52 Common Myths and Misconceptions

If Jurrasic Park taught you anything you'd know that a pack of Game Bred Velociraptors > T-Rex any day.

Also you didn't account for the Pterydactyl that I have flying air support...

Jurassic park? The movie where the protagonists are climatically saved from a pack of raptors by a T-Rex? The raptors barely last ten seconds before Rexy ends their shit.

jurassic-park-t-rex.jpg

about 10 of those i thought were true.

point of interest on the caffeine. it doesnt state the ratio of water to caffeine, and it could be at either extreme. i'd be shocked of a shot of espresso was more hydrating than dehydrating.

alcohol kills brain cells. it says itself in the statement it does.. just under certain conditions.

judo black belts arent the only black belts. a bb in bjj better be good enough to be considered a 'master'.

looked at the first one. i'm sure "vomitorium" isn't even a word 99% of people know, so there's no way that's a common misconception. should i even bother going on?

point of interest on the caffeine. it doesnt state the ratio of water to caffeine, and it could be at either extreme. i'd be shocked of a shot of espresso was more hydrating than dehydrating.

But the thing says CAFFEINE does not dehydrate you. But it is a diuretic so it does. These guys just assume the drug only comes in liquid but take some white crosses and you will feel like you are wearing 5 hats.

The 72 virgins for martyrdom one was dumb. Just because it's not in the Quran doesn't mean it's not a belief of many many Muslims.

The only one that made me go "huh, how about that" was the Bulls being colourblind one.

Jurassic park? The movie where the protagonists are climatically saved from a pack of raptors by a T-Rex? The raptors barely last ten seconds before Rexy ends their shit.

jurassic-park-t-rex.jpg

Nah they were going to win see it's just uh.......

Real velociraptors were the size of dogs. The pterodactyls could be a problem though. Do they have lasers?

No but they do have bees in their mouths, and when they growl they spit bees at you!

You wouldn't eat a big meal and go for an intense anything.

It's not talking about strenuous exercise

Well, in general swimming can be more strenuous than people expect. If you're jogging and need to stop, you just stop. But swimming is more laborious than people expect sometimes and if you get tired or, worse, get cramps while swimming you can't just stop, you need to get out of the water. I have been swimming in the ocean and gotten bad cramps. Being in a shit load of pain and trying to stay above water and getting back to shore was bloody terrifying.

Haha all you suckers with black belts are "competent in the basics." stop bragging.

It's just so great that we made it to page two without anyone engaging the religious idiots.

Good work Mayberry.

It's what makes the 'berry glorious.

I'm still wondering how they tested the bull one. If the test was waving shit at it, it may have only proved bulls don't like shit waved in their face.

alcohol kills brain cells. it says itself in the statement it does.. just under certain conditions.

judo black belts arent the only black belts. a bb in bjj better be good enough to be considered a 'master'.
Ditto. The tongue thing blew my mind heh.

Though when I was in karate the black belt meaning was similar, in that achieving 1st dan only meant you had proficiency in all the techniques and katas a karateka should know. You certainly weren't a master.

Gotta love the jihad, fatwa and 72 virigins inclusion... Dumb fucking list.

It would have been a dumb but fun list without the inclusions that reference Islam and Christianity.

The religious "myths" were redundant. All of that is myth.

The 72 virgins for martyrdom one was dumb. Just because it's not in the Quran doesn't mean it's not a belief of many many Muslims.

The only one that made me go "huh, how about that" was the Bulls being colourblind one.

Right, the Hadiths are taken very seriously and were based on teachings of muhammed

A hadith (/ˈhædɪθ/[1] or /hɑːˈdiːθ/;[2] Arabic: حديث‎‎ ḥadīṯ, plural: ahadith, أحاديث, ʼaḥādīṯ[3]) is one of various reports describing the words, actions, or habits of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad.[3] The term comes from the Arabic meaning a "report", "account" or "narrative". Hadith are second only to the Quran in developing Islamic jurisprudence,[4] and regarded as important tools for understanding the Quran and commentaries (tafsir) written on it. Some important elements of traditional Islam, such as the five salat prayers, are mentioned in hadith.[5]

The hadith literature is based on spoken reports that were in circulation in society after the death of Muhammad. Unlike the Qur'an the hadiths were not quickly and concisely compiled during and immediately after Muhammad's life.[3] Hadith were evaluated and gathered into large collections during the 8th and 9th centuries, generations after the death of Muhammad, after the end of the era of the "rightful" Rashidun Caliphate, over 1,000 km (620 mi) from where Muhammad lived.

Back