2021 Tour De France

Who takes it?

• Total voters
Individual riders with GC aspirations racing for 2nd place, and lower, at this point while teams with no leaders for whatever reason can go for stage wins, alternate jerseys and the ability to disrupt the race with random attacks and aggressive moves on strategic climbs, etc.
As was said already, barring catastrophe of one type or another, le maillot jaune is decided.
So, for entertainment, we have to seek out the 'races within the race', non?

Individual riders with GC aspirations racing for 2nd place, and lower, at this point while teams with no leaders for whatever reason can go for stage wins, alternate jerseys and the ability to disrupt the race with random attacks and aggressive moves on strategic climbs, etc.
As was said already, barring catastrophe of one type or another, le maillot jaune is decided.
So, for entertainment, we have to seek out the 'races within the race', non?
Yup. I will say the battle for the mountain jersey has actually been quite lively and fun.

Even robots malfunction from time to time..
We can only hope something like this occurs.
Great kid, but srsly you've got 50+ riders asking
"why am I even doing this?"
It's SKY all over again.

I will be extremely disappointed if Cav gets timed out tomorrow after the double ascent of Mont Ventoux!
The way this tour is going that’s almost certainly going to happen

I will be extremely disappointed if Cav gets timed out tomorrow after the double ascent of Mont Ventoux!
The way this tour is going that’s almost certainly going to happen

Yeah, interesting to see what Bora, Bahrain and Bike exchange are going to do. Colbrelli wont have any problems making it and neither will Sagan, though I wonder if the latter is actually suffering from the crash or has just been unimpressive.

Yeah, interesting to see what Bora, Bahrain and Bike exchange are going to do. Colbrelli wont have any problems making it and neither will Sagan, though I wonder if the latter is actually suffering from the crash or has just been unimpressive.

I think Cavendish is not really interested in the green jersey. I can’t think of a way that Quickstep could leverage that against getting a hand with the groupetto. Even then I guess they could only use it to get assistance from a single team.
I just have a sinking feeling that he’s going to time out tomorrow

yea, agreed.
colbrelli looking good and I do think sagan is messed up from when ewan took him out.
he couldn't even challenge for that sprint point mid stage.
cav is thinking only of stage wins and if he somehow hangs on through ventoux, he will have his
last chances on thursday and friday, and paris of course if he makes it that far.

I think tomorrow is also a big showing for the mountain jersey. Would love to see Quintana take it.

Feels like yellow is practically over at this point

ha posted that before finishing watching the stage. colbrelli caught out by a mechanical. he got back but had zero energy to challenge.

D-quikstep with brilliant team tactics and it's cav again.

quintana nearing the end of his career IMO, would be nice to see him get the dots he will no doubt be challenged.

It's not going to be blistering hot on the Ventoux tomorrow.

Let's see the wind though.

ha posted that before finishing watching the stage. colbrelli caught out by a mechanical. he got back but had zero energy to challenge.

D-quikstep with brilliant team tactics and it's cav again.

quintana nearing the end of his career IMO, would be nice to see him get the dots he will no doubt be challenged.
I heard the weather is supposed to be shit again for the mountains tomorrow

Tony Martin is done. No surprise but that’s the third team mate for vingegard gone.

Love this climb. It’s beautiful

How is Mark Cavendish supposed to get up Mon Ventoux twice?

Tom Simpson couldn’t get up once and he was a GC contender!
Not sure. And in hindsight now, it’s clear it didn’t really have the desired effect of creating a volatile stage. Instead it’s likely going to just cause a lot of drop outs and time outs. The climbers and GC guys just cruised over it with little action, yet, it’s likely eliminating 10-20 guys. We’ve already lost 7 today that I know of. As if this tour wasn’t hard enough already

So if Vingegard is this good why the hell isn’t TJV doing anything to help him?

Do they even have anyone left other than van Aert lol. Feel kinda bad for Tony Martin, he going for most crashes in a Tour against G-man?
I dont agree at all with commentator who said that there might have been some cracks in Pogacars armor. He saved his energy and played it smart.

Pogacar pretending he couldn't follow Vingegaard... trying to appear human... increasing his lead though...

Do they even have anyone left other than van Aert lol. Feel kinda bad for Tony Martin, he going for most crashes in a Tour against G-man?
I dont agree at all with commentator who said that there might have been some cracks in Pogacars armor. He saved his energy and played it smart.
I think he decided to pace it out once he saw Carapaz and Uran not follow. There’s that small reserve you keep in case you need to respond for the GC. If Uran, Ving, and Carapaz are all powering forward you turn on the jets. I think he decided he’s just make up the time on the descent or let him kill himself for 20 seconds.

TJV has 4 riders left besides Vingegard. They keep saying “oh yeah we ride for him” but to me it seems like they’ve all been given the green light to go for stages and mountains

Back