Anyone else a little disappointed in Ilia Topuria?

Matt Brown's Elbow

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I feel like Max should be a clear cut contender of Ilia's belt ..but Ilia would rather fight him for the bmf title, which we all know ain't even a real belt. It's almost like he's not expecting to beat Max and wants to keep his title safe. What do you think sherbros? Let me know in the comments.

Nah I give it a pass because it is rational.

Fans care about the BMF / hence all the declarations since 300 that Max is a true BMF / no threads saying "lol who cares"

Organizations cares about the BMF for sure.

Why shouldn't Ilia want that title too if the fans and the org both care about it?

I have a huge issue fighters on zero defences that suddenly has a long list of demands the moment they get some success...

Fight the man and stfu.

Oh, and he's not a footballer either, despite Real Madrid forcing him down Spain's throat at every opportunity...

Uncle Chael had an interesting take on this. To paraphrase; Ilia would be more motivated if he was in a position to take something from Max, vice just defending his own belt.

Also, I believe TS is incorrect in that the FW belt wouldn’t also be on the line. If I misinterpreted Ilia’s tweet, then please set me straight. The Winner of this fight would take both.

I feel like Max should be a clear cut contender of Ilia's belt ..but Ilia would rather fight him for the bmf title, which we all know ain't even a real belt. It's almost like he's not expecting to beat Max and wants to keep his title safe. What do you think sherbros? Let me know in the comments.
He said he wants Max's belt on the line too and if Max doesn't accept that then he isn't really BMF

If the bout is at 145 then there is no reason Max can't put his belt vs Ilia's

Uncle Chael had an interesting take on this. To paraphrase; Ilia would be more motivated if he was in a position to take something from Max, vice just defending his own belt.

Also, I believe TS is incorrect in that the FW belt wouldn’t also be on the line. If I misinterpreted Ilia’s tweet, then please set me straight. The Winner of this fight would take both.

i mean, isn't beating Max Holloway enough motivation for anyone? the belt is meaningless, a win over Max means a lot. look how it catapulted Volkanovski into GOAT contention.

i mean, isn't beating Max Holloway enough motivation for anyone? the belt is meaningless, a win over Max means a lot. look how it catapulted Volkanovski into GOAT contention.

Totally. Like I said, Chael’s take. He does have some interesting opinions. I don’t agree with all of them. For example, I don’t believe that Max’s recent KO is the best of all time, but I still enjoy hearing alternate views on this. And I don’t really think that Ilia has a hard time motivating himself. The rules of the BMF belt haven’t really been established, but I think that for sure it needs to be kept separate from the actual belt.

Can’t says I blame him after max’s performance, but yeah, the champion should rise to challenges

Ilia is a lil diva bitch and with his recent comments, should be disqualified from fighting for the BMF title.
On top of that, Max is the clear cut #1 contender and should be fighting for the FW title next.
I like Topuria as a fighter, but he’s kind of a douche as a person.

just make it title vs title @ 145. will be the first time 2 belts ae up in the same fight. put a womens title fight as co-main and that ppv will sell better then 301
Putting a women’s title actually hurts the selling of the fight and is a horrible idea unless it’s Harrison vs Nunes.

Ilia is a lil diva bitch and with his recent comments, should be disqualified from fighting for the BMF title.
On top of that, Max is the clear cut #1 contender and should be fighting for the FW title next.
I like Topuria as a fighter, but he’s kind of a douche as a person.

Well said sir.

Ilia is just showing his true colors.
When a man tells you who he is, listen.

Ilia is a talented and elite fighter, no doubt, but he is 100% a spoiled brat, entitled man baby who wants things he hasn't earned.

Max is the clear contender and Ilia should want that win on his resume.

It would sell much better if you didn’t have women on the card.
Ridonkulous..

Are you saying UFC 300 would have sold better without Andrade, Holly, Kayla, and Weili on it? We don’t get the numbers anymore. But I have real doubts as to whether it sold more than UFC 193. You know.. Ronda vs Holly as the ME. And Joanna vs Val LeTourneau as the Co-Main. With 50K people in the stadium in Australia. It sold 1.1M ppv.

As for Topuria.. Clearly another of the new breed. They want all the belts. But never want to defend their belt. The kind of “champ” all the kids love these days. Big mouth, small scrote.

Back