Another reason why GSP is the GOAT

Hughes and Prime BJ Penn are all time great fighters so it's not that bad lol
Koscheck was a monster too, who just had the misfortune to fight in the GSP Era

Now you're making excuses for the facts that debunk your initial statement.

40.91% of GSP's UFC fights were against 4 people. Almost half.

Yeah well that aura is gone now from Usman.

Aura? GSP lost his first title shot and his first title defense. He started his championship career 1-2. Usman started his championship career 6-1, has the second longest win streak in UFC history, and got 3x as many finishes as GSP has in title defenses - in half as many attempts.

He still has the opportunity to regain the title and surpass GSP's accomplishments.

Jones is the obvious GOAT, and I really dislike and have always disliked that fucker.

Any other pick is delusional. Without the Hamill bs DQ and Cormier NC he would be at 28-0 (well actually, 27-1 considering he lost to Reyes but thats another discussion), 22 fight winstreak in the UFC, 14 title defenses, joined the UFC at 21 after only 6 pro fights, champ at 23 and fought nothing but title challengers since then.

Wins over Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Gus x2, Glover, OSP, Santos, Hamill, Smith, Vitor, Rashad, and DC x2. Beating DC twice in dominant fashion is more impressive than most fighters careers. Stipe went 2-1 with an old DC, got KO'd in the first, and had to endure hell for three rounds in the second fight until DC faded.

Again I really dislike Jones, I've been praying to see him lose since the Vera days, before he was the champ, but I just dont see how any other pick is justified. Yeah we can talk about PEDs, but cmon who the hell is truly natty even today, let alone back in the 2010-2016 era. Even now there are loads of guys fighting with like a single digit fat percentage while yoked as fuck.

Anderson and GSP, in no particular order are obvious runner ups. And Khabib belongs somewhere on the 8-12 spot on the list.

Last edited:

You act like it was 4 fights but it was like 9 fights, a third of his career.

Canadians......

However I have him in the top 5 goats.
Jones, Gsp, Khabib. Based on career acompliments and what they did in their division, and how they did it.

However the best fighters are the big ones cause they would anhiliate George's. Fighting and grappling are the only sports with weight categories for competitors. There is no 5'6 NBA league, or 180 pound NFL division.

So pound for pound is not as valuable compared to who would win between 2 fighters.

A fighter that the UFC didn’t even want and got traded for Ben Askren(a boring, nothing special fighter that was arguably already washed) despite still being near his prime
People overlook that Mighty Mouse lost to Cruz as well. Cruz got annihilated by a guy with no chin

Be honest you actually think GSP was a clean fighter? You don’t find it at least a little bit suspicious that he never got tested under usada and left the sport during which he was never in a testing pool and had plenty of time to cycle steroids. Then he returns for one fight where he’s abnormally big and barley can hold on the weight. Then he announces that he has some stomach issue and can’t fight at that weight anymore (lol good timing). All that being said idgaf if he was a cheater because this is professional sports and 85% of the roster is using. My point is don’t idealize these people because you know nothing about them other than their chosen occupation. His skill set was ahead of his time but sport is young and evolving quick still. Guys coming up now have the same skill set as gsp early in their careers. Still the most boring champion in UFC history tho

If he was a juicer, he must be co

And what's the problem about it?

Is SLpM “fans put to sleep per minute”?

GSP definitely the GOAT of that.

Jones is the obvious GOAT, and I really dislike and have always disliked that fucker.

Any other pick is delusional. Without the Hamill bs DQ and Cormier NC he would be at 28-0 (well actually, 27-1 considering he lost to Reyes but thats another discussion), 22 fight winstreak in the UFC, 14 title defenses, joined the UFC at 21 after only 6 pro fights, champ at 23 and fought nothing but title challengers since then.

Wins over Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Gus x2, Glover, OSP, Santos, Hamill, Smith, Vitor, Rashad, and DC x2. Beating DC twice in dominant fashion is more impressive than most fighters careers. Stipe went 2-1 with an old DC, got KO'd in the first, and had to endure hell for three rounds in the second fight until DC faded.

Again I really dislike Jones, I've been praying to see him lose since the Vera days, before he was the champ, but I just dont see how any other pick is justified. Yeah we can talk about PEDs, but cmon who the hell is truly natty even today, let alone back in the 2010-2016 era. Even now there are loads of guys fighting with like a single digit fat percentage while yoked as fuck.

Anderson and GSP, in no particular order are obvious runner ups. And Khabib belongs somewhere on the 8-12 spot on the list.

Jones is the closest to Silva in accomplishments. He's still a tad bit behind, but those two are the only logical choices for #1 and #2. The closest to them is DJ.

Greatest Of All Time is measuring greatness. Greatness is measured by accomplishments and accolades, in comparison to their peers. All mentioned are great, no question, but when you compare them to each other, nobody has done more than Anderson Silva in the sport of MMA.

I love both gsp and Fedor but honestly to me what fedor did was more goatworthy...he went undefeated for so many fights, thats like a multiplier each new victory which grants extra experience plus you add in the 9 victories over ex ufc champs, the fact he finished so many of them in the first round during his run, yea thats the right way to goat.

Gsp is very close at no2 though and a true martial artist who actually deserves and earned the right to title himself that.

A few of them. Most notably the narrative that GSP's era didn't have rematches, which is why I provided you with some useful information.

They had rematches, but not immediate rematches after a loss. GSP lost two times his belt, and clawed his way back to the title.

Yes, which is why he's not the greatest. Others achieved much more before losing their title even once.

Still the dude has the best resume by far, and didn't popped, so...?
If not GSP, it has to be Fedor IMO
But since Fedor also has lost, and since he did some can crushing and circus fights, I'm going with the dude who has Prime Penn, Prime Hughes, Shields, Fitch, Hendricks on his bodycounts list

And while GSP had his "Hendricks fight", Jones had his "Gustafsson 1/Santos/Reyes" fights

Back