, I am still traumatized by that.

I bought 1 through 5 new together on videogamesplus for like $120 Canadian.

Got 0, kiwami 1 and 2 as well as 6... but I'm holding off starting kiwami 2 until I hear news of whether or not the 3 and 4 remastered editions are coming here. I won't play 6 until I've caught up.

I thought there would be some information by now. Sega hopefully will bring PS4 versions of the rest of the series over here.

Pretty insane they're delaying the game in Japan due to one of the actors getting caught with a small amount of coke.

Pretty insane they're delaying the game in Japan due to one of the actors getting caught with a small amount of coke.

The funnny thing is these games are about gangsters who murder, drink, fuck and steal.

The very first Yakuza on PS2.

Among a myriad of generic action games, came an epic crime thriller called Yakuza 1 out of nowhere. Had a blast playing Yakuza 1 and 2 on the PS2.

Back