Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Usyk gets koed. He is just too small and simply has very low punching power. He cant hurt Joshua, so Joshua will be able to walk through him. You need at least a certain amount of power to keep your opponent honest. I dont think Usyk has ernough firepower to do so.

Yeah, if he can’t keep the top HWs honest, he’ll be walking a tightrope for 12 rounds.

Doesnt mean the opportunities werent there. Chisora was wobbly on several occasions.
Other fighters have gotten a better version of Chisora out of there .

How would bulking up help him in any way? This is boxing, not bodybuilding.

Even in MMA, where grappling / strength is a key factor, I can rarely think of succesful bulking up stories. Overeem is an exception, and even he was forced to slim down when he got tested positive for horse meat.
Holyfield bulked up a fair bit for his campaign at HW.

main-qimg-7cba66789e7e26822c95eb50fa6407bf

Well Evan Fields was on the juice.
Maybe that would help Usyk, I don't know. But gaining 25 pounds naturally? Not a good idea... Agility, durability, speed are important in fighting.

Maybe that would help Usyk, I don't know. But gaining 25 pounds naturally? Not a good idea... Agility, durability, speed are important in fighting.
Yeah he was on juice but I bet he's not the only one who's done it and he won't be the last.

Yeah fair bit of Juice at that and also a few years of hard training, juice still takes hard work and a few years to gain a good few pounds of lean mass. It's not this miracle drug people seem to think and let's be fair Usyk isn't getting younger and he doesn't have a few years to put on the pounds.

In regard to him vs AJ, he isn't ready at all. Chisora is getting on, he's an agressive HW and he man handled him around the ring. Yes he hurt Chisora but he struggled and made a meal of it. If AJ walked him down like like chisora did I think AJ would KO him eventually, AJ is a few steps up from Chisora let's be honest.

And they actually tried to.
I think this is the key point. It's not as if Usyk was trying with all his might to get Chisora out of there, he did exactly what he needed to do to win a UD, no more, no less.

Usyk isn't a destroyer of worlds, he's an efficient technician.

he definitely did hurt him a couple of times.
Usyk really starts blasting him at 5:40. If that round isnt over Im not sure Chisora is still standing. About half way through the fight Usyk really started landing well and Chisora had wobbly legs a few times.

Hes no Whyte/AJ/Wilder but he can still get the job done.

I'm not saying he should bulk that much...
what is it with some people against bulking like it's the deadly sin...

I'm saying just enough to get him adapted into a good HW efficient enough to make him a factor for the major titles.

Also.. everybody is on the juice weather it's soccer or Judo. trainers literally consult nutritionists and doctors all the time for ways to cheat the system.

If boxing adopts the strict testing we've seen MMA start taking in the past decade, a lot of them would start popping like they did there too.

Bruh, I laugh my ass off everytime someone mentions the olympics in this regard, the most corrupt international sporting event. Always annoyed me that it was hard to convince casuals in sport medicine with out them spouting "conspiracy", so I'm happy the documentary Icarus came out, Russia was literally sneaking piss jars in and out through the walls.

This is not one athlete ... not one gym... not one organization or company... IT'S A WHOLE COUNTRY, THE BIGGEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, FOR ALMOST A CENTURY!!! oh, and second vid is for the lolz.

Yeah fair bit of Juice at that and also a few years of hard training, juice still takes hard work and a few years to gain a good few pounds of lean mass. It's not this miracle drug people seem to think and let's be fair Usyk isn't getting younger and he doesn't have a few years to put on the pounds.

In regard to him vs AJ, he isn't ready at all. Chisora is getting on, he's an agressive HW and he man handled him around the ring. Yes he hurt Chisora but he struggled and made a meal of it. If AJ walked him down like like chisora did I think AJ would KO him eventually, AJ is a few steps up from Chisora let's be honest.
Yeah AJ is a much harder proposition than Chisora. Especially the more mobile AJ. Usyk will look good against plodders but against a big HW like AJ who can move as well as shut your lights out, he's going have his hands full. I'd like to see a rematch with Joyce but perhaps Joyce isn't big enough name with too high risk for Usyk at this stage.

I don't get why people think Usyk has these great skills. He's not that great. His defense is porous, he's a slow starter, he has no power- I really don't see it. He hops around a lot so I guess people think he is doing something.

How can you call a former undisputed cruiserweight champion not that great thats like an oxymoron?

Usyk gets koed. He is just too small and simply has very low punching power. He cant hurt Joshua, so Joshua will be able to walk through him. You need at least a certain amount of power to keep your opponent honest. I dont think Usyk has ernough firepower to do so.
Didn’t stop Floyd

Didn’t stop Floyd
Floyd actually has pretty good power. thats what almost every opponent he shared the ring with said. and frankly, his punches, if he really puts everything into them look strong. he has very fast hands, all he has to do is put his weight into the shots.

Usyk has Ukranian style of defensive attrition before picking it up in later rounds, but I don't know how well he is going to take Joshua's punches on his forehead up until then.

Took Whyte 23 rounds to stop him
Meh, so what? Whyte is an overrated journeyman himself.
I'd think Usyk is supposed to be better than Whyte and Chisora basically walked through all he had and kept coming.
Usyk doesn't have power, he's not a puncher.

Meh, so what? Whyte is an overrated journeyman himself.
I'd think Usyk is supposed to be better than Whyte and Chisora basically walked through all he had and kept coming.
Usyk doesn't have power, he's not a puncher.
If Whyte is an overrated journeyman than all of the HWs are trash.

Back