Social An epic tale of beta!!!

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alright boys and girls...this...THIS right here will be the most epic thing you've read on Sherdog. I'm not putting cliffs so buckle up. As many of you know, I've been obsessed with chess since the beginning of the pandemic. I train probably 2-4 hours a day, waking up at 4 am to get two hours in and then a few hours before bed.
15030.png
15029.png
I have trained more than that but I digress...

I started a chess club at my work (big mistake in hindsight) as a few guys there also liked chess. I played in person against each of them and either had a draw or loss. To be fair, I was working new openings in all but one game. I tried Kings Indian, English Opening...etc. One game I played the best of the three of us using the Italian. I focused on the Evans Gambit as I studied it a ton. I was in the process of studying it when I played in person. I was close but ended up losing in the end game.

I went back to training and vowed that I would beat him soon. I had written down that game and studied it. My ultimate goal and I'm not kidding, is I want to be a GM one day. It's basically my black belt quest I conquered in a few martial art disciplines. Ask @NoGoodNamesLeft how much I play...he knows.

I train hard for about a month focusing exclusively on the Italian game. I run through all the powerful lines on the Evans Gambit and then I come home one day and challenge my foe to another match. We play through the Italian Game and specifically I run the Evans Gambit. He blinders early with his knight and I began to apply pressure on his kingside stopping him from finding safety. I beat him clean. This is where the epic begins.

The other guy that was watching us play, asked if I used a chess computer. I didn't know what he meant at first but now understand. I didn't and would dream of it. I want to beat him fair and square. I brushed it off and didn't say anything more than defend my game. I get to work about three days later and one of the guys that works with them asked what I was doing cheating against the other guy. Wtf?!?! Talking shit homie?!?
<FookIsThatGuy>
I brush that off and don't say much then either. Integrity is a big thing to me so I was pissed but assumed he was translating something off. Here is the text exchange (names redacted) to show what happened that night.
15064~2.png
15066~3.png
15065~4.png
I've been super busy with work as we are starting to reopen up a lot of our programs so I haven't been able to play them in the past two weeks. I frankly am conflicted on the whole thing as it is cuck to accuse someone of that when they have great defense.

I had washed my hands of it when tonight I went on chess.com to run some puzzles and saw they both unfriended me. Lol!!! So the guy I beat never said anything but the guy that watched convinced him to unfriend me. Have you ever seen anything more beta in your life?!?! Lol!!!

{<jordan}

You should go to their house and rearrange their furniture.

Lets see how they like having their Sofa in the bathroom.

I got a Friday fact for ya! Shit particles float and WILL ruin your furniture!!!

I feel ashamed that I defended myself but I was so blown away. It immediately sucked the wind out of my sails for a victory. I've never been accused of cheating in my life.

I don't know shit about chess but I get the jist of the situation.

Clearly a case of sour grapes. Fuck those dudes.

I don't know shit about chess but I get the jist of the situation.

Clearly a case of sour grapes. Fuck those dudes.

Majority of chess players master openings and follow the lines they present. Basically a plan of attack. I followed it to a T and won. I find it beta to not only jump right to accusations but to then unfriend the guy lol. As I keep improving I'd have gotten accused a bunch more. I guess I sped up the inevitable. I literally can never make new work friends.

You should replace all their pawns with tiny wieners then release bears into their houses and fill their bathtubs with raccoons.

Back