Social A new study bolsters evidence that severe obesity is increasing in young kids in the US

I'll take your word for it. I'm in Canada. I can't say that I've seen those deals.

Regardless, it's still shitty food that most people eat, simply because it's convenient, and doesn't contain those damn vegetables that fat people don't like the taste of. All comes back to laziness and discipline.

<VinceCa$h>

It's more than just good or bad foods leading to the increase.

Less kids exercising and playing sports (inside and outside of school), way way too much screen time (regardless of the medium), improper diet (referring to timing of meals and snacks), and beyond all that, and it's getting harder for dual-income households and the parents to put aside the time and extra money to be actively involved with the children's sports/exercise etc. It might not be that expensive if the child is just playing houseleague for fun, but if they happen to be good at the sports and play at the more elite levels, it can get pretty expensive and time-consuming.

Teachers used to run intramurals (lunchtime sports between classes) on their own time (and sometimes their own dime), which has pretty much become non-existent locally in schools nowadays, for which I have been told is primarily due to liability reasons.

Just because a kid is not fat, doesn't necessarily mean they are actually fit or in shape.

People in a hurry, less time, lots of bullshit, easy options, less exercise. And for those trying to change their lifestyle and cut the addiction, there's basically heroin everywhere they go.

You’d think the workout and health culture that we have would curb some of this but I guess that is not effective.

Fast food isn't actually that cheap, it's fucking laziness and if you have an obese child you should be monitored till they're taken into care.

You’d think the workout and health culture that we have would curb some of this but I guess that is not effective.
What's sad, is that we now also have a "fat is beautiful and healthy" culture, to counteract that. They took that "Some people are naturally thick, and all the diet and exercise in the world won't make them thin" thing, to "Some people are naturally 400lbs...".

What's sad, is that we now also have a "fat is beautiful and healthy" culture, to counteract that. They took that "Some people are naturally thick, and all the diet and exercise in the world won't make them thin" thing, to "Some people are naturally 400lbs...".

These four social media influencers were swept up by a movement that claims obesity is perfectly healthy... The tragic truth is they have all died under the age of 45

These four social media influencers were swept up by a movement that claims obesity is perfectly healthy... The tragic truth is they have all died under the age of 45

Just watched something similar, but they had like a list of 20+ of these folks. Maybe more. They included lesser well-known ones I imagine, but still. All of them basically carbon copies, saying the same worn-out lines. All dead now too. "Some men, you just cant reach."

We need fat people to work until they’re 60 paying taxes then die from heart attacks before they take that money back out. I support you gelatinous dipshits piercing your nose and dying your hair, coming out trans/non binary, and then croaking

Never believe a fat person when they tell you they've done everything possible and still can't lose weight.

Their version of doing everything possible is buying a box of Atkins candy bars and polishing them off in a couple days. Replacing Coke with Diet Coke. Eating a 1000 calorie salad instead of a 1000 calorie burger. Ordering desserts with fruit in them because fruit is healthy. The list of bullshit goes on and on.

Just watched something similar, but they had like a list of 20+ of these folks. Maybe more. They included lesser well-known ones I imagine, but still. All of them basically carbon copies, saying the same worn-out lines. All dead now too. "Some men, you just cant reach."

Remember how the news loved to report on 20 & 30 year olds who died from COVID in 2020/2021.

Everytime... extremely morbidly obese.

Why COVID-19 is more deadly in people with obesity—even if they're young

When the first wave of coronavirus hit the state of Vermont in the spring, patients from all corners of the state came to the intensive care unit at the University of Vermont Medical Center. There, critical care physician MaryEllen Antkowiak quickly saw a tragic pattern: Patients arrived at the hospital after a few days of flulike symptoms and fever. They tested positive for COVID-19. They grew increasingly short of breath. Many ended up on ventilators, and many died.

In addition to this course of disease, patients frequently shared one additional attribute: obesity. "These were otherwise healthy, hard-working people," Antkowiak says. "Their major risk factor for getting this sick was obesity."

Since the pandemic began, dozens of studies have reported that many of the sickest COVID-19 patients have been people with obesity. In recent weeks, that link has come into sharper focus as large new population studies have cemented the association and demonstrated that even people who are merely overweight are at higher risk.

Diet doesnt matter much if you arent moving your body
Hi, professional trainer here: this is wrong. We tell people all the time, “you can’t outrun a bad diet”. Exercise is good for all sorts of reasons both physically and mentally, but of the two diet is way more important than exercise.

Lol, no they are not. Why does everyone think this? A big mac meal is like 12 dollars. You can get 5 bananas for like 1.50. Or a bag of kale with 5 servings for 3 bucks. Fruits and veggies are basically the cheapest thing in a grocery store. Have you been to a grocery store ever?
rice, wheat, oats, and beans also.

Fast food isn't actually that cheap, it's fucking laziness and if you have an obese child you should be monitored till they're taken into care.

- To be fair. I think this started two or so decades ago. And now reached this level.

As i said a couple of posts before. Were i live, we have great soccers fields. Nobody uses. Those fields been around fora 15 years or more. When i was a kid, we had to break into the school to play. When the cops were called, they used to encorage us to play.

So the sedentary generation of 15years ago, now all have kids. When the kids get to fat, they send them to martial-arts. But two hours of "exercising", isn't going to compensate for all the time doing nothing.

- I know you're a smart woman. They will never act on this. Because obese kids now, like sick adults tomorrow. More money. The fitness industry will sell a lot of uselles powders too.

Hi, professional trainer here: this is wrong. We tell people all the time, “you can’t outrun a bad diet”. Exercise is good for all sorts of reasons both physically and mentally, but of the two diet is way more important than exercise.

- To be health no. But to get shreded, we have drugs for this!
And drugs to fix the problems for those drugs also!😁

important for what? plenty of athletes eat like shit.. Mikey Musumeci is #1 BJJ fighter in the world and he eats nothing but pizza and pasta, and dude is shredded.

Last edited:
Scary stuff. They've adopted the logic that "food shaming" is not tolerated (even though it's for the actual benefit of the individual) and instead allowed the poor decision to be learned as okay. It's another example of perverted virtue signaling from low-IQ people who don't understand the long-term ramifications of their bullshit.

- I'm reading old Spider-Man comics. He cracks so many fat jokes at King-Pin!
Some times i even feel bad for the guy!

important for what? plenty of athletes eat like shit.. Mikey Musumeci is #1 BJJ fighter in the world and he eats nothing but pizza and pasta, and dude is shredded.
Pizza and pasta isn't terrible for you, especially if it is a high quality pizza. Could be better, but it is not as bad as a diet of McDonald's and candy.

Pizza and pasta isn't terrible for you, especially if it is a high quality pizza. Could be better, but it is not as bad as a diet of McDonald's and candy.
did you see the post i was responding to? or iust trying to nitpick what i said..

Back