Opinion Yeonmi Park is on JRE but her North Korean story is full of many inconsistencies. Is she a grifter?

how the hell aren’t they going to charge him? He drove around in circles. Oh well.

where you looking to land?
he looks like he's trying to get away to me, he can say they were trying to block him in. If you are familiar with the homeless, they often get in drivers way without looking and rely on you to stop or slow down. It's scary simply because you cannot always see them in our weather, but it is an everyday thing. In this case, the guy didn't stop. There is some debate over whether they should charge him but not much. Like I said, the homeless are really wearing out there welcome everywhere here. Just a couple weeks ago some guy next to one of our courts came in and tried to rape a woman security guard in the bathroom, the city cleared a camp that's been there for years because of it. Like I say, the pendulum is going to swing hard. I have no clue about where to go, I don't have the money to build where I'd like and to tell the truth, I'm tired of the city life. I probably should just fucking leave and figure it all out later.

he looks like he's trying to get away to me, he can say they were trying to block him in. If you are familiar with the homeless, they often get in drivers way without looking and rely on you to stop or slow down. It's scary simply because you cannot always see them in our weather, but it is an everyday thing. In this case, the guy didn't stop. There is some debate over whether they should charge him but not much. Like I said, the homeless are really wearing out there welcome everywhere here. Just a couple weeks ago some guy next to one of our courts came in and tried to rape a woman security guard in the bathroom, the city cleared a camp that's been there for years because of it. Like I say, the pendulum is going to swing hard. I have no clue about where to go, I don't have the money to build where I'd like and to tell the truth, I'm tired of the city life. I probably should just fucking leave and figure it all out later.

rewatched the video. Nobody was in his way. He could’ve left the scene without trouble, only he didn’t — he made a u-turn in order to driving in a circle. And the woman he killed wasn’t really in the fray and chaos of the incident, at least from what I have seen.

move to the country. Get a garden. Become a streamer.

rewatched the video. Nobody was in his way. He could’ve left the scene without trouble, only he didn’t — he made a u-turn in order to driving in a circle. And the woman he killed wasn’t really in the fray and chaos of the incident, at least from what I have seen.

move to the country. Get a garden. Become a streamer.
I'll watch it again, it was a male he hit.

First I will post the JRE video and then post some videos (time marked) which counter a lot of the claims being made.

If you guys don't know who she is, Yeonmi Park is the most famous North Korean defector. She has been on many youtube channels telling her tragic tale of escape. This all sounds like a really sad story but when you do some digging things start to get real fishy.

1. On South Korean television she presents a different self, she and her mother say that they are like the "Paris Hilton" of North Korea. She comes from a wealthy family.

2. She says that she escaped the border into China with both her father and mother. She then later makes a speech and tells a different story. This time she says it was only her mother who crossed the border with her.

3. She makes the claim that she watched a person executed in public for watching a foreign film. Sometimes she says it is James Bond other times a South Korean film. Other North Korean defectors have also said that public executions were stopped several years prior to that date.

I'm sure that North Korea is a really shitty place but is there perhaps a chance that this young lady is being used by political organizations to fearmonger?

What do you guys think? Is she telling the truth or is there an agenda at play here?

Stories about crossing boarding.

On South Korean TV

Regarding her story changes. First of all, translation could be one the reasons. Another thing to consider is that trauma can ruin a persons memory. Not to mention the fact that she may not have been comfortable talking about her or her own mother getting raped. Or that it would discredit her if she mentioned how she being sold to a Chinese man to be her sex slave may have made her fearful of telling the truth.

Over time, she may have gotten comfortable to add to the details because now she knows she is out of the woods. In some countries, rape victims end up getting the blame and becoming demonized. She may have had to lie because she thought it could get her kicked out of U.S.

Goddamn think before you make stupid ass threads or posts!

Also in the comment section, the dude that made the yeonmi video gets roasted hard because he is a fucking idiot!

Regarding her story changes. First of all, translation could be one the reasons. Another thing to consider is that trauma can ruin a persons memory. Not to mention the fact that she may not have been comfortable talking about her or her own mother getting raped. Or that it would discredit her if she mentioned how she being sold to a Chinese man to be her sex slave may have made her fearful of telling the truth.

Over time, she may have gotten comfortable to add to the details because now she knows she is out of the woods. In some countries, rape victims end up getting the blame and becoming demonized. She may have had to lie because she thought it could get her kicked out of U.S.

Also in the comment section, the dude that made the yeonmi video gets roasted hard because he is a fucking idiot!

