Social A new study bolsters evidence that severe obesity is increasing in young kids in the US

Literally brought my son to the climbing gym today and we climbed the pegboard.

With that said, old timey PE standards were created to ensure high school aged boys were ready in case they got drafted to war.

I want to ensure kids stay active, but that doesn't necessarily mean to mimic what was in that video

I remember during P.E. we used to play tackle football with no gear 🤣
I did that in my late teens / early 20s at a park with random people. Crazy that I never broke anything doing that although one time I caught a kickoff and the guy hit me so hard I thought it broke my jaw

I did that in my late teens / early 20s at a park with random people. Crazy that I never broke anything doing that although one time I caught a kickoff and the guy hit me so hard I thought it broke my jaw
Brah, I remember some of the bigger kids would smash the smaller one's like they were toddlers when I was a teen. I was surprised no one got seriously injured 😳

Same! Whoever showed up got split up and we played full tackle. I never broke anything but had a couple of friends end up making ER visits for stitches. Shit was wild. I wonder if anybody still does it.

Same! Whoever showed up got split up and we played full tackle. I never broke anything but had a couple of friends end up making ER visits for stitches. Shit was wild. I wonder if anybody still does it.
Shirts vs skins LOL

Fast food is not exactly cheap these days. One combo on average is like $12-$13 bucks. You know how much healthy food you can get for that at the grocery store? Days worth.

It's laziness and having no discipline. They're not manufacturing processed bananas and carrots.

Even at the grocery store, if I buy cheap processed crap it’s less expensive than the healthy stuff. If you are stretching $13 at the local grocery store for more than a day we aren’t buying the same stuff.

Fast food is not exactly cheap these days. One combo on average is like $12-$13 bucks. You know how much healthy food you can get for that at the grocery store? Days worth.

It's laziness and having no discipline. They're not manufacturing processed bananas and carrots.
Fast food isn't as cheap as it was before but you can still get a double cheeseburger and small fries for $3.49 plus tax.

How is being a fat fuck real? Just eat less lmao stupid lardasses

Even at the grocery store, if I buy cheap processed crap it’s less expensive than the healthy stuff. If you are stretching $13 at the local grocery store for more than a day we aren’t buying the same stuff.
You're gonna have to be a little more specific. You can buy quite a bit of fruits and veggies for $13. Not a month's worth or anything, but definitely more value than one stop at a fast food restaurant. If you can afford fast food for lunch and dinner, you can afford to shop healthier. Even a carton of eggs, can still give you 12 eggs that you can make all sorts of shit with, for a few bucks.

Fast food isn't as cheap as it was before but you can still get a double cheeseburger and small fries for $3.49 plus tax.

Lmao, not in Canada. That'd be around 7$, 8$ with our outrageous sales tax. Meanwhile I just bought a bag of apples on sale for $2.50, some broccoli for $2.50$, a bag of frozen veggies for 3$, cottage cheese for 3.50$, 85% chocolate bar $2.50, a large pack of meat on sale for 10$. Shop the fucking sales, it's not hard. The fat fucks aren't poor, they don't want to eat healthy. What they want are dopamine hits. The lean meat and the broccoli doesn't hit the way the family bag of Doritos (6$ by the way) and the Oreos (6$) do. It's not that deep. Processed packaged foods have very high profit margins for the manufacturers and the macros (and micros) you get from it are terrible. Flour and sugar arranged a million different ways. It's not cheap, it's barely food.

<--- Misses the potential of seeing fat lego characters.

The kids are so sedentary. Even their bikes and scooters are electric now. Idiocracy (Movie), seems more and more on the mark.

Obviously the food has a major impact... but it's got to be as much lifestyle no?

Like I ate like crap as a kid. Fast food pretty regularly but I never got fat or remotely close to obese.

As a child I would have been spending ... what 20 - 30 hours comfortably a week " exercising " easily. ( probably more )

I doubt most kids get 10 nowadays

McDonald's. Double cheeseburger, small fries, and 6 nuggets are all on the 2 for $3.49 menu (used to be 2 for $3).
I'll take your word for it. I'm in Canada. I can't say that I've seen those deals.

Regardless, it's still shitty food that most people eat, simply because it's convenient, and doesn't contain those damn vegetables that fat people don't like the taste of. All comes back to laziness and discipline.

Back