You sir, are no Carnal Salvation...

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think this crud might finally be over.
I've just finished a round of Methylpresnisolone and a round of antibiotics. This shit just wasn't going away.
We'll see.

I decided to not go with my cuz as the sports nutritionist for a variety of reasons.
I zoomed with my new person this morning and am starting the program today and going to the end of the year.
She knows her shit (as would be expected with someone like this). She stated that she is familiar with Judo and has worked with several collegiate wrestlers before.
The goals set are to get to ~175 lbs by November, get in really good shape, then compete in a Judo and / or BJJ tournament (whichever is available around then).
This is definitely a financial splurge on my part. What I get for my money:
Evaluation of current diet
From the evaluation, a nutrition plan (in my case for weight loss while still being able to perform)
Pre-training, training, and post-training nutrition guidelines
Hydration, electrolyte and fueling plan for training and competition
Vitamin and mineral supplementation guidelines
A zoom meeting every month and email correspondence and accountability.
Weekly evaluation of my meals for that week.
There's no scammy stuff like having to buy supplements or anything like that through them.

I hope whatever this shit I had is finally over. It's been a fucking depressing month and a half and I am ready to get going again.

Funny shit Fahcough.
Thanks MilkMan!

May 25
Started new nutrition plan

May 26
Did maybe a mile fast walk with a little jogging.

May 28
Easy hike, about 3 miles

May 29
Hot Yoga, little over an hour, almost killed me.

May 30
Hot Yoga, little over an hour, better, but still teetering on the edge of passing out at times.
This feeling should lessen over time.

I think I've kicked the plague to the curb. FINALLY.
The plan is to get into one BJJ class this week and do a little weight lifting, see how it feels.
I weighed in at 203 lb today.

June 4
Hot Yoga, 71 minutes
Fit Bit: average bpm 131, max bpm 167.
This instructor is the least woo woo of all the instructors which jives well with me.
I'm not super fond of the "connect with source" stuff.

Yesterday I moved my 45 lb olympic bar around some, nothing I would call a work out.
Some OHP, curls, and bent over rows just to get things moving. I plan to gradually add lifting again.

The diet is going fine. At it's most basic it's counting calories and hitting macros.
You know, the typical boneless skinless chicken breast, broccoli, brown rice type of meals.
I'm consuming more protein than I think I have in my entire life.

Tomorrow a big hike is on the schedule, and then Monday it's back to BJJ.

June 12
Hot Yoga, 75 minutes

June 14
BJJ Fitness, 35 minutes
Medicine ball toss, arm bar left & right drill, wheelbarrows, etc.

June 15
Hot Yoga, 75 minutes

Second meeting with sports nutrition coach yesterday, tweaked a couple things and I'm starting to feel dialed in with it.
I'll be doing some meal prep for each week now that I've got the food, portions, and macros mostly figured out.

I feel like I'm right on track with these easing back in work outs and the new nutrition approach. Now to slowly start ramping things up a little.
Judo is out for the summer break at NAU and will start again in late August. If all goes as planned, I should be walking back onto the judo mats at around 185 lbs and in good enough shape to hang in randori.

July 2

Hike
Steady march, mostly level terrain
3 miles
12,000+ steps on the day

Still building the aerobic base.
I'm targeting August for the transition into a more anerobic emphasis. Judo class starts again then and I'll start rolling in BJJ again. Maybe at that time I'll add some hill work to the hikes, up kettlebell and medicine ball weights in strength class, and in general start pushing things just a little harder.
Finding it a little difficult to not throttle it up sooner, but trusting the math here.
Slow and steady gets the early worm.

July 11

Strength and Conditioning for MMA class.
Body weight: planks, hand stands, squats, sit up, shrimps, etc. 30 minutes

I got called out by a buddy today. I think the kids today call it getting put on blast.
I said I should be back in BJJ again soon, AFTER I get in shape. Blah, blah, blah.
He said: "Yeah, yeah I've been hearing that for a year and a half. First it was this, then it was that..."

He wasn't wrong. My b.s. got put on blast. I haven't been consistent for years.

Last edited:
Back