Opinion Yeonmi Park is on JRE but her North Korean story is full of many inconsistencies. Is she a grifter?

From what I understand it's actually quite common for North Korean defectors to tell lies. The man from Escape From Camp 14 also told lies, although it's clear a lot of his story was true.

The author of Escape From Camp 14 pointed out is a survival mechanism, because of what they went through. They've lied their whole life growing up in North Korea, out of necessity, and it's a hard habit to drop, for various reasons.

Yes this is what I was saying as well. Of course people born in that sort of situation are going to be liars. Why would they trust us? Why would they tell us the truth? Because we say we are better than NK? NK was telling them that they are gods and live in the best country in the world and that was a lie.

I keep getting this episode recommended to me on YouTube, for some reason. Haven't watched it but this dude's face freaks me out. Apparently he claims to have been abducted by aliens, or some shit:
maxresdefault.jpg
Watch it. It's really good.

The funny thing is that these journalists want to rip Yeomni Park's story apart, but you want to investigate people on the southern border and actually confirm their criminal history, legitimacy to seek asylum or if they are legitimate parents of the kids with them, you get called a racist.

This seems like a straw man. Who is saying this?

I knew this thread was coming when she was doing her right learning podcast tour.

I think ripping her story apart is a bit of an exaggeration. I never said she lies about everything but I do think she makes it more dramatic because she likes the attention and fame that it has given her. I don't care if politicians lie more, lying is still bad.

Sorry I generalize. You google her and it's journalists picking apart specific phrases of her story they believe contradict similar to what was mentioned. I haven't read their books so I can't comment on her story outside of the short videos and articles I have read. I completely agree she is chasing some fame and a way to make an income out of this, she has that right provided it doesn't turn out she grew up in upper Manhattan and went to prestigious schools whilst her parents paid all her bills from their trust fund.

I agree on the lying, but the same people calling out yeomni park's story will run cover for these politicians if they align politically.

Yeomni park speaks out because she went to Columbia University and saw professors talking about White Supremacy after escaping North Korea to China where she was sold into sexual slavery. She allegedly knows what a real oppressive regime is and wants to call out what she says as a gradual move towards these regimes.

When they appeared in South Korea media, the mother said they came from money and they show photographs making them not look very poor. That one is strange to me.
Rich in north korea might also be what she learned later was poor, or rather poor here.

How dare she criticize best Gorea.
Kim Il-Sung did invent the hamburger!
And all american children dream about living in North Korea.

She's just another right-wing psychopath SWS grifter who married an ugly fat American weeb balding manlet with an anti-Norwaad cope cut to get green card and is now sucking up to the usual grifter suspects like Pordan Jeterson, Rave Dubin, and Toe Brogan peddling her discredited sob stories
unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
5fyy4igfedf71.png
unknown.png

One of her most laughable moments was when she said she realized universities in the US were worse than North Korea when she studied at Columbia because of SJWs or some shit
unknown.png

Absolute grifter fraud (fake bobbs too) smh

These retards are just lapping it up because they think this polyurethane-enhanced scheming skeleton would be an easy shag

Another favorite from her is her completely made-up story about watching rats eating eyeballs and feeling nothing about it, and then she starts fake crying at the exact same spot in the story every time she tells it on every podcast she is on - rehearsed script

Lmfao right as I type this out, of course another cringe manlet grifter helps spread her discredited fraudulent book PR

unknown.png

Yeah most of her stories are probably fake. North Korea died suck though if you’re one of the poor. A few years ago there were a few stories that made me think they might be about to collapse. There were wrecked NK fishing boats washing up on the shores in the the winter in Japan. The seas are really rough in the winter there so it was a serious indicator that they were desperate for food. Around the same time a NK soldier tried to defect and run across the dmz to South Korea. He was shot and then treated by them. He was in his 20s but had the development of like a 14 year old and a bunch of tapeworms

So yeah things aren’t great there. But yeah I think she’s probably mostly full of shit.

Listening now and ironically enough she is addressing people picking apart details now. They say she never climbed a mountain because technically it was just a large hill. Like she said she was a kid and had no education so to her that's what it is.
180 minute mark roughly for anyone who cares

Back