News 3 fights announced for UFC 300

A win over Brundage is a net negative.

Premature hype can have this effect, though.

If everyone is talking about Nickal taking huge fights right away, then we're still getting Brundage after 4 fights in the UFC/DWCS, it suggests he's not actually very good.

Don't forget, people are still looking for a Brock Lesnar-type figure who can fight for the title right away.

If Bo Nickal isn't a Brock Lesnar-type, don't sell him as one, it will only serve as a millstone around his neck.

That's a fight that could really kill his momentum just like they did with Paddy. He could have the greatest performance ever and it doesn't move anything forward for him.

If Nickal blows Brundage out, he just beat a guy who should only be 1-4 in his last 5 and we already saw he has nothing for a wrestler. If Nickal faces any adversity in getting the takedown, he instantly sucks. If he loses, he is too far into his UFC career to drop fights against someone like this.

Weird match up, they really must be trying to build him because he is getting paid better than mot guys taing these fights.

These are three of more than likely 13-15 fights. They're all good ones as well. I don't understand the complaints in here.
JIri and Rakic are good
Aljo vs Kattar is great

Brundage and Nickal doesn;t really deserve a spot on this card. At best it's going to be a ground and pound finish fast for Nickal or I guess Brundage could pull off the upset and steal the show haha.

These are lower ranked fights in a more stacked card that will be announced next year imo. Those are good fights so far.

Conor should fight for every belt on the same card.

It'd be absolute entertainment.

Just back to back to back fights for every belt.

I think I heard that UFC300 will have 11 fights. Is that because of multiple 5 round fights? If not that's a little disappointing

Weird fights.

1. Dana said people would go nuts over first fight. We'll the cats been out of the bag about Nickal for a few days and honestly... I would need to review Brundages Wiki page. I know I've seen some of his fights... But no people will not "go nuts" over this announcement. Brundage is a nobody on paper. This could either be a squash match or a fight too low in the rankings. I feel this Bo Nickal project is going a bit slow

2. Aljamain can be a little boring. Hopefully him vs Kattar is good but Aljamain may not have the style for 300. Speaking of which...

3. Rakic has also put on some major league snoozer. He's a very hot and cold fighter that's pretty hard to Guage where the entertainment will be. I know it's nearly impossible to put on a boring fight with Jiri though

Overall im pretty surprised by these matchups

Seriously?

Jiri-Rakic can't be right.

This has to be rumour mill shit.

Nickal-Brundage is extremely negative. They're falling into the Paddy Pimblett trap.
Bo needs a title shot, obviously

I had a nice big smile on my face remembering the hilarity of people being hyped for UFC 200 and then getting given Miesha Tate main eventing on a piss-mat, not sure where this mouth frothing idea comes from.

I find the prospect of UFC 300 being the fight-card equivalent of Dana announcing dolls quite humorous, even though I would rather a good card.

These 3 fights don't prove or disprove that UFC 300 will be equally underwhelming. But I think they are an early nod to the negative outcome. And they are certainly not the types of announcements to start trotting out shill talking points over.
Calling it a piss mat like a teenager is pretty much frothing at the mouth

Calling it a piss mat like a teenager is pretty much frothing at the mouth

A bit juvenile, but it was widely called a piss mat by the MMA community at the time as it was almost universally mocked.

I would say getting upset over the use of such a common term to describe the aesthetic of that mat is far more akin to mouth frothing than typing it.

The piss mat was the visual symbol of the UFC's failed attempt at making UFC 200 epic, when what we ended up with was Meisha Tate in the main event.

Nah, Rakic should figth Roundtree, them the loser of Ankalaev Vs Walker.
He doesn't should be fighting a #1 contender coming from an injury loss and 1+ year layoff

What I'm saying is, the hype and reality becomes jarring when he's still fighting Cody Brundage in his 6th fight lol

This is Bellator booking.

I agree that they should develop and let him gain experience, but they've already pumped him full of steroid-level-hype so it's kinda the late stages for that, everyone is expecting some bang for their buck.

Cody Brundage is terrible, and a risk-averse booking.

Bo is still a top quality wrestler, even if he's weak in a few areas. Give him someone like Abu Azaitar, someone who looks dangerous on paper but who would be generally useless against a wrestler.
Sorry but who should someone with 5 fights and 2 years of training be fighting?

This reminds me of the Raul Rosas situation whete just because he was being marketed people wanted him to fight fucking top 10s at 18.

Sorry but who should someone with 5 fights and 2 years of training be fighting?

This reminds me of the Raul Rosas situation whete just because he was being marketed people wanted him to fight fucking top 10s at 18.

Again: people are looking for the next Brock.

If he's not Brock, he's not Brock, stop pretending he is.

Brock was not fighting Cody Brundage level talent at any point in his career lmao

Decent fights but nowt spectacular, gonna need more names on there for sure. I'd much rather see a competitive card with decent fights booked than something for the casuals like Conor or Brock. Move on FFS.

Back