She says America is worse than North Korea because American universities are woke. She then goes on a right-wing podcast tour with people like Pim Tool, Kermit the Frog, and Rave Dubin to sell a book. Yeah, totally legit and not a grifter at all. How about all the accounts of North Korean refugees saying that she is lying? What about her mother telling a different story?

She says America is worse than North Korea because American universities are woke. She then goes on a right-wing podcast tour with people like Pim Tool, Kermit the Frog, and Rave Dubin to sell a book. Yeah, totally legit and not a grifter at all. How about all the accounts of North Korean refugees saying that she is lying? What about her mother telling a different story?
Her stories are about as real as her face and changes just about as often. It's a similar pattern to a lot of asylum seekers where they exaggerate or fabricate accounts of atrocities to gain sympathy and attention. These accounts play right into the right wing narrative of the host country, reinforcing views of potential adversaries as some inhumane orcs.

Last edited:

You really think NON right wing or independent media wanted her on TV?

She says America is worse than North Korea because American universities are woke.

I agree this is stupid but everyone in the world has stupid opinions about various subjects including you and me.

She then goes on a right-wing podcast tour with people like Pim Tool, Kermit the Frog, and Rave Dubin to sell a book. Yeah, totally legit and not a grifter at all. How about all the accounts of North Korean refugees saying that she is lying? What about her mother telling a different story?

Who else was willing to have her on? Also is Kermit the frog Jordan Peterson? When did that guy become a right-winger? Tim Pool and Dave Rubin fine I give you that but Jordan Peterson? If that's right-wing then it seems right-wing is just the new buzzword. Something you can throw out there to delegitimize anyone you want without having to produce any actual proof against their argument.

... but Jordan Peterson? If that's right-wing then it seems right-wing is just the new buzzword.

I used to be a Peterson fan after a couple of years of listening to his lectures and none of his politics.

All I'm going to say is he contributes to PragerU and left Patreon because they deplatformed Carl Benjamin.

I used to be a Peterson fan after a couple of years of listening to his lectures and none of his politics.

All I'm going to say is he contributes to PragerU and left Patreon because they deplatformed Carl Benjamin.
I don’t know how anyone can stand listening to Peterson. Not just for his elementary takes, but also for his pre-pubescent kermit the frog voice. It’s like nails on a chalkboard x 100.

I don't speak Asian so I dont know if what shes saying is true.
I also never watched the video and never heard of her and also dont give a shit about what happens over there. I just see alot of white knighting going on in this post, and you have one of those Asian Cartoon things as your av, so you're probably overreacting.

I keep getting this episode recommended to me on YouTube, for some reason. Haven't watched it but this dude's face freaks me out. Apparently he claims to have been abducted by aliens, or some shit:
maxresdefault.jpg

there is a lot of info out there about abductions that seems to suggest something is really to it. for example jeremy corbell reports consistencies in the descriptions of the inside of ufo craft that are/were not public knowledge can be found across many cases. this guys story is well worth listening too.

the movie "fire in the sky" was based on his story.

Last edited:
I don’t know how anyone can stand listening to Peterson. Not just for his elementary takes, but also for his pre-pubescent kermit the frog voice. It’s like nails on a chalkboard x 100.

He was a professor at a university I used to attend, I had a long commute, and I needed something to listen to.

He was a professor at a university I used to attend, I had a long commute, and I needed something to listen to.

peterson has some individual insights that are valuable but the package as a whole is not digestible to me.

The problem with her is when she says even North Korea is not as nuts as America. Criticising the American academia is not the issue, the issue is when one resorts to such over the top absurdities. To compare America to NK or China is nuts.

peterson has some individual insights that are valuable but the package as a whole is not digestible to me.

He just says a lot of obvious things to me. He’s like those self help people who just say obvious shit that any responsible adult should be doing. For the most part that is.

He just says a lot of obvious things to me. He’s like those self help people who just say obvious shit that any responsible adult should be doing. For the most part that is.

one thing he said that i really appreciated was that alot of these mass shooters are not mad at any one person-- they are taking revenge out on life itself.

thats not a direct quote but it made a lot of sense.

Her stories are about as real as her face and changes just about as often. It's a similar pattern to a lot of asylum seekers where they exaggerate or fabricate accounts of atrocities to gain sympathy and attention. These accounts play right into the right wing narrative of the host country, reinforcing views of potential adversaries as some inhumane orcs.

Please tell us about how great North Korea is then.

Pointing out defectors and asylum seekers exaggerate their account does not make North Korea great.

Meanwhile, please fill the form below:
EteEHw3VIAIugrK.jpg

You said that her account plays into right wing narratives that dehumanize potential adversaries while you yourself dehumanize your own potential adversaries.

A wee bit hypocritical, don't you think?

Back