A catch wrestlers thoughts

The problem is the lack of a catch Wrestling international federation so you can not develop a style at high level.

The problem is the lack of a catch Wrestling international federation so you can not develop a style at high level.
Imho the more important issue is that
Catch becomes the default for scam artists who dont want to actually train and learn but want to open schools.

Quentin Rosenzweig just easily tapped the “best catch wrestler” Curran Jacobs. Wasn’t competitive in any way.
Maybe it'll do Curran some good. Undoubtedly very good amateur wrestler and respect to him that he has the guts to put it on the line and compete but the way he's been spouting off with some of the nonsense he comes out with is frankly embarrassing. For what it's worth I think he'd get more of the same off Ian Jones as well.

Could anyone who claims to be a catch wrestler actually beat Rustam Chsiev under catch wrestling rules?

Could anyone who claims to be a catch wrestler actually beat Rustam Chsiev under catch wrestling rules?

I actually surprised that no one has tried to make him the face of modern catch. I know he competes in high level bjj but does he even have any rank in bjj?

I actually surprised that no one has tried to make him the face of modern catch. I know he competes in high level bjj but does he even have any rank in bjj?
Have not seen him in a gi. He doesn't train in a top gym and works construction as a day job.

Bjjfanatics has got some more Catch Wrestling Instructionals if you guys want to check them out :

• Tony Cecchine who was trained by Stanley Radwan
showing Hooks and Rips:

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections...tch-wrestling-for-the-street-by-tony-cecchine

TonyCecchine_RealCatchWrestlingfortheStreet_CoverFRONT_1024x1024.jpg

Sam Kressin who trained with Billy Robinson :

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections...-wrestling-submissions-systems-by-sam-kressin

SamKressin_CatchWrestlingSubmissionSystems_Cover_1024x1024.jpg

Joel Bane from Snake Pit USA who also has a 2nd Degree Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Rigan Machado and also trained under Billy Robinson :

https://bjjfanatics.com/collections...ling-leg-riding-and-hammer-locks-by-joel-bane

JoelBane_BrutalCatchWrestling_FrontCover_1_1024x1024.jpg

https://bjjfanatics.com/search?q=catch

Curran Jacobs made a Catch Wrestling Documentary but it hasn't come out yet.

Here's the trailer. It looks really good :

Curran Jacobs made a Catch Wrestling Documentary but it hasn't come out yet.

Here's the trailer. It looks really good :

Some of those cover pics make me wonder if anyone knows of any submissions you can get as you do the Faria over/under pass on people. Catch seems like the kind of thing that would have a few sneaky footlocks from that position. (I mean, besides the knee bar you hit with your legs.)

Some of those cover pics make me wonder if anyone knows of any submissions you can get as you do the Faria over/under pass on people. Catch seems like the kind of thing that would have a few sneaky footlocks from that position. (I mean, besides the knee bar you hit with your legs.)

Well, the dogbar is a classic for a reason. Over/under in general is more of a 'positioning' position than a 'finishing' position.

Check this out, i just discovered a really cool Sakuraba move that builds on something I found in a Ken Shamrock clip a few years ago.

I have been doing the leg lock at 34:00 with great success when people try to reguard:

At the beginning of this clip, Sakuraba goes for a far-side kneebar when the opponent braces and escapes his hips:

Just thought I'd share.

Rustam didn't know any english for a long time and doesn't hype himself much online. Shame he didn't train at a world class bjj gym, when he started dude was pulling white belt moves against bjj legends.

Just thought I'd share that I was at a three hour seminar taught by Erik Paulson this past Saturday. One hour on fighting collar ties in stand up. Two hours on submitting people with the scarf hold.

Back