Anthony Joshua vs. Oleksandr Usyk.

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's just about as good a plan B as we could ask for tbh. If Fury and Wilder are both occupied then Usyk is the next best option.

Fck it I’m intrigued and looking forward to this fight now. We can still have a unification fight at he end of the year, if the right fighters win!

This a good fight. I’ve absolutely no idea whether usyk can stay conscious for the entire fight but he definitely has the skills to easily outbox Joshua for the most part.

Would still rather have usyk vs wilder and the winner gets AJ/fury, but that ain’t gonna happen

AJ/Usyk is a great fight. I hope Fury and Wilder both miss out on the AJ paydays, neither deserve shit with all of their BS.

Usyk had such an exciting career 2017-2018. I think with inactivity and injuries his best days may already be behind him. I hope not. I’m still a huge fan. I even have a few Usyk shirts that I ordered in 2018. His heavyweight run has been a bit nerve racking though. I’d like to Usyk fight Joe Joyce again to see where he’s currently at. If AJ/Usyk happens next I fear AJ will win. I’ll be rooting for Usyk though

Usyk is a strange cat isnt he, he does make me laugh but each time you see him he is wearing strange clothes and always hanging around with people who look backwards, he doesnt come across as the full shilling really yet he has managed to get to the position where he fights for the HW title after unifying the CW belts, he's an odd story

Usyk is a strange cat isnt he, he does make me laugh but each time you see him he is wearing strange clothes and always hanging around with people who look backwards, he doesnt come across as the full shilling really yet he has managed to get to the position where he fights for the HW title after unifying the CW belts, he's an odd story
He looks like a psychopath lol. I love his videos he is hilarious.

I think he's just your average guy that doesn't act up for cameras or because he should be an alpha.

For me he's the best personality in boxing.

Nothing wrong with wanting more money. But for Usyk the most important goal is getting the fight ASAP. He shouldn't make the mistake Whyte did by refusing a lowball offer.

indeed. Isnt there a set % that a mandatory challenger will be paid?
I don’t think it will hold up the fight though. Imo Whyte didn’t take the fight as he wanted wilder, saw him as the easier fight. He probably expected to get his shot by now. Usyk moved up in weight to fight Joshua

I’m torn in this fight as I’m a big fan of both. I’ll no doubt support my fellow countryman come fight night but I really don’t want to see either guy lose.
I’m proper excited about this now!

I’m torn in this fight as I’m a big fan of both. I’ll no doubt support my fellow countryman come fight night but I really don’t want to see either guy lose.
I’m proper excited about this now!
I remember during the Chisora fight I found myself rooting for Usyk and had to tell myself to stop lmao

I think he's just your average guy that doesn't act up for cameras or because he should be an alpha.

For me he's the best personality in boxing.

Boxing would be far better with more characters like usyk. He seems a genuine fella, and more importantly doesn’t take himself too seriously. He even had bellew acting the gent in the run up to their fight, rather than turning in to a prick, like he normally does. I doubt very much that there will be any animosity in the run up to the Joshua fight.
he’s a really easy dude to like, in and out of the ring

I remember during the Chisora fight I found myself rooting for Usyk and had to tell myself to stop lmao

yeah same as that dude, and I’m happy to admit that I love Del Boy. He’s my favourite average boxer along with Liam Williams. His KO of takam is probably my boxing highlight of the last few years. Piss myself laughing everytime I see it

I think usyk needs to prove himself a bit more at heavyweight before he starts fighting people like aj

Back